Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Land Rover Range Rover velar p250 S RV and MF

KillamarkgKillamarkg Member Posts: 28
edited May 2019 in Land Rover
Hi looking for any incentives in the 95691 area code and also the Mf and rv of a 2019 Range Rover velar p250 S for 36/10 and 24/10 and also 36/12 and 24/12

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,810

Hi looking for any incentives in the 95691 area code and also the Mf and rv of a 2019 Range Rover velar p250 S for 36/10 and 24/10 and also 36/12 and 24/12

24/12: .00184 MF and 63% residual
    36/12: .00088 MF and 58% residual

No lease incentives

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• adeelahsan2332adeelahsan2332 Member Posts: 11
    edited May 2019
    Hello i am looking to lease a Range Rover Velar R Dynamic SE P250 in Maryland. i am having the vehicle built and would recieve it in 3-4 months after i order it. as of now, this is the deal they are offering me.

MSRP - 65000
    Discount - 5000
    DownPayment - 5000(including fees)
    total MSRP including tax 64,310
    monthly payment 900
    36 MONTHS / 10,000 MILES

What is the money factor in Maryland right now?

I told them the payment is too high. i told them i want a payment of 750 or less, is that realistic? if not whats the lowest payment i can get?

Hello i am looking to lease a Range Rover Velar R Dynamic SE P250 in Maryland. i am having the vehicle built and would recieve it in 3-4 months after i order it. as of now, this is the deal they are offering me.

MSRP - 65000
    Discount - 5000
    DownPayment - 5000(including fees)
    total MSRP including tax 64,310
    monthly payment 900
    36 MONTHS / 10,000 MILES

What is the money factor in Maryland right now?

I told them the payment is too high. i told them i want a payment of 750 or less, is that realistic? if not whats the lowest payment i can get?

.00038 MF and 57% residual

Won't a vehicle that you get in September or later be a 2020 model?
    How can they quote you, when they don't know what the lease program will be, then?

Maryland collects tax on the full selling price, even on a lease. Yes, your payment seems high, but given the unknowns of the situation, I'm not surprised at the quote.

Why not just pick one off the lot?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

i doubt itll be a 2020 model that ill be recieving if i order a 2019.

I was thinking of picking one off the lot but its so hard to find everything i want thats on the lot. main thing is finding one with the 22 inch diamond cut rims.

idk im really considering picking one off the lot now that this seems way to confusing.
    Does anyone have any thoughts on the problems the velar comes with? Would you guys recommend me purchasing one? really want to know if im making the right decision before placing an order.
    Hey, can I have the updated Money factor and residual for this month for 20724?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,012

Hey, can I have the updated Money factor and residual for this month for 20724?

No changes

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

edited June 2019
    Hey, so no changes as in the money factor for June will be the same as May? or it hasn't been updated yet?

I'm having a really hard time with the dealership willing to give me the monthly payment rate that I want. The payment they are giving to me is 975 with 5,000 down.

I'm not sure what money factor they are giving me but do you have any idea what payment should be if the car totals out to 63,000 after all discounts and tax added?

Also, the dealer is telling me they can't tell me a range of what my payment will be since I am doing a build order, they said the Money Factor changes every month so they can't give me a rate since it'll take 4 months for the car to arrive. any thoughts on that or what I should counter that with?

I have a credit score of 740 but I don't have any previous auto loan,
    So i have a cosigner who has a score of 680 and just paid off an auto loan of 38,000.

I'm thinking payment should be at 750-800 max.

Hey, so no changes as in the money factor for June will be the same as May? or it hasn't been updated yet?

I'm having a really hard time with the dealership willing to give me the monthly payment rate that I want. The payment they are giving to me is 975 with 5,000 down.

I'm not sure what money factor they are giving me but do you have any idea what payment should be if the car totals out to 63,000 after all discounts and tax added?

Also, the dealer is telling me they can't tell me a range of what my payment will be since I am doing a build order, they said the Money Factor changes every month so they can't give me a rate since it'll take 4 months for the car to arrive. any thoughts on that or what I should counter that with?

