Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Has ford resolved the Explorer Electronic Throttle Body Issue for the 2017 Sport?

2hounddogs2hounddogs Member Posts: 1
edited November 2016 in Ford
I'm considering buying a 2017 Explorer Sport, but I'm very concerned after reading all the reviews from people whose 2016 Explorers have died on them in dangerous situations due to a faulty electronic throttle body. Yet 2 dealerships in my area are telling me that this hasn't been an issue for them. I can't find any info on whether or not Ford has resolved this problem for 2017. Does anyone have any updated info on this?

Answers

• Options
    zimctzimct Member Posts: 16
    Is there any feedback out there on this topic?
    I'm in same place, like 2017 Explorer Sport but concerned to buy it with this problem.
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    You might find THIS ARTICLE of interest.
  • Options
    zimctzimct Member Posts: 16
    Thank you.
    Is there any 2017 information available? Has Ford made changes to fix this with 2017 Explorer Sport?
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    If they did, I don't think Ford would admit to a major problem, and if they didn't, they wouldn't tell you. Apparently they've avoided a recall so far.

You might monitor and explore the archives of CAR COMPLAINTS as well as the NHTSA website.