Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2016 Sienna Prices Paid

vakilkpvakilkp Member Posts: 5
edited May 2016 in Toyota
In case useful for some:

Purchased in Anaheim, CA on 5/9/2016

2016 Toyota Sienna XLE w Navigation Package
Silver Sky exterior
Total MSRP:: $37,355
Customer Discount: $4,366
Price: 32,989.00

Total Paid (tag, tax (8%), title): $36,067.27

Financed with the dealer at 0% APR instead of applying the $1,000 cash rebate.

Dealer offered platinum warranty coverage for ~ $1,900 (8 years/100K miles) but rejected it.

Any thoughts on clear bra exterior and interior spray? They asked $484 for it and comes with 7 year warranty. Said no.

Comments

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited May 2016
    Congrats!

I would have turned down the warranty, bra and spray too. If you are worried about the interior, a can of Scotchgard may do the trick, although I've seen mixed reviews.

The clear bra stuff is interesting. It does a good job of protecting the area behind the wheels for example - lots of cars already come with some installed in those spots. But it's pricey (mudflaps do the trick too) and your $484 quote may mean that the dealer was cheapening out on the brand.

If you want to compare your selling price to TMV, here's the link. I'm not up on my Siennas so it's hard for me to tell exactly what you got, FWD, premium, etc.
  • Options
    samnorcalsamnorcal Member Posts: 23
    Hi Vakilkp and Stever - thanks for sharing this information. I am in the market for the exact same vehicle with Blizzard Pearl color. I am wondering how did you get your price to be $32,989 since neither Costco or TrueCar gets anywhere close.

I am in 95630 zip code but willing to travel if the delta is as big as $3k.

Kindly advise on how to go about getting this price. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Use my link in the post above yours to Build and Price your Sienna. Plugging in your local zip code will dial in the True Market Average paid in your area.

Once you get the TMV number, use that for your target price to beat. Or add in your taxes and fees to TMV to get an out the door price to negotiate against.

Then either go to Costco or our Price Promise or use the dealer quote links to get "real" numbers. You'll be able to tell pretty fast if the quotes are competitive or not.
  • Options
    @ Stever - Thanks. XLE FWD with Navigation package. Leather car seats so unsure if scotchgard would work. Any suggestions on sprays for leather?

@samnorcal - happy to give you the dealer info if you wish. Blizzard Pearl was going to be $350 extra. Let me know. Btw for full disclosure the dealer did promise a $100 gift card for any referrals but that was not the reason of my post.
  • Options
    Oh, for leather look at the reviews for Lexol. That's what I used for the last car I had that had leather, but it's been a couple of years.

Looks like you snagged your deal for $1,500 below invoice. Nice going.
  • Options
    Thanks @stever! I did look at that and priced it. The TMV, Costco, TrueCar quotes are way off that what i see here. Any tips on how to secure $1500 below invoice.

@vakilkp: Thanks! Yes, i realize that Blizzard Pearl has an addition $352 but I am not seeing this pricing through the usual channels but i admit i haven't discussed this at length for negotiation. I feel it is best to be armed with this information before entering the negotiation phase.

At your price, i would rather work with your dealer and be happy to buy the minivan from the dealer. I will continue to do a little more research. $100 referral is so much justified for the overall savings... :) Let me know your dealer info and any referral code so when i contact them, they know you sent me.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    samnorcal said:

Thanks @stever! I did look at that and priced it. The TMV, Costco, TrueCar quotes are way off that what i see here. Any tips on how to secure $1500 below invoice.

TMV shouldn't be way off - those numbers are based on actual transactions in your area and are updated frequently. We typically tell people to try to beat TMV since it's an average. I guess you mean it's way off from other deals posted here, and that would be true, since the educated shoppers here can generally beat TMV.

You're about a 6 to 7 hour drive to LA. I'd want to be pretty sure that it's a done deal before driving down there. VIN, stuff in writing, etc. Flying is an option, but by the time you get through security at both ends, your day may be longer than 7 hours. :'(

I don't really know the Cali market very well. It seems like prices in the Bay Area are higher than LA, and LA usually doesn't seem all that great. $1,500 off invoice may not be doable in your zip but I'd still press for a bit under TMV. I dunno, Fresno is another big city, maybe get some quotes there?

Try a Price Promise too. Never know what's going to click.

Otherwise, hold out until the Memorial Day sales and hope that some dealer really needs to make a sale to make quota.

Oh, please take the referral fee business to PM - you can message other members at their Profile page, which you can get to by clicking on their member name. Thanks!

• Options
    @stever I appreciate the guidance and feedback. I do realize the pain associated with going down to So Cal to pick up a vehicle. I hope I can have a Nor Cal dealer do a competitive price. Will keep trying.
  • Options
    @samnorcal no referral codes was just mentioning it for full disclosure. I have sent you the info on the dealer. My friend bought the same from the same dealer at the same price but grey color. I had emailed two dozen dealers and three had come close to that price. One was $60 higher. So I suggest you still look around to avoid the long trip. Let me know if you have any questions.
  • Options
    Update: i was able to get a 2016 Sienna XLE Premium in Blizzard Pearl (options include floor mats and door sill protector package, not PIO) for $37916 OTD. I had phoned/emailed about 12 dealers in and around my area and 3 came close to $38K OTD. Picked it from the closest dealer who matched the price. Didn't want remote start and low jack but the got it for no additional cost. About $2000 below invoice ($4300 below MSRP before taxes) and may be more considering 2 additions.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Sweet, love the Blizzard Pearl.

