Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2016 XLT Explorer. 34k including tax. 36month lease. Residual 57. Money factor 1.25%. No money down

jason2tpajason2tpa Member Posts: 8
edited October 2015 in Ford

Answers

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343
    jason2tpa said:

Goood deal?

What is the MSRP?

What is the state/tax rate?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    35,510 with 2,675 in discounts. Given the total balance of $33,938 after all taxes and fees. And I believe this is priced at 10k in annual miles
  • Options
    Florida sales tax is 6%
  • Options
    jason2tpa said:

35,510 with 2,675 in discounts. Given the total balance of $33,938 after all taxes and fees. And I believe this is priced at 10k in annual miles

I show the money factor at 0.25%, not 1.25% APR.

Also, Florida taxes the monthly payment, so tax really shouldn't be part of the CAP cost. It's the payment that gets taxed. Also, watch out for "fees", especially in Florida. Dealers there like to tack on $700-$800 for nothing..

So..what is the payment quoted and how much due at signing?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Can you view this doc?

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,354
    jason2tpa said:

Can you view this doc?

Yes, I see the document. What I also see are the marked up MF (1.25% vs .25% from Ford).

When I use $35,510 as the MSRP, $33,939 as the net cap cost, .25% MF and 57% residual, I get a payment of $409/mo with 6% tax for 36 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    So what's the most common MF for this vehicle ballpark? I know it's negotiable, but .25% is that more common than 1.25%? And yes, this quote is based on 10k miles/year. I would be getting 15k and possibly paying extra a month for a few thousand more miles a year. Do you recommend prepaying for these miles and gambling you use the miles you pay or pay the fee at the end of the lease?
  • Options
    jason2tpa said:

So what's the most common MF for this vehicle ballpark? I know it's negotiable, but .25% is that more common than 1.25%? And yes, this quote is based on 10k miles/year. I would be getting 15k and possibly paying extra a month for a few thousand more miles a year. Do you recommend prepaying for these miles and gambling you use the miles you pay or pay the fee at the end of the lease?

0.25% APR is the base rate. We don't know if it's common, just that it's marked up.

Miles are cheaper if you take the higher allowance. Plus, if you drive a little more, you won't think about how every little trip is taking money out of your pocket.

On a 36/15 lease, the extra 15000 miles is $1050 over the life of the lease (compared to 36/10). That's only $0.07 per mile.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Sorry Im confused now. You say the MF is marked up. But marked up from what since there is no common?  Unless I overlooked, how do you know by looking at the document the base rate is 0.25%
  • Options
    jason2tpa said:

Sorry Im confused now. You say the MF is marked up. But marked up from what since there is no common?  Unless I overlooked, how do you know by looking at the document the base rate is 0.25%

.25% is the base rate, which is the one you should be working to have used in your deal. Anything higher simply represents profit for the dealer.

We have access to information that isn't public, so we know what the base rate is.

Tell the dealer - politely but firmly - that you won't sign a deal with a marked up MF. They know the base rate; no need for you to negotiate it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    allanvballanvb Member Posts: 3
    Help. I too am going to lease a new Ford Explorer XLT locally. The MSRP is 44600 with a 2100 X Plan discount and a $250 rebate. Trade equity of $2400. What would my payment be for 36 months 15k per year. Every dealer I talk to tell me something different and says they are giving me buy rate on the money. Can you give me a payment. No sales tax in Oregon. Thanks
  • Options
    allanvb said:

Help. I too am going to lease a new Ford Explorer XLT locally. The MSRP is 44600 with a 2100 X Plan discount and a $250 rebate. Trade equity of $2400. What would my payment be for 36 months 15k per year. Every dealer I talk to tell me something different and says they are giving me buy rate on the money. Can you give me a payment. No sales tax in Oregon. Thanks

Need to know the net cap cost ... I would think you could negotiate a lower selling price than what X-plan gives you.

How are you applying the trade equity? Up front costs such as bank fee, dealer fee and first payment?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    edited November 2015
    0 money out of pocket. I was told .5 as the rate factor. no security deposit. They will not go below X Plan... because of availability.... Thinking about waiting till after 1st of year, but am worried about interest rates going up.. thoughts?
  • Options
    allanvb said:

0 money out of pocket. I was told .5 as the rate factor. no security deposit. They will not go below X Plan... because of availability.... Thinking about waiting till after 1st of year, but am worried about interest rates going up.. thoughts?

Can't predict what will happen to the numbers going forward .. I suppose it depends on how well Ford can sell Explorers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    do you know what the buy rate is from ford for 36 month lease rate. Also would like to know Residual percentage?
    Thanks
  • Options
    allanvb said:

do you know what the buy rate is from ford for 36 month lease rate. Also would like to know Residual percentage?
    Thanks

36/15 residual is 54% for the XLT. APR is .50% and there is $250 lease cash available.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

This discussion has been closed.