Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Leased an Accord, but didn't drive off lot. Can I still cancel the agreement?

sm2004dsm2004d Member Posts: 10
edited October 2015 in Honda
I signed a lease last night for a 2015 Honda Accord EX, but when the salesperson was delivering the vehicle, I noticed several marks in the paint that were possible chips. They tried to get me to drive off the lot, but I didn't and they said they'll try to fix the problem.

If it turns out that they're giving me a vehicle with a defective paint job, do I have any wiggle room to get out of the lease since I haven't driven off the lot?

Comments

• Options
    carboy21carboy21 Member Posts: 760
    Get a free accessory from the dealer. Besides that I don't think there is a wiggle room. You did not inspect the car properly before buying. Then you can spoil the dealers survey , too.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Lots of people say the car isn't yours until you drive off the lot. Can't say I've ever seen any real justification for that, since you've signed a contract.

Still, there are ways to unwind deals.

Can You Return the Car You Just Bought?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,287
    stever said:

Lots of people say the car isn't yours until you drive off the lot. Can't say I've ever seen any real justification for that, since you've signed a contract.

Still, there are ways to unwind deals.

Can You Return the Car You Just Bought?

I disagree.. the contract isn't completed until you take delivery and deliver funds. (not a lawyer, but I used to watch Perry Mason, when I was in diapers).

Go look at the car... Seems doubtful that it has a bad paint job, but if you aren't happy with it, refuse delivery and tell them you won't take it. You won't have to unwind a deal that you haven't completed.

You did the right thing in refusing the delivery of a car that you weren't sure about.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator