Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2015 Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• @sireesh Congrats.. Can you please provide the dealer name and OTD price?
  • I am planning to buy CRV AWD EX or EX-L (without navigation) in a month or two. I am staying near Raleigh, NC. Can anyone provide info on the price for CRV AWD EX and EX-L in NC area?
  • steverstever Posts: 52,462
    edited October 2015
    Check out the posts last month from @rage151 (and his dealer reviews here and here). Not exactly Raleigh, but will give you a taste of what you can expect.
  • adamr1adamr1 Posts: 43
    I am waiting for the announcement of the 2016 CRVs, I would think that is any day now. Hopefully pricing on the 2015s improves once that is announced. Anybody have more info on the 2016 press release from Honda?
  • What are the best Honda dealers in Houston area? I'm trying to buy an exl model
    You can check out our Dealer Ratings and Reviews while waiting for "locals" to show up.
    2016 CRV Info released by honda. Does not look like any real changes other than adding SE trim above the LX. No android auto/apple carplay unfortunately. That will come then in the full redesign for the 2017 model year I assume.

http://www.hondanews.com/releases/
  • 2015 CRV EX AWD - Chicagoland. Received internet quote for $25,500 (incl destination and without taxes/fees). I know its beginning of the month/quarter and new model is coming soon, so I am hesitant to purchase unless I get a steal. What sale price (dest included) should I target in this situation? TMV is $26,109 and invoice is $26,038. @Stever can you help!? I will be test driving tonight, but will 100% not be purchasing.

2015 CRV EX AWD - Chicagoland. Received internet quote for $25,500 (incl destination and without taxes/fees). I know its beginning of the month/quarter and new model is coming soon, so I am hesitant to purchase unless I get a steal. What sale price (dest included) should I target in this situation? TMV is $26,109 and invoice is $26,038. @Stever can you help!? I will be test driving tonight, but will 100% not be purchasing.

lol, those are famous last words - what will you do if the dealer offers $2,000 off invoice tonight? :D

And yeah, $2,000 would be a "steal" of a deal.

Oh, if you need some additional bargaining points, in addition to the 2016s coming out, ask the salesperson on the test drive if s/he can feel the vibration at idle too. ;)

@adamr1, interesting theory, although with the VW mess, all manufacturers could be re-examining their EPA mandated tests.
    2015 AWD EPA: 26/33/28  2016 AWD EPA: 25/31/27
  • @Stever - I initially contacted dealers a few weeks ago and decided to hold off. I promise I'm just driving it and I will be patient! That being said, the $25,500 incl destination price was offered up, but I am waiting until after driving it to negotiate via email. I've been following this thread for a while, but still am unsure what price I should target with invoice being at $26K. The price I was offered is essentially the "Truecar" target price and I know I can beat that, but need to be sane about it.
  • Another thing I just noticed - the quote I was given on the EX and a quote I was previously given by this dealer for the EX-L (which I am no longer looking at) were exactly the same as what car-buying-strategies.com shows as "Dealer Cost" for these models. Not sure what to make of that...
    edited October 2015
    @adam1, is that info "just" from another forums post somewhere? Love to see a link - it's too early for us to have the official numbers for the 2016 and I don't see any news on a net search anywhere.

@bearsfan23, no one really knows what dealer cost is. Even the dealership owners may not know until they do the books.

As I recall, the Chicagoland market is kind of tough. As the month winds down, your selection may wind down too, although you can kind of keep track of that by following the inventory here or on the dealer web sites.
    @stever That EPA info I posted is from the official honda release, link below.  I got the 2015 EPA data from Hondas website that shows the 2015 specs.   http://www.hondanews.com/releases/2016-honda-cr-v-pricing-and-epa-data
    Well sure, go to the source. :D We didn't note that in our blurb about the 2016s that just came out today.

Two mpg combined isn't huge but it's interesting to see those specs go backward.

Thanks!
  • Looking for a 15 CR-V EX-L here in North Carolina. The first quote received was for 27,700.00, plus TTF. I am thinking that this fairly high for a 2015, thoughts? I am going to find the Costco dealer tomorrow...
    TMV is $27,977 for a NC zip code (assuming you're shopping an AWD). So the first quote is a bit average, but still a few bucks under invoice.
  • maryhadmaryhad Posts: 1
    edited October 2015
    Hi Everyone,

I am looking to buy my first Honda CR-V EX AWD (White Diamond Pearl) in Long Island (NYC). Dealer is offering me the below. Should I take it? Any opinions/advice would me very appreciated.

Invoice - $26048

Price (incl Destination): $25,400
    Tax (8.62%): $2190.75
    Dealer fee: $75.00
    Other NY DMV fees: $22.50

Total OTD = $27,688.25
  • travtvotravtvo Wichita, KSPosts: 5
    Hi,

I am looking to purchase a new Honda CR-V, preferably the EX AWD model in Wichita, KS. When I went to the dealership, the sticker price was $27,675. Before that, I went on Edmunds to research on the invoice price, and noted that the invoice price is around $25,500. I did some calculations, with taxes (7.5%) and everything added, should come around $28,700 for the OTD price. What price should I offer to the dealership so I can get a good deal? Any advice, recommendation, opinions would be much appreciated !
    maryhad said:

Hi Everyone,

I am looking to buy my first Honda CR-V EX AWD (White Diamond Pearl) in Long Island (NYC). Dealer is offering me the below. Should I take it?

Check out these recent "Long Island" posts here and here.
    edited October 2015
    travtvo said:

Hi,

I am looking to purchase a new Honda CR-V, preferably the EX AWD model in Wichita, KS. When I went to the dealership, the sticker price was $27,675. Before that, I went on Edmunds to research on the invoice price, and noted that the invoice price is around $25,500. I did some calculations, with taxes (7.5%) and everything added, should come around $28,700 for the OTD price. What price should I offer to the dealership so I can get a good deal? Any advice, recommendation, opinions would be much appreciated !

No idea on your market there in Kansas but I'd whack $1,500 off invoice and figure the OTD price from there. Or let the dealer move first and ask for some OTD quotes.

btw, I come up with $26,031 invoice for an EX AWD - that number includes the destination.

stever said:

travtvo said:

Hi,

No idea on your market there in Kansas but I'd whack $1,500 off invoice and figure the OTD price from there. Or let the dealer move first and ask for some OTD quotes.

btw, I come up with $26,031 invoice for an EX AWD - that number includes the destination.

The invoice price I mentioned above does not include the destination fee. So $25,500 + $880 should be around $26,380. I was a couple of hundred dollars off, haha.

So since the invoice is around $26,031 (including destination fees) and if I take $1,500 off, I would get around $24,531. With some more calculations with taxes, and everything. I should get around $26,770 for the OTD price.

I will email the dealership and keep everyone updated on here! Thank you !

That sounds like a good starting point and maybe a dealer or two will counter close to your target. Good luck!
  • ms_martinezms_martinez Posts: 3
    edited October 2015
    Hello all! I am in California. I am new here and would like some advice on purchasing a 2015 CR-V. I am a young 30 year old woman and want to go in there educated and get the best deal. What advice can you offer?

I am currently just researching prices. My local Honda has offered me a 2015 LX for $21,791. I believe the online price was about $24,000. I plan on purchasing within 3 months. I understand I have challenged credit so I am getting a solid down payment together. Also, I have a 2008 VW Beetle to trade that I still owe on.

Thanks in advance!
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 113,545

Hello all! I am in California. I am new here and would like some advice on purchasing a 2015 CR-V. I am a young 30 year old woman and want to go in there educated and get the best deal. What advice can you offer?

I am currently just researching prices. My local Honda has offered me a 2015 LX for $21,791. I believe the online price was about $24,000. I plan on purchasing within 3 months. I understand I have challenged credit so I am getting a solid down payment together. Also, I have a 2008 VW Beetle to trade that I still owe on.

Thanks in advance!

The best advice I can give you is to collect as much information about the transaction as you can ... price for the new vehicle, the value of your trade in, and how much you owe on it. That way, the dealer won't be able to manipulate the numbers to their advantage.

I would also suggest you work to get pre-qualified for a loan.

Be advised, the 2015 CR-V's are becoming scarce. If you wait any longer, you may not be able to find the trim level or color you want.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Michaell said:
    Hello all! I am in California. I am new here and would like some advice on purchasing a 2015 CR-V. I am a young 30 year old woman and want to go in there educated and get the best deal. What advice can you offer? I am currently just researching prices. My local Honda has offered me a 2015 LX for $21,791. I believe the online price was about $24,000. I plan on purchasing within 3 months. I understand I have challenged credit so I am getting a solid down payment together. Also, I have a 2008 VW Beetle to trade that I still owe on. Thanks in advance!
    The best advice I can give you is to collect as much information about the transaction as you can ... price for the new vehicle, the value of your trade in, and how much you owe on it. That way, the dealer won't be able to manipulate the numbers to their advantage. I would also suggest you work to get pre-qualified for a loan. Be advised, the 2015 CR-V's are becoming scarce. If you wait any longer, you may not be able to find the trim level or color you want.
    Thank you for the help! 
  • Michaell said:
    Hello all! I am in California. I am new here and would like some advice on purchasing a 2015 CR-V. I am a young 30 year old woman and want to go in there educated and get the best deal. What advice can you offer? I am currently just researching prices. My local Honda has offered me a 2015 LX for $21,791. I believe the online price was about $24,000. I plan on purchasing within 3 months. I understand I have challenged credit so I am getting a solid down payment together. Also, I have a 2008 VW Beetle to trade that I still owe on. Thanks in advance!
    The best advice I can give you is to collect as much information about the transaction as you can ... price for the new vehicle, the value of your trade in, and how much you owe on it. That way, the dealer won't be able to manipulate the numbers to their advantage. I would also suggest you work to get pre-qualified for a loan. Be advised, the 2015 CR-V's are becoming scarce. If you wait any longer, you may not be able to find the trim level or color you want.
    Where is the best place to look to pre qualify? Any banks? 
    stever said:

That sounds like a good starting point and maybe a dealer or two will counter close to your target. Good luck!

So I emailed around a couple of dealerships around my state since there is only one dealership in my city (Wichita, KS), and most of the time, their prices are overpriced. A dealership in Kansas City (three hours away from my area) emailed me back with a price of $25,500 before taxes and all the fees. I contacted a dealership in Hutchinson (which is around 1 hour from where I live), and they said they would match that price.

What should I do? Should I wait for the dealership in my area to lower their price when the 2016 CR-Vs start coming in? The price that I received is still $1000 above the price I came up with.

Any recommendation or advice would be much appreciated !