Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 4 Series Gran Coupe Lease HELP

wrxfanswrxfans Member Posts: 9
edited February 2017 in BMW
Here's what I have 49,633.20 MSRP 54,801.32 AFTER TAX 36Months /10k per year 4500 Out the door with 3k down. 677/MO lease. Help me get a better deal

Best Answer

Answers

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100
    wrxfans said:

Here's what I have
    49,633.20 MSRP
    54,801.32 AFTER TAX
    36Months /10k per year
    4500 Out the door with 3k down.
    677/MO lease.

Help me get a better deal

What is the MSRP? (MSRPs don't end in cents.. so, your first number isn't it)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• wrxfanswrxfans Member Posts: 9
    kyfdx said:
    Here's what I have 49,633.20 MSRP 54,801.32 AFTER TAX 36Months /10k per year 4500 Out the door with 3k down. 677/MO lease. Help me get a better deal
    The MSRP is 51,965 
    -2,331 AutoNation savings 
    so the autonation price is 49,633.20 (if it matters)

wrxfans said:

kyfdx said:

wrxfans said:

Here's what I have
    49,633.20 MSRP
    54,801.32 AFTER TAX
    36Months /10k per year
    4500 Out the door with 3k down.
    677/MO lease.

Help me get a better deal

The MSRP is 51,965 
    -2,331 AutoNation savings 
    so the autonation price is 49,633.20 (if it matters)

Okay.. Autonation quotes aren't really lease quotes.

If you look at the paperwork, all of the numbers they give are purchase quotes, with no actual lease calculations or lease variables given. One plus is they disclose all of their fees and the selling price.

Which state is this?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I'm in California.(9.75 tax) 
    wrxfans said:

So.. California taxes the monthly payment. See what I mean about the numbers on the quote being irrelevant?

The selling price is important. The itemization of the fees is important. The acquisition fee ($925) is important.(probably not listed on your quote). The sales tax number on your quote is irrelevant.

.00134 MF and 61% residual for 36/10 (guessing those numbers aren't on there, either).

The number you need is the adjusted CAP cost.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:
    So.. California taxes the monthly payment. See what I mean about the numbers on the quote being irrelevant? The selling price is important. The itemization of the fees is important. The acquisition fee ($925) is important.(probably not listed on your quote). The sales tax number on your quote is irrelevant. .00134 MF and 61% residual for 36/10 (guessing those numbers aren't on there, either). The number you need is the adjusted CAP cost.
    I will update the post once I get them. But what am I looking at? Price wise? If you can get me that info
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,252
    wrxfans said:

kyfdx said:

wrxfans said:

So.. California taxes the monthly payment. See what I mean about the numbers on the quote being irrelevant?

The selling price is important. The itemization of the fees is important. The acquisition fee ($925) is important.(probably not listed on your quote). The sales tax number on your quote is irrelevant.

.00134 MF and 61% residual for 36/10 (guessing those numbers aren't on there, either).

The number you need is the adjusted CAP cost.

I will update the post once I get them.
    But what am I looking at? Price wise? If you can get me that info

We suggest you negotiate a price 7% below MSRP, before adding in any fees.

Limit your up front cash to the first payment and DMV costs; add everything else into the lease payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

I'm a noob at this help me!
    i want to get numbers from you guys 
    7% off the MSRP 
    also give me residual and stuff I just want the best possible deal for 36/10 or 32/12 if not much different 
    wrxfans said:

I'm a noob at this help me!
    i want to get numbers from you guys 
    7% off the MSRP 
    also give me residual and stuff I just want the best possible deal for 36/10 or 32/12 if not much different 

.00134 and 61% (36/10) or 60% (36/12).

Ask for 7% off the MSRP, then add in any fees (acquisition fee, dealer fee) and taxes you don't want to pay up front.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

How do I go about all the options added?
    wrxfans said:

How do I go about all the options added?

What options? Those that are on the car are documented on the window sticker. You want to avoid any dealer accessories, as you will have to pay for 100% of them in the lease term.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I'm a tad confused am I negotiating the 50k or 40k