Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Hello, can someone be able to help me out with leasing a 2019 elantra sport

Michael_DreMichael_Dre Member Posts: 7
edited April 2019 in Hyundai
I have to leave my current Hyundai lease early and roll in 5550 before I hit over mileage. If anyone can estimate a payment on a 36/15 Elantra sport AT with incentive in 07004 with MF and RV. I would much appreciate it

Answers

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,336

I have to leave my current Hyundai lease early and roll in 5550 before I hit over mileage. If anyone can estimate a payment on a 36/15 Elantra sport AT with incentive in 07004 with MF and RV. I would much appreciate it

Can't figure a payment without knowing the MSRP and negotiated selling price.

The miles are something like .20 or .25 per - do you plan to be 20,000 miles over the limit by the lease end?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    I have a print out of their quote that I can show you and maybe you can let me know if it’s a good price or it can be lower. 
  • Options
    Also it’s an early trade in, had the car a year and a half at I’m 5k under the return mileage, wanted to get rid of it early rather then continue to make payments and then roll in over mileage
  • Options
    Michaell said:
    Can't figure a payment without knowing the MSRP and negotiated selling price. The miles are something like .20 or .25 per - do you plan to be 20,000 miles over the limit by the lease end?
    See the above comment, forgot to tag your username, sorry I’m new to this 
  • Options

I have a print out of their quote that I can show you and maybe you can let me know if it’s a good price or it can be lower. 

Also it’s an early trade in, had the car a year and a half at I’m 5k under the return mileage, wanted to get rid of it early rather then continue to make payments and then roll in over mileage

Are you putting up $5300 cash out of pocket to start the new lease?

And, you're rolling over the cost of the miles now, by exiting the lease early. Why pay for miles you haven't used, rather than wait until the end of the lease and get value for them?

My point is, exiting a lease early is very rarely a wise financial decision.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Michaell said:
    Are you putting up $5300 cash out of pocket to start the new lease? And, you're rolling over the cost of the miles now, by exiting the lease early. Why pay for miles you haven't used, rather than wait until the end of the lease and get value for them? My point is, exiting a lease early is very rarely a wise financial decision.
    I do a lot of miles I’m currently on a 36Mo/10mi year lease, I’ve had the car 16 months and have 25200 miles (the car is a Hyundai) for me to switch out of the lease to another hyundai I won’t have to pay a return fee but just carry over my remaining payments either way I’m going to roll over a lot of money due to over mileage or remaining payments, the lease to the elentra sport would be 0 down, I’m just trying to see a better option of either leaving this lease early so I’m not paying the remaining 5550 in payments and an additional 4000+ in over mileage plus any wear and tear they add on, any advice would be much appreciated 
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,331

Michaell said:

And, you're rolling over the cost of the miles now, by exiting the lease early. Why pay for miles you haven't used, rather than wait until the end of the lease and get value for them?

I do a lot of miles I’m currently on a 36Mo/10mi year lease, I’ve had the car 16 months and have 25200 miles (the car is a Hyundai) for me to switch out of the lease to another hyundai I won’t have to pay a return fee but just carry over my remaining payments either way I’m going to roll over a lot of money due to over mileage or remaining payments, the lease to the elentra sport would be 0 down, I’m just trying to see a better option of either leaving this lease early so I’m not paying the remaining 5550 in payments and an additional 4000+ in over mileage plus any wear and tear they add on, any advice would be much appreciated 

I think if you do the math, you'll come out ahead just paying the mileage overage at lease end. You lose $5500 now, or $4000 at lease end? Better to just stay with it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:
    Michaell said:
    Are you putting up $5300 cash out of pocket to start the new lease? And, you're rolling over the cost of the miles now, by exiting the lease early. Why pay for miles you haven't used, rather than wait until the end of the lease and get value for them? My point is, exiting a lease early is very rarely a wise financial decision.
    I think if you do the math, you'll come out ahead just paying the mileage overage at lease end. You lose $5500 now, or $4000 at lease end? Better to just stay with it.
    I’m also looking at maintenance items that I’m going to have to replace such as tires and brakes which is going to tack onto the 4000
  • Options

kyfdx said:

Michaell said:

I do a lot of miles I’m currently on a 36Mo/10mi year lease, I’ve had the car 16 months and have 25200 miles (the car is a Hyundai) for me to switch out of the lease to another hyundai I won’t have to pay a return fee but just carry https://forums.edmunds.com/post/quote/55407/Comment_5685860over my remaining payments either way I’m going to roll over a lot of money due to over mileage or remaining payments, the lease to the elentra sport would be 0 down, I’m just trying to see a better option of either leaving this lease early so I’m not paying the remaining 5550 in payments and an additional 4000+ in over mileage plus any wear and tear they add on, any advice would be much appreciated 

I’m also looking at maintenance items that I’m going to have to replace such as tires and brakes which is going to tack onto the 4000

You have our thougths - what you decide to do is up to you. :wink:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator