Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

End of Lease Incentive of $6K to buy off car

ba_musketba_musket Member Posts: 28
edited February 2016 in Nissan
My lease of 3 years will end in July 2016 and I am getting this offer in the mail from Nissan.
My lease terms: (2013 basic Leaf with super charge option)
- 36 months
- 15K per year (currently @40K miles)
- zero down @ $265 per month
- residual is ~15K at end of lease

So that would put the buy off price of ~9K for this Leaf at end of lease.
I talked to the dealership and were basically told that the residual value of the car and offer of $6K will be honored but very much casting in stone - no room to negotiate.

I am curious if any Leaf drivers out there with similar offer now or before who can share their experience and ultimately decision? This car has been perfect commuter for me (60 miles round trip + HOV sticker). I worry about the battery life though after nearly 3 years it still hold ~80+ miles at full charge.

Thanks.

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,042
    ba_musket said:

My lease of 3 years will end in July 2016 and I am getting this offer in the mail from Nissan.
    My lease terms: (2013 basic Leaf with super charge option)
    - 36 months
    - 15K per year (currently @40K miles)
    - zero down @ $265 per month
    - residual is ~15K at end of lease

So that would put the buy off price of ~9K for this Leaf at end of lease.
    I talked to the dealership and were basically told that the residual value of the car and offer of $6K will be honored but very much casting in stone - no room to negotiate.

I am curious if any Leaf drivers out there with similar offer now or before who can share their experience and ultimately decision? This car has been perfect commuter for me (60 miles round trip + HOV sticker). I worry about the battery life though after nearly 3 years it still hold ~80+ miles at full charge.

Thanks.

The fact that you are getting any sort of discount from the residual value is pretty unique. Not too many manufacturers are not willing or able to negotiate the buyout price of a lease.

I've no specific knowledge of this program, however.

Try contacting several Nissan dealers in your area and see if you get a consistent story.

Is the promotion from Nissan or NMAC?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• ba_musketba_musket Member Posts: 28
    I got a flyer in the mail with Nissan Lease Customer Network # to call,etc. It's hard to tell whether it's Nissan or NMAC. I'm in Northern California btw.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,042
    ba_musket said:

I got a flyer in the mail with Nissan Lease Customer Network # to call,etc. It's hard to tell whether it's Nissan or NMAC. I'm in Northern California btw.

I'd be wary of this. Call NMAC directly and see what they say about your flyer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481

NMAC Customer Service
    7:00 AM to 7:00 PM, Central Time
    Monday – Friday