Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
edited January 2017 in Honda
Buying a new minivan?

Please ask your buying questions here.

It helps to include the selling price before taxes and fees (since everyone's taxes are different), and please include the style/trim you are shopping and your city or zip code.

You can find True Market Value, Invoice and MSRP numbers at this link.

Most deals seem to be from 6 to 12% off MSRP. A higher percentage is better and as the year goes by, we'll start to see 15% off deals, especially at the end of a month or quarter and at year end. Sometimes we'll see good deals on holidays, especially the 4th of July and Labor Day. That tends to vary by dealer and by region.

Feel free to post your dealer info, but please no phone numbers or individual contact info. Thanks!

Comments

• kanadiankanadian Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking for a Honda Odyssey SE, 2017.

The lowest price I'm getting is $32,000 + tax, DMV, doc. etc.

My zip code is 07650 (east coast, northern NJ)

Is the $32,000 a good deal? Also, I want to purchase it before the finance promotion ends. They have 60 months for 0.9%. Seems really good. My credit is pretty good, so I'm sure I'll qualify. The dealership told me I might be able to get a better deal next month...since they don't have the color I want.

Please let me know what you guys think.

Thanks in advance.

• ConsiglieriConsiglieri Member Posts: 59
    kanadian said:
    I'm looking for a Honda Odyssey SE, 2017. The lowest price I'm getting is $32,000 + tax, DMV, doc. etc. My zip code is 07650 (east coast, northern NJ) Is the $32,000 a good deal? Also, I want to purchase it before the finance promotion ends. They have 60 months for 0.9%. Seems really good. My credit is pretty good, so I'm sure I'll qualify. The dealership told me I might be able to get a better deal next month...since they don't have the color I want. Please let me know what you guys think. Thanks in advance.
    I can tell you that a friend just paid 28665 plus tax & tags for a 2016 Odyssey SE a little farther south than you on the East Coast. That dealer still has 4 2016 Odyssey SE's in stock. If you're willing to travel, you could probably lock in an even better price. 

Also, try Westmount in Ocean County. His prices tend to be pretty amazing. 
    Do you know the dealership and sales person that your friend worked with?
    kanadian said:
    Yes. Dealership is in MD, and I negotiated the deal with the General Manager after shopping it around. It is a not a price they offer up front. If you would like to contact me directly, I would be happy to discuss it further. If you click on my screen name, you should see my email address. 
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,252

kanadian said:

Yes. Dealership is in MD, and I negotiated the deal with the General Manager after shopping it around. It is a not a price they offer up front. If you would like to contact me directly, I would be happy to discuss it further. If you click on my screen name, you should see my email address. 

You are welcome to share both dealer and salesman names publicly; we just restrict the publishing of any contact information - phone or email.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• sammyshahsammyshah Member Posts: 2
    Looking to buy a 2016 or 2017 EX-L RES in Northern California.

Very few dealers have 2016 in stock, but 2017 are available readily.

What price I should be looking to pay? I got internet quotes of $35k+taxes, fees for 2017 and they seem a bit high.
  • robrothrobroth Member Posts: 33
    edited March 2017
    I have a Pathfinder coming off lease in 4 months and thought I'd see how I could do on an Odyssey Elite 36/12k lease a few days away from end of Q1. I'm thinking I may wait until end of Q2 to see if they drop pricing with the 2018's around the corner at that point. This is the best quote I have so far which includes the $1000 dealer cash lease incentive. The sales tax is skewed as that's based on buying the vehicle rather than tax on 36 months.

40,769.60 Sale Price (includes $940 Destination Charge from Honda)
    +USD2,570.91 6.25% Sales Tax
    +USD99.00 Wheel Locks Fee (Optional Fee)
    +USD135.00 Plates and Registration Fee
    +USD365.00 Documentation Fee
    USD43,939.51 Total "Out-The-Door" Price

My calculations work this out to:
    interest rate 2.856%
    price over 36 months 18346.32 = $532
    taxes over 36 months 1146.65 or 31.85/mo

Total monthly $563.85 w/$500 out of pocket
    I just purchased my 2017 Honda Odyssey SE today in norther New Jersey (Bergen county) !!!

I got it for $30,400. (including destination and handling fees)
    $600 for wheel lock (didn't have a choice) and remote start.
    Tax at 6.875% = $2,131.25
    DMV fees= $418.50
    DOC fee= $299
    Out the door price = $33,848.75

down payment of $3,848.75
    financing $30,000 for 0.9% for 5 years.

I'm pretty happy with the price I got. Good luck everyone!
    Now the question I'm struggling with is do I get the honda care warranty?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,084
    kanadian said:

I just purchased my 2017 Honda Odyssey SE today in norther New Jersey (Bergen county) !!!

I got it for $30,400. (including destination and handling fees)
    $600 for wheel lock (didn't have a choice) and remote start.
    Tax at 6.875% = $2,131.25
    DMV fees= $418.50
    DOC fee= $299
    Out the door price = $33,848.75

down payment of $3,848.75
    financing $30,000 for 0.9% for 5 years.

I'm pretty happy with the price I got. Good luck everyone!
    Now the question I'm struggling with is do I get the honda care warranty?

I bought a 7 yr, 100K extended warranty on a Honda, once. About $1000. When I traded the car after 6.5 years and 106K miles, I had never had a claim or repair.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• emw1000emw1000 Member Posts: 2
    I am in southern NH and can buy in MA easily too. I am looking to see what the best price is for an Odyssey EX-L with Nav. please! Thanks so much!
  • mjoshimjoshi Member Posts: 44
    I'm confused little bit here, I cannot decide between 4 different models
    2016 Ody SE
    2017 Ody SE
    2017 Ody EX
    2017 Pacifica Touring.

What you guys say ? I'm getting 2017 Pacifica Touring for $24,400 whereas Ody is somewhere around $30K for me. Is it worth spending $6K extra on Ody compared to Pacifica ?
  • emw1000emw1000 Member Posts: 2
    I like the idea of the Paifica but can't beat the reliability I've had with my 2008 Odyssey....
  • pinellasjoepinellasjoe Member Posts: 2
    What amount can I expect to get off MSRP on a 2016 Odyssey Touring Elite. They are readily available in my area (more than 10 of them). I would think they want the 2016's gone before the 2018's get on the lot.
    ZIP is 33777
  • r999r999 Member Posts: 1
    2016 honda odyssey touring elite i was quoted 37,700 before taxes and other fees. is this a good price?
  • ody2017exlody2017exl Member Posts: 1
    I am getting quotes for 2017 Odyssey ex-l in central NJ. Best base price is $31,500 including destination charges. of course taxes and fees will be extra. Can anyone share their quotes or OTD price? 
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Have you purchased a new vehicle in the last six months, and are you willing to talk about your experience getting a loan? If so, a reporter would love to talk to you about your experience. Please email PR@Edmunds.com by Wednesday, May 17, 2017 letting us know if you were a new or returning customer to your dealership and if the experience was different than what you expected (easier/harder to get financed, higher/lower interest rate, etc.). Thanks for your help!
  • Sms28Sms28 Member Posts: 5
    30-31K, before ttl for EXL, maryland
  • borgcr01borgcr01 Member Posts: 3
    Bought a 2017 Odyssey SE.

Paid $29,643 + Taxes, Tags, Fees in PA. Total pre downpayment/trade was $30,823.73.

There was some pretty aggressive pricing in my area with 2018s hitting the lot.
  • lenaportlandlenaportland Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I am in Portland, Oregon and looking to see what the best price is for an Odyssey EX-L. If you have any information, pls share with me. Thank you so much! :)
  • vvsetvvset Member Posts: 26
    Hi,

I bought the EX-L today in MD for 33400 OTD. Thanks.
  • changkumchangkum Member Posts: 8
    2017 Honda Odyssey LX
    MSRP:$30,790.00
    Price: $26,314.00

is this good deal?
    I think that with some negotiation, you can expect to save as much as  another $1,000 to $1,500 off that price. My goal would be to get it on the road for $27,000 - $28,000,  but depending on your market, your timing, and available supply, that may not be realistic. 
  • 07pilot4me07pilot4me Member Posts: 52
    getting quote of:

EX-L /RES 33,514 + fees
    EX 28815 + Fees
    SE 29650 + Fees

i think these are fair prices, but i have to clarify what those fees are. im guessing they will add destination/handling fees as well.. this is in Northern Cali.

what should my target price be, mainly interested in the SE
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,084

getting quote of:

EX-L /RES 33,514 + fees
    EX 28815 + Fees
    SE 29650 + Fees

i think these are fair prices, but i have to clarify what those fees are. im guessing they will add destination/handling fees as well.. this is in Northern Cali.

Any quote should already include destination. If not, then they just aren't being honest. It's not a "fee", it's part of the price.

