Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

End Of lease Question

punkinpunkin Member Posts: 18
edited December 2018 in BMW
Hi

Currently I am leasing 2 cars - X2 & X5.

I got an X2 in October 2018, the lease on my X5 ends in Dec 2018.

Will the fact that I got X2 recently count towards "getting into new bmw lease" and allowing me NOT to pay end of lease fee when I turn in my X5?

thank you
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,316
    punkin said:

Hi

Will the fact that I got X2 recently count towards "getting into new bmw lease" and allowing me NOT to pay end of lease fee when I turn in my X5?

thank you

Given how close the two transactions are to each other, the dealer may waive the termination fee on the X5 when you turn it in.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    punkin said:

Hi

thank you

Usually, it's transactions within 6 months. It's BMWFS that will make that determination. If you don't get it waived, a phone call could probably fix it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Michaell said:

punkin said:

Hi

thank you

Given how close the two transactions are to each other, the dealer may waive the termination fee on the X5 when you turn it in.
    thank you
  • Options
    kyfdx said:

punkin said:

Hi

thank you

Usually, it's transactions within 6 months. It's BMWFS that will make that determination. If you don't get it waived, a phone call could probably fix it.
    thank you
  • Options
    Apple1122Apple1122 Member Posts: 17
    edited February 2019
    I just had my end of lease inspection by AutoVin an have a $400 charge for scratches under front bumper. I am aware that this is not a bill. The final bill will be mailed to me within 2-3 weeks after lease turn in. Has anyone successfully negotiated the charges down or dropped with BMWFS? Or are these charges non negotiable. (I will not be getting this repairs fixed on my own for cheaper). I will already be in possession of my next BMW lease when I receive the bill.
  • Options
    Apple1122 said:

I just had my end of lease inspection by AutoVin an have a $400 charge for scratches under front bumper. I am aware that this is not a bill. The final bill will be mailed to me within 2-3 weeks after lease turn in. Has anyone successfully negotiated the charges down or dropped with BMWFS? Or are these charges non negotiable. (I will not be getting this repairs fixed on my own for cheaper). I will already be in possession of my next BMW lease when I receive the bill.

What is there to negotiate? That's the whole point of a 3rd party inspection. Independence and accuracy.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    DJEdmanDJEdman Member Posts: 7
    I have a 2016 X4 that is coming off lease in a few months. I'm considering either buying it out or leasing an X4 or X3. My purchase option is about $36K, which according to the Edmunds calculator is right about the price of a certified pre-owned X4.

Do you know if BMW negotiates end of lease buyouts? Edmunds sys the trade in would be $28K, Private party $31K and Dealer Retail $34K. So I wa thinking of offering something like $33K if that was possible.
  • Options
    DJEdman said:

I have a 2016 X4 that is coming off lease in a few months. I'm considering either buying it out or leasing an X4 or X3. My purchase option is about $36K, which according to the Edmunds calculator is right about the price of a certified pre-owned X4.

Do you know if BMW negotiates end of lease buyouts? Edmunds sys the trade in would be $28K, Private party $31K and Dealer Retail $34K. So I wa thinking of offering something like $33K if that was possible.

BMWFS does not negotiate residual buyouts.

Also, if they sell it to the dealer for less than your buyout, they won't allow the dealer to re-sell it to you.

I certainly wouldn't buyout the lease, if it's $8K over trade-in.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    DJEdmanDJEdman Member Posts: 7
    Thanks. I feel kind of stuck. My wife kind of wants to keep the car, but I know it's not a good deal.
  • Options
    DJEdman said:

Thanks. I feel kind of stuck. My wife kind of wants to keep the car, but I know it's not a good deal.

Sorry, no marriage counseling available. ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator