Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Carvana

will201will201 Member Posts: 28
edited April 2018 in General
Has anyone actually used Caravana to purchase a vehicle? If so, how was the experience? How does it actually work?

Comments

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Here's a whole bunch of Yelp Reviews that might give you more of an idea:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/carvana-atlanta-4

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343
    For a service that sells you a car, sight unseen, they sure don't have many pictures.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    @kyfd i totally agree...smh
  • Options
    It's sort of like when you click on an Autotrader ad, and it's just a generic picture from the manufacturer's website. I just move on. Heck, click on a Carmax ad, and you get 37 photos.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    I wish carmax was in michigan..smh
  • Options
    carvanaseancarvanasean Member Posts: 1
    Actually they have a ton of pictures, just not on these third party websites. It's called the 360 tour which outshines any other dealers "photos" it's basically a fully interactive experience that shows you every angle of the vehicle inside and out.
  • Options

Actually they have a ton of pictures, just not on these third party websites. It's called the 360 tour which outshines any other dealers "photos" it's basically a fully interactive experience that shows you every angle of the vehicle inside and out.

Just went on the website. Clicked on "photos", and I'm getting the same five pictures..

The 360 tour isn't all that great... The color washout and fake background make every one of them look generic.

I hope you take this criticism in the manner it's intended. The website pictures are a big turn-off, compared to the 30-40 pictures that good sellers post on Autotrader, etc.

Good luck with it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    dealerfrienddealerfriend Member Posts: 9
    Haven't bought one. I am not sure why anyone would think it is a good idea to buy a car ONLINE sight UNSEEN. Taking photos of cars it is easy to cover up flaws with simple filters. Online shopping may be taking over everything else but you won't buy a house online and you shouldn't ever buy a car online. They're big purchases, not a $15 shirt off Amazon
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    I often judge a company by the effort they take to make their ads looks as good as possible. With any online car buying service, or any online auction like bring a trailer or eBay, the whole IDEA is to provide plentiful amounts of both information and photos, so as to reassure the buyer.