Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

electrial problem

bobprinbobprin Member Posts: 6
edited November 2016 in Chrysler
after charging my battery i found out i have no dash lights,wipers,door locks etc.battery charge is 13v running is13.8v all fuses are good,dont know what to do now

Comments

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Have you checked the fusible links?
  • Options
    where would i find them?? like i said none of the dash works no fuel,temp,gas,nothing, would a fusable link take out all the gauges,wipers,elect.door opener??
  • Options
    I don't have the wiring diagram for this car so I can't say. The fusible links feed off the + battery post. Did you check your IOD fuse in the fuse box? Have you been having battery-drain problems?
  • Options
    yes on the batterydrain,iod fuse is good,battery is new
  • Options
    I've heard that pulling the IOD fuse and waiting a short while and re-installing it sometimes wakes things up, but that's just second-hand info.

You may have to go back to the fuse box and see if there is voltage going into the various fuses that control these functions. If not, then you start tracing backwards from there.
  • Options
    I checked all the fuses (mini) all have voltage,dont know how to check the square ones
  • Options
    And the fusible links?

THIS VIDEO might help
  • Options
    im trying to find a site with a elect. diagram,to find out were the fuse links are.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Try bbbind.com. I think AutoZone has wiring diagrams too.
  • Options
    thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,747
    With the key on engine running do you have power at fuses,#5, #11, #28, #33 in the under hood fuse block assembly? (Integrated power module)
  • Options
    the cover only what they go to,no numbers,with engine running I have power to all the mini fuses,
  • Options
    thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,747
    Then you need a scan tool that can read data inputs at the BCM and do bi-directional commands with the integrated power module to try to operate the circuits in question. Those fuses provide power to the circuits you listed as inoperative. With power to those fuses the accessory relay is powered up and functional and that means its either a control or input issue.