CA DMV fees are about 1.1% of MSRP, generally, then there is an $80 doc fee. That should be it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

getting quote of:

EX-L /RES 33,514 + fees
    EX 28815 + Fees
    SE 29650 + Fees

Based on past experience:
    EX - target price of about $28k incl. destination
    SE - target price of about $28665 incl. destination

getting quote of:

EX-L /RES 33,514 + fees
    EX 28815 + Fees
    SE 29650 + Fees

thanks for the feedback. i just got email for the dealer....
    the price is + 10%ish fees and +$399 for the protection pack(wheel locks ,mud guard, trunk tray)

based on feedback, i should aim for SE $28K and see what they say?? should i have them write all the fees and totals down before i go in??

i have a trade in, carmax already made offer, i doubt dealer will beat it. should i leave it out so deal is less complicated? (sell to carmax)

ty all

getting quote of:

EX-L /RES 33,514 + fees
    EX 28815 + Fees
    SE 29650 + Fees

the price is + 10%ish fees and +$399 for the protection pack(wheel locks ,mud guard, trunk tray)

based on feedback, i should aim for SE $28K and see what they say?? should i have them write all the fees and totals down before i go in??

i have a trade in, carmax already made offer, i doubt dealer will beat it. should i leave it out so deal is less complicated? (sell to carmax)

ty all

Where are you located?

Don't pay for protection package, or at least negotiate it down substantially. 

Don't go in until you have an "on the road" price in writing signed by a manager. 

If you trade into the dealer,  depending on the state, you may get a tax credit. 

It is not unheard of to get the dealership to pay more for a trade than Carmax. 

getting quote of:

EX-L /RES 33,514 + fees

EX 28815 + Fees

SE 29650 + Fees

ty all

Where are you located?

Don't pay for protection package, or at least negotiate it down substantially. 

Don't go in until you have an "on the road" price in writing signed by a manager. 

If you trade into the dealer,  depending on the state, you may get a tax credit. 

It is not unheard of to get the dealership to pay more for a trade than Carmax. 

Hi,

I was thinking about offering 31K OTD. I live in California and I calculated TTL to be $2400 on a $29K price (their offer is $29.65K) + $399 wheel lock package.

we will be taking our vehicle in their lot, so they will have a chance to beat the Carmax quote.

what do you think of offering 31K OTD, whats your thoughts??
    bought an EX L no res no nav for $32,100 with wheel lock package included +TTL also got $500 more for my trade in vs Carmax. .9% financing as well

could i have done better. probably! but dealer was close to home and low on stock. Got them to match another dealer 60 miles away with lots more stock (and probably better negotiating room) but might have gotten stuck with trading car at Carmax.

deals will prob get better next weekend but did not want to risk low stock and deal with the crowds (we were at dealers for 7 hours and we got there 1 hour after open)/

good luck!!! and hope we made right decision

bought an EX L no res no nav for $32,100 with wheel lock package included +TTL also got $500 more for my trade in vs Carmax. .9% financing as well

could i have done better. probably! but dealer was close to home and low on stock. Got them to match another dealer 60 miles away with lots more stock (and probably better negotiating room) but might have gotten stuck with trading car at Carmax.

deals will prob get better next weekend but did not want to risk low stock and deal with the crowds (we were at dealers for 7 hours and we got there 1 hour after open)/

Congratulations!

On the last EX-L that I helped someone lease, the sale price on which the lease was based represented a discount of $7235 below MSRP. You can do the math.

I will admit that I had difficulty replicating that deal even a few weeks later at the same dealership (although it did change ownership in the interim). 
    edited June 2017

Congratulations!

On the last EX-L that I helped someone lease, the sale price on which the lease was based represented a discount of $7235 below MSRP. You can do the math.

I will admit that I had difficulty replicating that deal even a few weeks later at the same dealership (although it did change ownership in the interim). 

wow, that would have been a great price. like i said i feel like i left some money on the table, just didn't feel like digging in due to stock on hand and being out of town next weekend... those with patience will definitely get better deals next weekend if they can find stock
  • minivanupgrademinivanupgrade Member Posts: 2
    Hello! 
    I'm in SoCal and have been emailing a couple dealerships. The first offers I've gotten are:

EX $29,706 (zip code 92618)
    SE $30,562 (92618)
    EX-L $34,099 (92626)

Is it outrageous for me to offer/expect:
    EX $28,000 OTD
    SE $29,000 OTD
    EX-L $30,000 OTD

thank you!
  • neu5purneu5pur Member Posts: 1
    Hello,
    I'm in BayArea, CA & looking to buy 2017 Touring Elite Ody. I'm ok with traveling a little bit.
    What should be the best price? & How I should negotiate with dealers
    Thanks
  • horse15horse15 Member Posts: 8
    Sms28 said:

30-31K, before ttl for EXL, maryland

Hi,
    Is this for 2017 model? Could you please share the dealer name(if this forum allows it)? I am planning to buy either 2017 or 2017 EX-L in Maryland. Appreciate your help.