Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

VW CC Lease excess wear

lif1010lif1010 Member Posts: 9
edited April 2017 in Volkswagen
Hello!

I am about to turn in my '14 CC R Line, talked to VWCredit earlier today and gave me the options to return the lease without penalties at an Audi dealer if I lease an Audi as both are basically a VW. I am currently negotiating an A4 and the dealer verbally agree to contribute on the last 2 pmts on my car (~350 each).

My car is around 2.5K miles below the allowed mileage, which is great, my problem is the "excess"! wear. Due to the low suspension basically all the bottom of the front bumper is scratched (not visible unless you actually lie down in front of the car) in addition to that, there is a small part of the front bumper that teared down, again not significantly visible, and I have some minor scratches on my wheels, except for one that has an actual ugly scratch. The rest of the car is perfect, interior is like new, the tires I changed around 6 mth ago and I always serviced it on time  at my VW dealer.

Now, how am I looking in terms of being charged excess wear? I know that there is some kind of forgiveness if you lease another VW car, but in my case that I'm planning to get an Audi, will I be charged? Should I make the Audi dealer aware of this? This is my first lease turn in and I am nervius about receiving a $3K bill for excess wear for just silly stuff. I'm thinking about touch up paining the car before turning it in 

i added some pics of the car to get your opinion. The wheel that is damaged the most is the front passager's one.

Answers

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,266
    edited April 2017
    @lif1010

I think you have to ask VCI about that, just like you did for the turn-in questions.

Those aren't close-up pictures, but I'll guess the front-end won't be a problem, but you might get dinged for a wheel repair.

Usually, if you take a lease to termination, VCI will hire an independent inspector to check out your car, a few weeks before lease-end, so you don't have to guess. You could ask them to do that for you, now. So, you'll know if you have charges or not. I'm not sure those charges would be waived, even if you leased another VW, as you assume.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,337
    kyfdx said:

@lif1010

I think you have to ask VCI about that, just like you did for the turn-in questions.

Those aren't close-up pictures, but I'll guess the front-end won't be a problem, but you might get dinged for a wheel repair.

Usually, if you take a lease to termination, VCI will hire an independent inspector to check out your car, a few weeks before lease-end, so you don't have to guess. You could ask them to do that for you, now. So, you'll know if you have charges or not. I'm not sure those charges would be waived, even if you leased another VW, as you assume.

I can confirm the independent inspector ... we did that with our '99 New Beetle we leased. Ended up buying it at the end of the lease, but we knew up front what the costs were going to be.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    I got my invoice today, it was for $406, including a $330 disposition fee that I got taken care for leasing my S4 thru VW Credit, so I was charged only $76 :smile: I was really scared I read in forums VW credit charging thousand of dollars for the wheels and dents. They only charged me for a small and almost not noticeable scratch on the drivers side mirror. 
  • Options
    Also I didn’t do the inspection because I turned it in early, so I took the risk, but it wasn’t that bad in the end 
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,266
    That's good news. Most of the "horror" stories come from people who treat their cars like crap. Congrats on the S4!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator