Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

One time payout lease SQ5

jhansenkujhansenku Member Posts: 7
edited July 2015 in Audi
i found an Audi SQ5 that I'm interested in, 2015. On the fence whether to buy or lease. Mi have 26,000 equity to trade in. My dealer wants to trade key for key on the audi calling it a one time lease payout. I'll have the SQ5 for 36 mos, 15 k a year and no payments. Is that a good deal? Or should I purchase? Sticker is 62,400, selling price 59,000. $1000 rebate if finance through Audi or $500 rebate through my own bank. A three year lease with no payments sounds nice. What should I do?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,266
    jhansenku said:

i found an Audi SQ5 that I'm interested in, 2015. On the fence whether to buy or lease. Mi have 26,000 equity to trade in. My dealer wants to trade key for key on the audi calling it a one time lease payout. I'll have the SQ5 for 36 mos, 15 k a year and no payments. Is that a good deal? Or should I purchase? Sticker is 62,400, selling price 59,000. $1000 rebate if finance through Audi or $500 rebate through my own bank. A three year lease with no payments sounds nice. What should I do?

$26,000 is the equivalent of $722/mo. for 36 months. Probably a decent price for that vehicle. Does that include tax, as well?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Yes, that includes sales tax. I've heard people say to be careful with the one time lease pay because if the car is a total loss by theft or a wreck, you can lose a lot of the money you paid?
  • Options
    Does anybody know the current MF and residual on a SQ5 36mo/15k per year?
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,337
    jhansenku said:

2015 or 2016?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    Michaell said:

jhansenku said:

2015 or 2016?
  • Options
    At this point, my local dealer has a 2015. There is really no incentives to buy the 2015 except the $1,000 Audi loyalty. The 2016s are coming out now. Same rebate on them. The only incentive for me is they have the 2015 in stock and I like it! Of course they tell me they only get about 6 Sq5s per year so they are hard to find. Decision now is be patient and see if Audi offers a bigger rebate on the 15s soon or wait and get a 16. My gut is to at least go for a 6% off sticker plus the rebate and try and get the lowest MF I can and highest residual. Sounds like 54% is the number I'm hearing for 36mo and 15k. I'm a little green on money factor.
  • Options
    jhansenku said:

At this point, my local dealer has a 2015. There is really no incentives to buy the 2015 except the $1,000 Audi loyalty. The 2016s are coming out now. Same rebate on them. The only incentive for me is they have the 2015 in stock and I like it! Of course they tell me they only get about 6 Sq5s per year so they are hard to find. Decision now is be patient and see if Audi offers a bigger rebate on the 15s soon or wait and get a 16. My gut is to at least go for a 6% off sticker plus the rebate and try and get the lowest MF I can and highest residual. Sounds like 54% is the number I'm hearing for 36mo and 15k. I'm a little green on money factor.

2015 SQ5 P+ - .00105 and 54% for 36/15

2016 SQ5 P+ - .00155 and 58% for 36/15

My perspective is that if I'm leasing a $50K vehicle, I'd get exactly what I want - color, options, etc. Could be worth a special order.

Not likely to see any bigger incentives, but I've been wrong before.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    Michaell said:

jhansenku said:

My perspective is that if I'm leasing a $50K vehicle, I'd get exactly what I want - color, options, etc. Could be worth a special order.

So is it better to have higher residual or lower? Is residual negotiable or set? And, if you add the Audi care what does that do to residual?
  • Options
    jhansenku said:

Michaell said:

jhansenku said:

So is it better to have higher residual or lower? Is residual negotiable or set? And, if you add the Audi care what does that do to residual?
    You want a higher residual for a lower payment. AudiCare adds 1% to the residual. Residual is set by the bank and cannot be modified.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

jhansenku said:

Michaell said:

jhansenku said:

You want a higher residual for a lower payment. AudiCare adds 1% to the residual. Residual is set by the bank and cannot be modified.
    So when you add Audicare your residual increases to 55% 36/15? So your payment is lower when you add Audicare?
  • Options
    jhansenku said:

Michaell said:

jhansenku said:

Michaell said:

jhansenku said:

So when you add Audicare your residual increases to 55% 36/15? So your payment is lower when you add Audicare?
    That is correct, though you do have to add the cost of AudiCare to your cap cost.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator