Options

Buying Out Car....

mstrluckymstrlucky Member Posts: 91
edited May 2019 in Honda
Ok, so just left dealer and it's not worth it to roll the remaining 9 months of my lease into a new lease. What I think I'm going to do, and been seriously considering it is buy out my lease. The buyout is $20k and that seems like the going price for a 17' Honda Accord EX-L. I have 41k miles which is a bit high. Anyway I have a few questions.

1. Regarding the warranty he said there were two that were the same Honda Care and CEC(?? something like that), He said there cost was $1700( he showed me...lol) and they add $500 on it. So $2,200 for 6 years or 120k miles. Anyone heard of this CEC? Is this a fair price.
2. So I believe the Hybrid engine comes with standard 100k miles warranty. Is that true? I think he even said that. Id that true why would I need an extended warranty?

Any advice/input would be great. Def think I'm going to finance it tomorrow. Getting 5.99% through Honda.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 238,073
    Why not keep leasing it for the next 9 months? Why make that decision now?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    edited May 2019
    kyfdx said:

I'm going over miles. Going to buy it.
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,776
    mstrlucky said:

kyfdx said:

If you buy it at the end of the lease, you'll defer the higher payments you'll have until then.

You'll be over miles then, as well. And, it won't affect your buyout amount.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    mstrlucky said:

kyfdx said:

Ditto what @Michaell says.. If you buy out at the end of the lease, you won't pay over-mileage fees. That gives you 9 more months to evaluate if you want to own this vehicle long-term.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    edited May 2019
    OK, is anyone familiar with the CCC warranty? Guy said it was by Toyota which is weird if they are Honda. Also I'm concerned this car is going to have some problems shortly(been acting funny) and I'm past the coverage terms. Was thinking if I was more than likely buying the car I can do it now and get the warranty coverage. Thanks.
  • Options
    mstrlucky said:

OK, is anyone familiar with the CCC warranty? Guy said it was by Toyota which is weird if they are Honda. Also I'm concerned this car is going to have some problems shortly(been acting funny) and I'm past the coverage terms. Was thinking if I was more than likely buying the car I can do it now and get the warranty coverage. Thanks.

Third party warranties are something to be avoided.

If you really have to have a warranty, turn your car in at lease-end, and lease another one.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator