Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Broken down twice

jhahn2jhahn2 Member Posts: 1
edited July 2015 in BMW
Hi. I'm in some unchartered waters and was hoping for some feedback. I've had my BMW 4 series (leased) for about 13 months. Back in November while on a busy interstate my car essentially came to a stop. Wouldn't drive. Wouldn't start. Fortunately I could feel something coming and was able to get off the road. Faulty fuel injector was determined to be the problem. Now yesterday, about 8 months later, my car again came to a complete stop after receiving a transmission warning which lasted for all of 2 seconds. This time on a busy downtown DC road.
BMW service says its a fuel pump and part will be in on Tuesday. They seem to think its a fix it and forget it situation. I am far less confident and not desirous to get back in a one year old car with 5300 miles on it. I don't know how I would be expected to drive confidently.

Am I wrong to assume they should let me out of this lease and be helpful in getting into a new one? Does anyone know the best way to approach this? Dealership doesn't seem all that concerned. Spoke to BMW of North America today but it was simply an agent gathering information. Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Options
    cmhj2000cmhj2000 Member Posts: 381
    You have a warranty, use it
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,266
    I agree... BMW says your car needs a new fuel pump. BMW is paying to fix it. That's pretty much the end of story. What you are asking (hoping) for is unreasonable, I think.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    I don't see how you'd get out of the lease. I"m sure BMW will fix it. So put all this in your memory bank next time you shop for a car.
  • Options
    zoombie99zoombie99 Member Posts: 320
    BMW has issued a recall for the fuel pump on some of the 428s. My wife's 428x was built in October of 2013 and is subject to the recall.
    BMW 2019 540x Bluestone
    BMW 2019 Glacier Silver X3 30i being built to replace a 2017 X3 (wife's)
  • Options
    I think Bosch makes the fuel pump.
    BMW 2019 540x Bluestone
  • Options
    Just picked up yesterday's mail. I finally received the recall notice.
    BMW 2019 540x Bluestone