Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Car Buying Advice - Lease Info - 2018 SQ5

vision_txvision_tx Member Posts: 13
edited June 2017 in Audi
Would love some help with 3 questions. 1) What is the going RV/MF for a 36 month, 15K/year lease on a loaded 2018 SQ5 in Central Texas? and 2) how does that change on a pre-paid lease with same term and miles? Lastly, what are pros and cons of prepaid lease that I should consider? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,286
    vision_tx said:

Would love some help with 3 questions. 1) What is the going RV/MF for a 36 month, 15K/year lease on a loaded 2018 SQ5 in Central Texas? and 2) how does that change on a pre-paid lease with same term and miles? Lastly, what are pros and cons of prepaid lease that I should consider? Thanks in advance!

63%/62% residual for PremiumPlus/Prestige.
    .00196 MF

Prepaid money factor is .00136.

No real cons to getting a pre-paid lease. The pro is the savings, assuming you keep an eye on everything else, just like in any auto transaction.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    vision_txvision_tx Member Posts: 13
    Thanks #kyfdx! Follow up question....I have a dealer suggesting that they can't quote a residual until I order a car and it's delivered (8-12 weeks) because the residual changes month to month. That sounds very odd to me. Why would someone order a car before knowing one of the most important details of the financial deal? Can you, or anyone else, share thoughts on that? My first instinct is to change dealers but want to make sure there is not something that I don't understand.
  • Options
    vision_tx said:

Thanks #kyfdx! Follow up question....I have a dealer suggesting that they can't quote a residual until I order a car and it's delivered (8-12 weeks) because the residual changes month to month. That sounds very odd to me. Why would someone order a car before knowing one of the most important details of the financial deal? Can you, or anyone else, share thoughts on that? My first instinct is to change dealers but want to make sure there is not something that I don't understand.

AFS won't lock in the lease program, unlike BMW. Your dealer is correct.

I would never lease an Audi, if I had to order the vehicle. I can't speak for why anyone else would.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    nathan_007nathan_007 Member Posts: 23
    Not sure that is correct.... Audi financial services DOES in fact lock in the best program between doing your credit check and the car being delivered. My general manager for the dealer I ordered at confirmed for me in writing I would receive the best program. I also received 7.5% off with no increase in MF. not sure why anyone wouldn’t order a car the way they want it. Just make sure your GM knows what they are talking about and want to help and work with you.
  • Options
    kubicakubica Member Posts: 70
    Greetings!

Looking for the June MF and Residual for a 2018 SQ5, Premium Plus for 36 months/10k miles yr.

In a post above, you quote 63% for 15k miles a year...are you saying the residual for 10k miles a year is 66%???!!!! That's almost too good to be true, even with a lousy money factor...

Thank you!
  • Options
    kubica said:

Greetings!

Looking for the June MF and Residual for a 2018 SQ5, Premium Plus for 36 months/10k miles yr.

In a post above, you quote 63% for 15k miles a year...are you saying the residual for 10k miles a year is 66%???!!!! That's almost too good to be true, even with a lousy money factor...

Thank you!

.00196 MF and 66% residual for 36/10.

That is a great residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kubicakubica Member Posts: 70
    Thank you Kyfdx!
  • Options
    carenthusia85carenthusia85 Member Posts: 48
    hi -

what is the MF and residual for P+ / P for 12k and 15k miles for 42 months please?

Thank you,
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,336

hi -

what is the MF and residual for P+ / P for 12k and 15k miles for 42 months please?

Thank you,

.00218 and 60% / 58%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    carenthusia85carenthusia85 Member Posts: 48
    T
    Michaell said:

hi -

Thank you,

.00218 and 60% / 58%
    Thank you!

What about P+ and P for 12k and 15k for 36 months please?
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,336

T

Michaell said:

hi -

Thank you,

.00218 and 60% / 58%
    Thank you!

What about P+ and P for 12k and 15k for 36 months please?
    .00198 and 64% or 62%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    dealernodealdealernodeal Member Posts: 22
    That's quoting MF which they can lock in, but no one can lock in Residual.

Not sure that is correct.... Audi financial services DOES in fact lock in the best program between doing your credit check and the car being delivered. My general manager for the dealer I ordered at confirmed for me in writing I would receive the best program. I also received 7.5% off with no increase in MF. not sure why anyone wouldn’t order a car the way they want it. Just make sure your GM knows what they are talking about and want to help and work with you.