Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Will Change the Way You Park - 2015 Acura TLX SH-AWD Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited August 2015 in Acura
imageWill Change the Way You Park - 2015 Acura TLX SH-AWD Long-Term Road Test

When the driver shuts down the engine in the 2015 Acura TLX, the transmission is put in Park automatically.

Read the full story here

Comments

• kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    I dunno, sounds neat, but given all of the controversy with the ignition push buttons, I'd be scared to death of accidentally pushing the button while driving. That being said, I don't think that pushing a "P" button is the way to park either, so...
  • nomercy346nomercy346 Member Posts: 69
    give me a good ole column shifter I can just yank up till it stops and a key to pull out....

now, get off my lawn!
  • subatomicsubatomic Member Posts: 140
    I am curious to know how the TLX drives when compared to intended competitors like the 3-Series, A4, C-Class, etc. Does the SH-AWD system contribute to more neutral handling? How does the NVH compare to the competition? Inquiring minds want to know....
  • allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    edited August 2015
    Still prefer the old fashioned shifters. My favorite is the ones that only have PRND and a manual mode to the side, no separate 321 selections and no gated shifters. Still not a fan of column mounted shifters but they do work well in trucks by saving lots of space.
  • cracknutcracknut Member Posts: 17
    In my Touareg I regularly turn off the car in neutral so that I can push into inch perfect position in my garage. Probably a rare use case but it's good to have the flexibility. What if the Acura needed to be moved while off? Is there a tow or emergency mode?
  • sharpendsharpend Member Posts: 177
    The Ferrari 458 also has the auto Park feature. Makes it ridiculously easy to drive this car.
  • jorocojajajorocojaja Member Posts: 8
    Our i3 has a little too much shunt if you do not put the vehicle into Park before powering off. I am not so sure not placing cars in P is that great of an idea.