Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Buick LaCrosse multiple warning lights on dash

lacrosse2013lacrosse2013 Member Posts: 4
edited July 2014 in Buick
Hi,

We recently traveled from TX to FL (summer vacation). Our first long trip with the car we purchased late Dec/12. Prior to vacation we brought the car in to be serviced. This was an opportunity for the dealer to check a couple of continuous problems. The Service Suspension warning as well as the check engine light have come on at least ten times since we purchased the car. In spite of many efforts by the dealer to resolve the problem they still come on.

During our travels we had an assortment of warnings (Service Suspension System, Check Engine, Service Parking Assist, Low Tire Pressure). All these lights coming on was somewhere between funny and well kind of sad since my wife likes the vehicle.

We are very unhappy with these lights and warnings coming on all (I do mean ALL) the time. It makes us doubt the quality of the vehicle, our safety in the vehicle, ... At this point neither of us is sure what to do with the vehicle.

Is anyone else seeing these problems? What have you done to resolve them? The dealer thinks they have found a misfiring piston problem that will resolve the check engine light but we have four warning lights coming on with little if any resolution to the problems.

Regards,

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Hello lacrosse2013,

I am sorry for the multiple lights displaying on your vehicle. I understand how this can be frustrating to deal with and also a concern for a vehicle part failure. I see you are working with your dealership towards resolving these concerns. Please let us know if you want to work with us throughout this process. We would love for the opportunity to further discuss your situation. We can be contacted via email at socialmedia(at)gm.com.

Regards,

Laura M.
    GM Customer Care
  • lacrosse2013lacrosse2013 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Laura,

Lets see what happens after this visit to the dealer. If the light / lights come back on I will absolutely be in touch.

Regards,
  • lacrossesoakedlacrossesoaked Member Posts: 87

'05 Lacrosse: The "low washer fluid" alert is displaying. The fluid tank is full. The manual says to hit any of the DIC buttons to clear the alert. This works until the next time the car is started, then the same display. I'm thinking about disconnecting/reconnecting the battery to see if that resets it. Any suggestions? Thanks.

• lacrossesoakedlacrossesoaked Member Posts: 87

I drained the fluid reservoir using plastic tubing/hose. Kinda worked the end of the hose around both going in/out in the event "something" was hung-up in there. Also, with the reservoir full and hose at the bottom of the tank, blew bubbles trying to dislodge whatever. Apparently these hi-tech procedures fixed the problem; "low washer fluid" alert no longer displaying AND the washer works. crazy.

• lacrosse2013lacrosse2013 Member Posts: 4
    Hi GM Customer Care,

This problem continues, it is less frequent, and I'm really not sure what to do. We are well over a year with this problem. Its a good car but this never goes away....

The dealer continues to find no issue / problem. Just to be clear no problems with the dealership... I think they are tired of seeing us (I don't blame them). I know we are tired of driving the car to them.

I think you have my email address from the last time. I'll copy and paste parts of this conversation and email them to your address above. We are well over a year with this problem. What are the next steps?
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252

Hi GM Customer Care,

This problem continues, it is less frequent, and I'm really not sure what to do. We are well over a year with this problem. Its a good car but this never goes away....

The dealer continues to find no issue / problem. Just to be clear no problems with the dealership... I think they are tired of seeing us (I don't blame them). I know we are tired of driving the car to them.

I think you have my email address from the last time. I'll copy and paste parts of this conversation and email them to your address above. We are well over a year with this problem. What are the next steps?

Hi there,

We certainly recognize your frustrations with this issue, lacrosse2013. Can you please private message us your VIN, mileage, contact information and dealership name so we can look further into your concerns? If you'd prefer to communicate via email, please send the requested information along with your screen name to socialmedia@gm.com.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care

• samanthak26samanthak26 Member Posts: 1
    I am having very similar issues with my 2010 Lacrosse but in addition to multiple warning lights or dashboard warnings, each warning drains the battery and my car won't start. Mechanics can not find what is causing my issues.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    My two wild guesses for multiple warning light problems are a) charging system irregularities and b) a defect in the PCM or its wiring harness.
  • dave03886dave03886 Member Posts: 2
    My lacrosse has more warning lights on you'd think it is a christmas tree, CEL for evap leak 3 times fixed in 3 years. ABS and Trac, replaced wheel bearing and sensor after repaired wiring twice, The air bag light comes on about 1 out of 3 times I drive it, Tire pressure light comes on everytime I drive it and all pressures are 30 LBS. My dealer charged me $250 for changing a headlight bulb so I'm not bringing it back to them for anything.
  • nick_beccianick_beccia Member Posts: 1
    I to own a Buick Lacrosse and I do love my car. It's a 2010 and I'm having the same problems. When it was under warranty I told them of the problem and they could not recreate the problem. I told them it will happen again and if its out of warranty I still want it fixed for free. I need to take it back soon, its happening more and more each day. Any advise?
  • lacrosse10lacrosse10 Member Posts: 1
    I am also an owner of the 2010 LaCrosse. I have had this vehicle to be serviced so many times due to dashboard warning lights. Service engine, stabilatrack, low tire pressure, ABS, service parking assist and to find no solutions. It has a big cloud of smoke that releases from my tailpipes that they have never found a solution to.

I tried and tried before the warranty expired but as of last year my warranty is gone. I have 4 lights on right now. I thought this was a well put together car but I've been very disappointed. The engine has even shut down on me several times while driving it. It's a beautiful car in presentation but a headache mechanically. 
  • I have a 2010 Buick that is currently have the same problems as above. It started with just the lights and now it randomly decelerates and drops to low gear on it's own delaying acceleration. Did the previous posts have any luck correcting the problem?
  • spitfire1958spitfire1958 Member Posts: 1
    Having same issue on my 2005 Buick LaCrosse. What is the fix for this problem?
  • kathikathi Member Posts: 5
    Prior to my car stopping dead in the middle of the road due to the serpentine belt breaking,.. the dashboard lit up for a few minutes while hoping and praying we could get the car home. Instead it died. Maybe that's your problem? Mine broke due to a bracket breaking but I think it could be too loose, etc., from what I hear could happen with this belt.

Hi,

We recently traveled from TX to FL (summer vacation). Our first long trip with the car we purchased late Dec/12. Prior to vacation we brought the car in to be serviced. This was an opportunity for the dealer to check a couple of continuous problems. The Service Suspension warning as well as the check engine light have come on at least ten times since we purchased the car. In spite of many efforts by the dealer to resolve the problem they still come on.

During our travels we had an assortment of warnings (Service Suspension System, Check Engine, Service Parking Assist, Low Tire Pressure). All these lights coming on was somewhere between funny and well kind of sad since my wife likes the vehicle.

We are very unhappy with these lights and warnings coming on all (I do mean ALL) the time. It makes us doubt the quality of the vehicle, our safety in the vehicle, ... At this point neither of us is sure what to do with the vehicle.

Is anyone else seeing these problems? What have you done to resolve them? The dealer thinks they have found a misfiring piston problem that will resolve the check engine light but we have four warning lights coming on with little if any resolution to the problems.

Regards,

• kathikathi Member Posts: 5
    I meant to say above that the serpentine belt broke (due to a bracket breaking - somehow...). I was told that could cause all the lights to go off and effectively really mess up the car even if it needs adjusted and the car was not brought in to fix it ASAP - assuming that the car doesn't die before you can do that (like mine did).