Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Lease good?

albert096albert096 Member Posts: 8
edited April 2016 in Honda
I currently have a 2013 dodge dart rallye turbo and owe 16200 mines 1600 for a refundable warranty from carmax. I don't want to be underwater in 3 or so years (I won't keep it 6 years). Kbb trade in is around 11k. Honda is offering me a 2016 civic ex t lease 22,300$ car 15k miles a year X 36 750$ down 340$ a month. Including taking care of my dodge, is this a good deal?

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,266
    albert096 said:

I currently have a 2013 dodge dart rallye turbo and owe 16200 mines 1600 for a refundable warranty from carmax. I don't want to be underwater in 3 or so years (I won't keep it 6 years). Kbb trade in is around 11k.
    Honda is offering me a 2016 civic ex t lease
    22,300$ car
    15k miles a year X 36
    750$ down
    340$ a month. Including taking care of my dodge, is this a good deal?

Sounds like a lot for a Civic. You are $5K under water on the Dart now? Just keep making payments until you aren't.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    I want too but the dodge is 72 months at 11 percent Interest. Not the best deal
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,337
    albert096 said:

I want too but the dodge is 72 months at 11 percent Interest. Not the best deal

Is it possible for you to refinance the current loan to get a lower interest rate and also to lower your payment?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    No lenders will approve me, somehow carmax did and dealers will lease. I tried lending tree, capital one and chase. No luck. My car is about 3k underwater now
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,266
    albert096 said:

No lenders will approve me, somehow carmax did and dealers will lease. I tried lending tree, capital one and chase. No luck. My car is about 3k underwater now

You can't trade your way out of that.. keep making the payments.

Or, find a relative that is earning 2% on a CD, and offer them 6%.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    If honda was offering me the 340 a month with 1200$ down on a 36 month lease 15k miles a year with wrapping my negative equity is that good? 
    It's a 2016 honda civic ex t-
  • Options
    albert096 said:

If honda was offering me the 340 a month with 1200$ down on a 36 month lease 15k miles a year with wrapping my negative equity is that good? 
    It's a 2016 honda civic ex t-

.00083 and 62% for EX-T.

Would need to know the MSRP, adjusted cap cost, breakdown of the $1200, state and tax rate and the details behind the negative equity to comment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    The msrp is 23,035 and my trade by kbb is roughly 11k I owe 14500k, NJ state tax is 7% I don't know the adjusted cap
  • Options
    albert096 said:

The msrp is 23,035 and my trade by kbb is roughly 11k I owe 14500k, NJ state tax is 7% I don't know the adjusted cap

Ask the dealer; they should be able to tell you.

If they can't (or won't), then it's time to find another dealer that is more transparent.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

albert096 said:

Ask the dealer; they should be able to tell you.

If they can't (or won't), then it's time to find another dealer that is more transparent.
    One more thing - the negative equity you have is adding almost $100/mo to the payment. Why are you wanting out of your current car?

It may be best to wait and narrow the gap on the negative equity.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    The car that I have now the dodge dart. I am unsure of its reliability and depreciation. Not being able to refinance and having a 72 month loan term, down the road with 15k miles a year I don't want to be underwater majorly. It was my first adult car decision and got me to the point that lenders view me serious
  • Options
    albert096 said:

The car that I have now the dodge dart. I am unsure of its reliability and depreciation. Not being able to refinance and having a 72 month loan term, down the road with 15k miles a year I don't want to be underwater majorly. It was my first adult car decision and got me to the point that lenders view me serious

The longer you hold on to it, the less upside down you will be. I doubt that it is so unreliable that it will leave you stranded.

My .02, it's your money.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator