Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2017 Jeep Cherokee lease deal

fernie27fernie27 Member Posts: 3
edited April 2017 in Jeep
Hi there. I keep asking myself if I'm paying way too much for my lease. Here's the story: I had a jeep compass with 16 months to go on the lease. I was at 36 k miles and has 0 miles left. That's when I started looking to get out of the lease earlier. I had about 5,600 dollars left to pay in that car. When I went to the jeep dealer they said best way to go was to lease a new car (of course) otherwise I'd owe a lot for over mileage. (Which is true, I do about 1500 miles a month) anyways I picked a car I liked: 2017 cherokee latitude with sticker price of 37,000. (Sounds high but has a couple cool features) I gave 1,500 down and leased for 48 months. My payment is 520 a month. Is that really bad ???

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    kyfdx said:
    Hi there. I keep asking myself if I'm paying way too much for my lease. Here's the story: I had a jeep compass with 16 months to go on the lease. I was at 36 k miles and has 0 miles left. That's when I started looking to get out of the lease earlier. I had about 5,600 dollars left to pay in that car. When I went to the jeep dealer they said best way to go was to lease a new car (of course) otherwise I'd owe a lot for over mileage. (Which is true, I do about 1500 miles a month) anyways I picked a car I liked: 2017 cherokee latitude with sticker price of 37,000. (Sounds high but has a couple cool features) I gave 1,500 down and leased for 48 months. My payment is 520 a month. Is that really bad ???
    It's hard to know, without knowing the negative equity on the Compass. I agree with the dealer. 24,000 extra miles on the Compass was going to kill you at lease end. But, my question is this. If you do 1500 miles per month, won't you go over mileage on this lease, as well?
    I think it was 5 thousand or something like that. They sent me a check for 5,700 to pay the bank. Do you think that was a good deal? Thanks again!! 
  • Options
    Oh and yes, I'm planning on buying the car at the end of the lease. Not sure if I should've financed.  The price at the end is like 14k (after 4 year lease) im new at this and after a long day at the dealer I wasn't thinking straight anymore.
  • Options
    saratogastevesaratogasteve Member Posts: 186
    fernie27 said:

Hi there.
    I keep asking myself if I'm paying way too much for my lease.

Here's the story: I had a jeep compass with 16 months to go on the lease. I was at 36 k miles and has 0 miles left. That's when I started looking to get out of the lease earlier. I had about 5,600 dollars left to pay in that car.
    When I went to the jeep dealer they said best way to go was to lease a new car (of course) otherwise I'd owe a lot for over mileage. (Which is true, I do about 1500 miles a month) anyways I picked a car I liked: 2017 cherokee latitude with sticker price of 37,000. (Sounds high but has a couple cool features) I gave 1,500 down and leased for 48 months.
    My payment is 520 a month. Is that really bad ???

did the dealer capitalize your car at MSRP? These cars are regularly discounted 20% or more where I live.
  • Options
    buckey1948buckey1948 Member Posts: 23
    Locally they are $8000 or more off msrp.2017 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4x4 SUV
    MSRP$32,365 Sale Price$23,278

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,337

Locally they are $8000 or more off msrp.2017 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4x4 SUV
    MSRP$32,365 Sale Price$23,278

Be advised that the sale price may include incentives only valid if you purchase, not lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    buckey1948buckey1948 Member Posts: 23
    Do not know, they show and even lower price if you qualify for incentives. Mfg have $5500 off msrp on Cherokee.
    Problem Jeep history of problems