Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Owners Club - Meet the Members

PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
edited March 2019 in Honda
Hello Honda owners! Welcome to the Edmunds forums.
Whether you're a first time Honda owner or having been driving them for years, take a moment to introduce yourself and share some details about your vehicle.

Comments

• thebeanthebean Member Posts: 1,217
    I’ll start off. I’m Larry and I have two Hondas - ‘15 Accord EX and the wife’s ride - ‘17 Civic EX-T. I’ll post some pics when I get around to washing/waxing them in a few weeks.

I’ve had good luck with the 4 Hondas I have owned.
    2015 Honda Accord EX, 2019 Honda HR-V EX
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,046
    We've had six Hondas and two Acuras, but none currently.

Had very good experiences with all of them.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,983
    I’ve liked Honda since receiving a Christmas present of a ‘71 Honda CT70 mini bike in ‘73 when I was 13. I have owned many makes including Acura, Audi, Cadillac, Chevy, Chrysler, Ford, Mazda, Mercury, Oldsmobile, Plymouth, Pontiac, VW. In the past 10 years we have had multiple Hondas and have been very pleased with their driving dynamics and low cost of upkeep.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    sda said:

I’ve liked Honda since receiving a Christmas present of a ‘71 Honda CT70 mini bike in ‘73 when I was 13. I have owned many makes including Acura, Audi, Cadillac, Chevy, Chrysler, Ford, Mazda, Mercury, Oldsmobile, Plymouth, Pontiac, VW. In the past 10 years we have had multiple Hondas and have been very pleased with their driving dynamics and low cost of upkeep.

Did you have a favorite?
    Of the Hondas, my current Accord has been a great car. It is a well rounded performer and has been very economical to maintain and fuel. I have surprised myself in that I’ve owned this car longer than any other, 5.5 years and 87k, and have no current plans to replace it with a newer car. I always look forward to driving it.

• Benz167Benz167 Member Posts: 1
    My 2007 Accord EX L has passed 500,000 miles.  One starter, two A/C condenser fans, and the oil pressure solenoid.  Castrol oil and Fram filters.  Of course all the wear items etc...  No leaks at all!  Everything works.  I'm skeptical on the CVT standard now. Having no transmission so far.  Highway miles 90 percent of mileage.  Terribly upset with the airbag recall.  Both of front airbags replaced.  Honda should end that nightmare soon.

Wow, 500,000! My powers of deduction tell me you are a believer in regular preventative maintenance! :)

And you certainly don't sit still very often...heh

There must be some long road trip stories
    Benz167 said:

My 2007 Accord EX L has passed 500,000 miles.  One starter, two A/C condenser fans, and the oil pressure solenoid.  Castrol oil and Fram filters.  Of course all the wear items etc...  No leaks at all!  Everything works.  I'm skeptical on the CVT standard now. Having no transmission so far.  Highway miles 90 percent of mileage.  Terribly upset with the airbag recall.  Both of front airbags replaced.  Honda should end that nightmare soon.

That is impressive. I understand being upset about the air bag fiasco. On the positive side your 12 year old air bag components are being replaced with fresh new pieces.

sda said:

Benz167 said:

That is impressive. I understand being upset about the air bag fiasco. On the positive side your 12 year old air bag components are being replaced with fresh new pieces.
    Not just Honda. My 2006 BMW has had both airbags replaced. Half of the cars sold in the US used Takata airbags.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Yep, we had airbags replaced on 2007, 2011 and 2012 Nissans as well
  • snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,328
    Can I join the party even though my Honda only has two wheels?

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

Can I join the party even though my Honda only has two wheels?

Heh...you can have at least a half a piece of cake ;)
    How about this list?

Modern Hot Hondas vs. Honda's Classics: An All-Manual Showdown
    All Hot Hondas, All Manual Transmissions
  • Amazing13Amazing13 Member Posts: 9
    Hi, what’s the MF, residual and lease for a 2018 Honda Accord sport 1.5T model 10k/12k miles a year ? Zip 11221 Brooklyn, ny.. thanks :)
    Amazing13 said:

Hi, what’s the MF, residual and lease for a 2018 Honda Accord sport 1.5T model 10k/12k miles a year ? Zip 11221 Brooklyn, ny.. thanks :)

There are no longer any lease programs for the 2018 models.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Amazing13Amazing13 Member Posts: 9
    What about for the 2019 Honda Accord sport 1.5T? Same question but for the 2019 👆🏻
    Amazing13 said:

What about for the 2019 Honda Accord sport 1.5T? Same question but for the 2019 👆🏻

Please post in our dedicated 2019 Accord lease discussion, here:
    https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/53077/honda/accord/2019-honda-accord-lease-deals-and-prices#latest

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• kwimbee666kwimbee666 Member Posts: 1
    WHY DOES THE 2016 HONDA CIVIC LX HAVE TO BE SUCH A BASIC BIT**?!.
    😭😭
    Having an issue? What's it doing?
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    I've admired Hondas since I was a kid, but the first one we owned was a 2002 Accord LX 5-speed manual in blue that we got new at a big discount. Drove the 2002 until 2010 and about 90k miles. Our next Honda, which overlapped with the first one, was a 2008 Accord EXL navi in white, and by this time manuals were getting rare. Had to special order a manual from the factory, but got that one after a lot of waiting and enjoyed it for 8 years and 80k or so miles. My wife got a 2013 Accord EXL navi in red which we loved, but we traded that in at 60k or so on a 2018 Honda CR-V also in red that we currently own. I traded in my 08 Accord on a 2016 Accord EX in white that had for the first time AndroidAuto. That 2016 Accord was a great car except for one thing—after being spoiled by the sound systems in EXL Accords the one in the EX seemed pretty bad. And so I traded in the 2016 Accord for a 2018 Acura TLX, which I still have today.

Why so many Hondas? Well, before that we'd had other brands, including a 1987 VW Jetta and a 1988 Oldsmobile 98, both of which we'd gotten used, and both of which were quite unreliable and often in the shop. My wife and I were ready for reliable, and so far our Hondas and our one Acura (knock on wood) have always been that.
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
    Honda's new Prologue SUV EV will come out in 2024. It's not completely a Honda, because it will use GM's Ultium platform and powertrain system, and will be built in a GM factory. Still, I think it looks pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNYkZxWs-5E
    edited December 2023
    There's a recall for the fuel pump for our 2018 CR-V, which was confirmed by putting our vin# into the Honda site:

https://owners.honda.com/service-maintenance/recalls

Just made an service appt. for Dec. 28th. Hope they have the parts for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCRwh9Jw5Ao
    edited December 2023
    Blown head gaskets are an issue for some Accords and CR-Vs with the 1.5 turbo, as explained in this video. After watching it, we considered trading in our 2018 CR-V 1.5T with 52k miles, which according to Carmax still has a value of $20k. But a new hybrid CR-V (which doesn't have these issues bc it's not a turbo) would be about 40k with tax, and so 20k after the trade-in. A new head gasket apparently costs about 5k. Spending 20k to save 5k seems iffy. We decided instead, for now at least, to change the oil more frequently, use premium gas, hope for the best, and set $5k aside in savings in case it happens. But I'm disappointed in Honda's engineering with this engine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=age8_Mi5sEU&t=1s