Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2017 Sorento EX AWD V-6 Price

germilgermil Member Posts: 11
edited September 2016 in Kia
With premium package, mudguards, wheel locks, carpets. MSRP $37,295, dealer discount $2,816, cash rebate (with 1.9 financing) $1,750, net cost $32,729 + tax and fees. 12.24% off MSRP with financing; cash rebate without financing $1,500.

Comments

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited September 2016
    Hi @germil,

I assumed you're still in NJ after looking at some of your 2010 posts. I get the same MSRP; invoice is $35,329 and the TMV average price paid is about the same as invoice, until you get to the incentives.

With the incentives, it looks like your quote is another $800 or so below the "incentive adjusted" TMV average. Seems pretty good for a new 2017 model this early in the new model year, even if they have been out since June or so.

Anyone else tire-kicking this crossover SUV?
  • Options
    germilgermil Member Posts: 11
    I did make use of Sam's Club buying service to get the price. Also had a trade that I got fair value for +$500 because I squawked about the high doc fee. Color combination of Sangria/Stone Beige inside very popular and few around with premium package.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Nice going, and congrats!
  • Options
    ajs122ajs122 Member Posts: 10
    currently l lease a 2015 Sorento EX. its been a nice car, great features for the money. I'm considering a 2017 Sorento for next year and when I look at leather seats on the upper levels, is there really any difference between leather and premium leather? or just another sales gimmit? are the seats any different? most of the sales people I speak to haven't got a clue. TIA
  • Options
    ang33iefang33ief Member Posts: 63
    I would like to share my buying experience, 2017 Kia Sorento, sx with tech package, loaded with everything except surround camera. MSRL $42,465 I believe, with the white snow paint and homelink mirror, why Kia charges for these I do not understand. There is also I believe an add fee. I traded in a vehicle in which the dealer gave me three grand more than Kelly says it is worth in a trade in. Also received $2,900 off for military discount, have another Kia, and financing with them. So that comes out to about $36,565, the dealer had a special $500 vista card special, so I think that is just a little over $36,000. Taxes and dealer fees put it back to around $37,400 out the door. It really drives nice, has all the bells and such, nice vehicle and I trad d in a 2015 Lexus with 16,988 on it. I believe this drives better and has a lot more things than the Lexus, I would recommend it.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,266
    ang33ief said:

I would like to share my buying experience, 2017 Kia Sorento, sx with tech package, loaded with everything except surround camera. MSRL $42,465 I believe, with the white snow paint and homelink mirror, why Kia charges for these I do not understand. There is also I believe an add fee. I traded in a vehicle in which the dealer gave me three grand more than Kelly says it is worth in a trade in. Also received $2,900 off for military discount, have another Kia, and financing with them. So that comes out to about $36,565, the dealer had a special $500 vista card special, so I think that is just a little over $36,000. Taxes and dealer fees put it back to around $37,400 out the door. It really drives nice, has all the bells and such, nice vehicle and I trad d in a 2015 Lexus with 16,988 on it. I believe this drives better and has a lot more things than the Lexus, I would recommend it.

Congrats on the new Kia!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    orlanky10orlanky10 Member Posts: 12
    edited June 2017
    Hello, looking at the incentives for the 2017 Sorento EX V6 for 36 month lease I see the $4,000 lease bonus cash but what about the $2,000 customer cash? Can those 2 incentives not be combined for $6,000 reduction? The only restriction I see listed appears to be related to APR rates with financing. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,337
    orlanky10 said:

Hello, looking at the incentives for the 2017 Sorento EX V6 for 36 month lease I see the $4,000 lease bonus cash but what about the $2,000 customer cash? Can those 2 incentives not be combined for $6,000 reduction? The only restriction I see listed appears to be related to APR rates with financing. Thanks in advance.

The customer cash is for purchase only.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4