Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2017 Toyota Land Cruiser - Toyota Financing

gkazgkaz Member Posts: 18
edited December 2016 in Toyota
I'm looking to finally replace my 2002 Land Cruiser after 260,000 miles (what a tank!)

Will be financing purchase (not lease). Any insights into interest rates that TFS offers?

Also, any thoughts on reasonable price to pay?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited December 2016
    No idea on the rates. We recommend that you shop for a good rate with your local bank or credit union or online, and then invite the dealer to beat the rate. Often the dealer can, since they make money putting financing together.

Invoice is $76,567, MSRP is $85,420 and the True Market Value average price paid is $78,797. All those numbers include the $1,095 destination but no options or taxes or fees.

TMV is coming in around 10% below MSRP. That's pretty good - for a killer deal, try for 15% below MSRP and try to settle for 12% below (TMV is an average, so it's nice to beat the average).

So killer would be $72,600 and 12% off would be $75,170.

Knowing how well luxury SUVs are selling and knowing that Land Cruisers are a bit rare on the lots, TMV may wind up being the most "reasonable" price. For this model you may want to use this link and get a Price Promise quote if there's a participating dealer in your area..

Please let us know how it goes and god luck!
  • Options
    Thanks for the incredibly quick response Stever - I'll let you know ends up - will take several weeks, I'm sure
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,316
    gkaz said:

Thanks for the incredibly quick response Stever - I'll let you know ends up - will take several weeks, I'm sure

Definitely line up your own financing.

There are never incentives on this model. TFS financing is likely 4.9% APR or higher.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Just to get back to everyone. I ended up buying the 2017 Land Cruiser today. Classic Silver Exterior/Black Interior. MSRP was $86,433 so had a few extra small options like all weather mats, wheel locks and remote start. My final purchase price was $75,433 before tax, tags and fees but included Freight/Delivery. TFS was offering 2.25% for 5 years (I was able to get slightly better financing at credit union with nothing down and up to 84 months if I wanted but TFS deal wasn't all that bad considering). I spoke with about 12 dealers while shopping around. I ended up negotiating and received pricing from 7-8 of those dealers. Most were in range of $78.5k to $82k and wouldn't come down when I told them I had an offer around $75k (most were skeptical or suggested I take the offer because they couldn't touch that deal). So I ended up going with the one dealer that made the most aggressive price offer. Seems like a pretty reasonable deal at 12+% off MSRP.

It's been 14 years since I bought my last Land Cruiser and that buying experience wasn't that great - this time around, however, the buying experience across all Toyota dealerships was really good - no shenanigans, all professionals, polite, respectful, etc.. Btw, everyone I dealt with was regular retail sales team, no fleet, etc..

Hope this helps others in the market.

Thanks for the earlier advice stever and kyfdx.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Congrats, you did well!

And thanks for the notes about your dealer experiences. We have a couple of folks this week having to deal with old school dealers and it's 1999 all over again.
  • Options
    Purchased a 2017 Land Cruiser, last day in January, only option was all weather mats. MSRP = $85,674.00, purchase price was $74,990 (which included delivery) plus tax, license, fees. 1.99% interest for 60 months through credit union that finance guy hooked me up with.
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,336

Purchased a 2017 Land Cruiser, last day in January, only option was all weather mats. MSRP = $85,674.00, purchase price was $74,990 (which included delivery) plus tax, license, fees. 1.99% interest for 60 months through credit union that finance guy hooked me up with.

Congrats! Over 12% off sticker is a nice discount, though I doubt Toyota moves a lot of these.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4