Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Water leaking through floor of Pontiac G6?

sunaku89sunaku89 Member Posts: 1
edited July 2016 in Pontiac
I have a 2008 Pontiac G6 (No sunroof) and currently having problems where water is leaking through the Driver side and Passenger side floor boards. I can press my feet into the floor board after driving in the rain and water will cover my toes This problem did not start until we had a Cracked radiator thanks to a hidden cement block and the insurance company fixed it at a GM dealer. They did not Replace the under shield (I'm guessing it is) in saying the car did not need it.

Is it possible that the under shield was keeping the water out? If not what could be making the water go into the car like that.

Comments

• gonogogonogo Member Posts: 879
    If the under shielding was not needed, the factory would have not installed it.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Hello,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing a water leakage on your car floor. I would like to further discuss this concern with you and work towards a resolution. If you would like our assistance, please reach out via Email to socialmedia(at)gm.com.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    GM Customer Care
  • francklfranckl Member Posts: 4
    There is a washer under the driver mat
    It gets dry with age and allow water to come in when you drive through rain it took me 3 hours to find this . No leak was ciming from above
    Check the picture , i have a rav 4
    I directed water from a hose and I could see the water coming . Hope this help
    Get this washer change if you find the code number for that piece .
    Hope this help
  • francklfranckl Member Posts: 4
    I water this washer from under the car btw...
  • eparker469eparker469 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2003 Saturn Vue with a sunroof. Last weekend I went to the beach and it rained the way back and my roof inside the car started to leak right by the plastic piece that is next to my windshield and where it meets my interior. I determined my sunroof isn't sealed right and have a towel holding the glass up right. It still leaks well it dried up once it quit raining and then today it rained all day and while I was at work I left and my whole roof up by my visors is soaked and my floor is too and I think it dripped and that's why the floor is wet but I want to know how to fix the leak. Idk if it's really coming from the sunroof or what but it's quite scary to know you can't drive in the rain cause you'll get rained on. Please help idk what to do
  • ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655

Many times its the sunroof drains that create the leak condition. I would Guess there are 4 of them and they may be clogged

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481

Could be from your sunroof drains--you can locate those when you retract the sunroof--they are holes in the front and rear of each rail that the sunroof rides in. If you take a piece of tubing, like aquarium tubing or windshield washer hose, you can slip it in the hole and blow into it. Do NOT insert any stiff wire, as you may dislodge the rubber hoses in the headliner, and then you'll have a bigger job to contend with.

You can check to see if your drains are working by dripping a little water into them--you should see the water run out under the car, by the front and rear wheels.

• gonogogonogo Member Posts: 879

The tubes become disconnected, google and get repair information.

• djobesindydjobesindy Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2009.5 pontiac g6 without a sunroof. Any time it rains i get a flooded driver side, i only have 74k miles on it and am the original owner. Is there anything i can do about this, pretty crappy i paid 18k for a footspa that drives.
  • sierrarenee_93sierrarenee_93 Member Posts: 2
    I have 2006 Pontiac g6 gtp and the drivers front and back floor boards are constantly sopping wet even if it hasn't rained. How do I fix this?
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Since you say it happens even if it hasn't rained, it could be a plugged up AC evaporator drain line. When you run the AC, the moisture condenses and is supposed to run out the drain line. If the line is clogged, the water backs up and spills out. You can find plenty of online videos about fixing this. Here are a couple of examples. Even if you don't want to tackle this yourself, you can at least let whoever you take it to know what you think the issue is
    https://diy-auto-repair.wonderhowto.com/how-to/clean-your-ac-drain-if-water-is-spilling-into-your-car-382672/
    https://vehicle-maintenance.wonderhowto.com/how-to/clean-a-c-drain-your-car-with-ballpoint-pen-403578/