Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Error Codes - Transmission Issue

pd_1984pd_1984 Member Posts: 2
edited February 2018 in Cadillac
Hello - A few weeks ago, while driving on the highway, the vehicle would not accelerate. I was able to safely pull over and have the vehicle towed to a mechanic. The vehicle would not move while in drive or reverse. I noticed tranny fluid leaking around the front drivers side tire. After searching around online awhile, I found out that it was a section of the transmission cooling line that was leaking. I had the section of the trans cooling line replaced, added new fluid, and the car was back up & running.

About 10 days later, the same issue happened - while in traffic at a red light, the vehicle would not accelerate or reverse. Again, I had it towed to the mechanic. The fluid levels are fine, and nothing is leaking, so the mechanic thinks the transmission is done.

I scanned it for error codes, and I have an appointment in a few days at a transmission specialty shop so they can look at the vehicle and diagnose it. They vehicle is scanning for the following codes; wondering if anybody had any ideas? (some of the codes are from previously, and have not been cleared out):

ENGINE CODES:
P013C (HO2S Slow Response Rich To Lean Bank 2 Sensor 2)
P0300 (Engine Misfire Detected)
P0303 (Cylinder 3 Misfire Detected)
P0660 (Intake Manifold Tuning (IMT) Valve Solenoid Control Circuit)
P0562 (System Voltage Low)

TRANSMISSION CODES:
P0523 (Undocumented Code)
P0660 (Intake Manifold Tuning (IMT) Valve Solenoid Control Circuit)
P0562 (System Voltage Low)
P0897 (Transmission Fluid Life )

ANTILOCK BRAKE CODES:
C0050 (Right Rear Wheel Speed Sensor Circuit Fault Erratic)
C0267 (Low Brake Fluid Indicated)
C0561 (System Disabled Information Stored Invalid Serial Data Received)
C0242 (PMC Indicated Traction Control System Malfunction)

AIRBAG CODES:
B0021 (Right Front Deployment Loop Resistance Above Threshold)
B0081 (Passenger Preference System 1 Erratic)

Answers

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,826
    What year and model is your Cadillac?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• pd_1984pd_1984 Member Posts: 2
    2009 SRX
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    There's a lot going on there!These transmission codes are generic and they can refer to a considerable number of things, so you did the right thing by going in for further testing.

Automatic transmissions are hydraulic machines, actually much like a "controlled hemorrhage" if you will, and they rely on clean, full fluid levels, and all solenoids and valves operating properly, and, of course, all clutch, pump and bearing surfaces to be undamaged. So anything that causes a pressure drop or blockage has to be looked at.
  • thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,745
    P0562. System voltage low.

With a system voltage issue all bets are off as far as how the vehicle is going to perform. In fact the transmission could be commanded into limp mode for this code alone. Diagnostics would need to identify what issues are present at the time the vehicle is tested while being aware of the low system voltage issue. Some of the codes would not be the result of the low system voltage, but some of them easily could. This may take more than one routine to identify every issue.