Congrats!

Oh, do you have a feel for whether you got better quotes via your phone calls or by email or did that not make any difference?
  • Options
    rich_newbrich_newb Member Posts: 1
    samnorcal said:

Update: i was able to get a 2016 Sienna XLE Premium in Blizzard Pearl (options include floor mats and door sill protector package, not PIO) for $37916 OTD. I had phoned/emailed about 12 dealers in and around my area and 3 came close to $38K OTD. Picked it from the closest dealer who matched the price. Didn't want remote start and low jack but the got it for no additional cost. About $2000 below invoice ($4300 below MSRP before taxes) and may be more considering 2 additions.

Hi Sam,
    Did the price you got include the -$1000 rebate or you used Toyota 0% financing? I assume that you used 0% financing and did not get the rebate as part of your deal. I am in the market looking for a Sienna and would appreciate if you can help me out with this information.
    Thanks.

Rich
  • Options
    oghowieoghowie Member Posts: 60
    I've already gotten $38,117 on a Sienna Limited with a MSRP of $43,315 in SoCal and this was just from my first email so there's definitely a little more discount to be had.
  • Options
    ckoolckool Member Posts: 86
    edited June 2016
    Hi @vakilkp

thanks for sharing ur buying detail. would u mind to share your dealership info. I'm in the market to purchase a mini van

thanks
    CK
  • Options
    @stever - yup family love the minivan and blizzard pearl more... :smile: i feel a combination of phone/email works better to position yourself as a potential buyer who is serious about making the purchase. When i simply emailed/requested quotes online, it did not yield better results.

I timed the purchase at the end of the month and being specific about the vehicle (tracked their VINs, how long on the lot) to influence the negotiation and promised to give them a 10/10 on their CSI surveys given all goes well. And it did and was able to get in and out of the dealership in ~ 1.0hr.

I recommend calling the dealers (who have the car you want) and then following up via email. That strategy worked!
  • Options
    @rich_newb: my OTD included the $1000 rebate as i got my own financing and plan to pay sooner than my term. depending upon the dealer targets, geo difference, time of the week/month, quota etc... you can definitely score a better deal. Best wishes on the purchase!
  • Options
    oghowie said:

I've already gotten $38,117 on a Sienna Limited with a MSRP of $43,315 in SoCal and this was just from my first email so there's definitely a little more discount to be had.

Just curious if this is OTD or before sales tax/registration/DMV fees..
  • Options
    siennaxle2016siennaxle2016 Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for the information guys.

I am planning to buy a 2016 FWD Sienna XLE with Navigation too.

So far I only contact longo toyota thru email and I got a quote of

FWD Sienna XLE
    MSRP $37,540
    Your Price $33,988 + 10% TAX = $37400

For an 2016 Sienna XLE (NO Navigation)

That was some crappy quote comparing to vakilkp's purchase price.

My target price is $36000 for 2016 FWD Sienna XLE with Navigation.

I am close to annaheim,ca.

May I also have your dealer info?

Thanks!!!

• Options
    binodbinod Member Posts: 4
    Purchased Toyota Sienna XLE with Navigation for $33960 OTD in GA.

2016 Toyota Sienna XLE w Navigation Package FWD
    Gray Mica exterior
    Total MSRP:: $37,742
    Customer Discount: $5,142
    Price Paid: 32,600.00
    Package Includes: Carpet Mats, Clear Paint Protection - Door Package, Phone Charger

Total Paid (tag, tax (3%), title): $33,960

Financed with the dealer at 0% APR instead of applying the $1,000 cash rebate.

Is it a good deal?

• Options
    Unless I spec'd it out wrong, I get invoice of $36,145, MSRP of $39,235 and TMV of $35,390.

So it sounds like your selling price is around $3,500 under invoice. Sounds great.

Congrats!

• Options
    @ckung Miller Toyota in Anaheim.
  • Options
    lovesienna1lovesienna1 Member Posts: 1
    Paid OTD $32245 for LE 2016. body side moldings and all weather mats included. I am in Roanoke, Virginia. Gray color. Love the van. Is it a good deal?
  • Options
    Hard to say without knowing the selling price. OTD means you have taxes and fees in there and that stuff varies from state to state and even city to city for taxes.

You can spec it out here and dial in the color and your zip code and options and find out what the invoice is and what the True Market Value average is for Roanoke. The idea is to meet or beat TMV for the selling price of the van, and not pay too much in dealer fees.
  • Options
    fighton78fighton78 Member Posts: 1
    Got a 2016 Sienna XLE with Navigation package from South Coast Toyota for $31,355 (includes $1,500 cash back) before taxes and fees.
  • Options
    Sweet, congrats!
  • Options
    b2bhellob2bhello Member Posts: 4
    Hi Steve, do you know the MF and Residual for a 2016 Sienna SE in Southern CA? If so, what would the payments look like on a 36 mo/ 15k miles per year? Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Looks like you found the leasing discussion so I'll let @Michaell or @kyfdx help you there.