Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2016 Mazda Lease payment question

magnumekmagnumek Member Posts: 53
edited May 2016 in Mazda
Hello. I am interested in leasing the Mazda 6. The best offer that I got from a dealer for Mazda 6 Touring with Moonroof/Bose Package and Touring Technology Package for $299/mo (incl. NY tax) for 36mo and 12k miles. MSRP is $29.085. Is it good or should I negotiate some more?
Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    Okay.
    I am wondering about one thing, Mazda has a $2340 dealer incentive and a $1000 cash back deal so I could negotiate not more than $3340 minus MSRP? Or could I negotiate the MSRP and than add $3340 to it? Will $3340(?) be under capitalized cost reduction or will it be counted in the sale price (capitalized cost)?
    I would be really grateful for an answer.
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,337
    magnumek said:

Okay.
    I am wondering about one thing, Mazda has a $2340 dealer incentive and a $1000 cash back deal so I could negotiate not more than $3340 minus MSRP? Or could I negotiate the MSRP and than add $3340 to it? Will $3340(?) be under capitalized cost reduction or will it be counted in the sale price (capitalized cost)?
    I would be really grateful for an answer.

Not sure that the two incentives can be combined - the $1000 may be for purchase only, not a lease.

Use the "make / model / year" pull downs at the top of the page to link to the price tools here at Edmunds. That should give you a target price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    Oh okay.
    So lets assume I could just get $2340 as a rebate, is that the most I could negotiate from MSRP or could I negotiate a price and then try to subtract the $2340? And would $2340 be listed as a cost reduction or subtracted from the capitalized cost on the lease agreement?
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,337
    magnumek said:

Oh okay.
    So lets assume I could just get $2340 as a rebate, is that the most I could negotiate from MSRP or could I negotiate a price and then try to subtract the $2340? And would $2340 be listed as a cost reduction or subtracted from the capitalized cost on the lease agreement?

You negotiate your best price, then subtract the lease cash.

I think its counted as a cap cost reduction.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    mformazdamformazda Member Posts: 11
    Hey magnumek,

Can you tell me which dealership in NY you got that deal at? thanks