I have a credit score of 740 but I don't have any previous auto loan,
    So i have a cosigner who has a score of 680 and just paid off an auto loan of 38,000.

I'm thinking payment should be at 750-800 max.

The new programs for June have been released, and there are no changes to the numbers from May.

LR dealers are notoriously hard to work with. It is true that the programs will change between now and when your ordered car will be delivered, and it's the program in effect at delivery that matters. Nobody can predict what they will look like.

What makes you think the payment should be $750-800/mo? Have you done any calculations?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

edited June 2019
    From your own experience, How have the last 6 months MF numbers been? Are their dramatic changes to the numbers as to where the monthly payment would go up or down hundreds of dollars? or are we talking 10, 20, 30, or 50 dollar changes to a monthly payment (Which is no problem for me)

Well, the issue here is that

Monday - when I first walked into the dealer with my build which was a 2019 velar s p250 which totaled out to 65,000 MSRP

I was given a 799 monthly payment, I negotiated and told him I will take off some features from the build so i can lower the payment which he came back to me with 761.

I did not give my credit info at the time.

Wednesday - After a few days, I gave him my credit application and a new build which was the R Dynamic SE P 250. the build came to the Same price as S P250 of MSRP 65,000
    (i changed it to r dynamic because it totaled out the same as a s p250 but with more features)

Now he's given me a monthly of 975 with 5,000 down.
    I asked why it's so high he said the trim levels can make a difference in the monthly and every customization has its own rate?

So he's saying if I add a Headup display RR will charge me their own rate and if I add suede cloth headliner they will charge me a rate for that AND so on.

I'm like isn't my payment based on my credit/income/Loan of car.

Friday - He called asking why I didn't place an order of the build yet I told him that the payment is too high I need you to lower it and lock me into a range of what my monthly will be even if that means changing my build back to the P 250 and not the R Dynamic.
    He told me Money factor changes every month so we can't lock you in.

But they won't go into detail. Like if I was him id says your monthly is 799 right now with today's Money Factor and Residual. If The car delivers in 4 months and the Money factor changes to this, your payment will be 835, etc

Basically, I feel as if they aren't giving me the real money factor which is making the payment high and also causing delays in ordering my vehicle and I don't think the Money factor is even a problem because the month just ended and nothing changed.

These are my calculations...

1. Sticker price (MSRP) of the car

$65,000

2. Times the residual value percentage

x 0.57

3. Equals the residual value

= $37,050

4. Negotiated selling price of the car

$60,000

5. Add in fees

+ $651.00

6. Add lines 4 and 5 to get gross capitalized cost

= $60,651

7. Subtract your down payment and rebates

- $5,000

8. This is your adjusted capitalized cost

= $55,651

+ 6 % Tax

= $58,990

9. Subtract the residual value from adjusted capitalized cost. This is your depreciation amount.
    $58,990 - $37,050

= $21,940

10. Divide the depreciation amount by number of months in your lease. This will be your base payment.
    $37,050/36

= $609.44

11. Add the adjusted capitalized cost and the residual value. Take the sum and multiply it by money factor. This is your monthly rent charge.
    ($58,990 + $37,050) x 0.00125

= $36.49

12. Add the rent charge to your base payment to get your pretax lease payment
    $$609.44 + $36.49

= $645.93

and we are talking tier 1 credit.

• dentru26dentru26 Member Posts: 15

From your own experience, How have the last 6 months MF numbers been? Are their dramatic changes to the numbers as to where the monthly payment would go up or down hundreds of dollars? or are we talking 10, 20, 30, or 50 dollar changes to a monthly payment (Which is no problem for me)

Well, the issue here is that

Monday - when I first walked into the dealer with my build which was a 2019 velar s p250 which totaled out to 65,000 MSRP

I was given a 799 monthly payment, I negotiated and told him I will take off some features from the build so i can lower the payment which he came back to me with 761.

I did not give my credit info at the time.

Wednesday - After a few days, I gave him my credit application and a new build which was the R Dynamic SE P 250. the build came to the Same price as S P250 of MSRP 65,000
    (i changed it to r dynamic because it totaled out the same as a s p250 but with more features)

Now he's given me a monthly of 975 with 5,000 down.
    I asked why it's so high he said the trim levels can make a difference in the monthly and every customization has its own rate?

So he's saying if I add a Headup display RR will charge me their own rate and if I add suede cloth headliner they will charge me a rate for that AND so on.

I'm like isn't my payment based on my credit/income/Loan of car.

Friday - He called asking why I didn't place an order of the build yet I told him that the payment is too high I need you to lower it and lock me into a range of what my monthly will be even if that means changing my build back to the P 250 and not the R Dynamic.
    He told me Money factor changes every month so we can't lock you in.

But they won't go into detail. Like if I was him id says your monthly is 799 right now with today's Money Factor and Residual. If The car delivers in 4 months and the Money factor changes to this, your payment will be 835, etc

Basically, I feel as if they aren't giving me the real money factor which is making the payment high and also causing delays in ordering my vehicle and I don't think the Money factor is even a problem because the month just ended and nothing changed.

These are my calculations...

1. Sticker price (MSRP) of the car

$65,000

2. Times the residual value percentage

x 0.57

3. Equals the residual value

= $37,050

4. Negotiated selling price of the car

$60,000

5. Add in fees

+ $651.00

6. Add lines 4 and 5 to get gross capitalized cost

= $60,651

7. Subtract your down payment and rebates

- $5,000

8. This is your adjusted capitalized cost

= $55,651

+ 6 % Tax

= $58,990

9. Subtract the residual value from adjusted capitalized cost. This is your depreciation amount.
    $58,990 - $37,050

= $21,940

10. Divide the depreciation amount by number of months in your lease. This will be your base payment.
    $37,050/36

= $609.44

11. Add the adjusted capitalized cost and the residual value. Take the sum and multiply it by money factor. This is your monthly rent charge.
    ($58,990 + $37,050) x 0.00125

= $36.49

12. Add the rent charge to your base payment to get your pretax lease payment
    $$609.44 + $36.49

= $645.93

and we are talking tier 1 credit.

I have had almost a similar exact conversation in my case with the dealer and they won't clarify why the payments would go high or low. My lease numbers are almost 85$ lower than theirs following the exact same steps you listed( I also ensured adding the dealer, doc fees etc.). I feel it's the markup on the MF that they charge which they somehow mask when they give you their quotes.
    Hey, thanks for responding, Yeah man i been going back and forth with the dealer for a while I just wanted a healthy payment but they are going crazy.

What's your MSRP?

What did your payment come out to be?

How much down are you putting?

What Credit Score do you have or what tier did you fall into?
  • dentru26dentru26 Member Posts: 15
    Hey, thanks for responding, Yeah man i been going back and forth with the dealer for a while I just wanted a healthy payment but they are going crazy. What's your MSRP? What did your payment come out to be? How much down are you putting? What Credit Score do you have or what tier did you fall into?
    MSRP:51200
    payments coming to 685(pre tax) which is obviously higher than what I am seeing. Now they came back saying in June the numbers changed to lower the payments by 30$ but won’t tell what changed. 
    only putting down first months payment 
    TierA scores 
  • adeelahsan23322adeelahsan23322 Member Posts: 4
    Do you guys think this a good deal

2019 Range Rover Velar R Dynamic
    MSRP 73,000
    Final price 63,000
    miles on car 4.000

credit tier1
    down payment 4,000
    payment 849.00

Any input?

Do you guys think this a good deal

2019 Range Rover Velar R Dynamic
    MSRP 73,000
    Final price 63,000
    miles on car 4.000

credit tier1
    down payment 4,000
    payment 849.00

Any input?

At least four trims with R-Dynamic in the title. Which trim is this?

What term and mileage allowance?
    What is your location?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited June 2019
    2019 LAND ROVER RANGE ROVER VELAR P250 SE R-DYNAMIC 4WD

39 months - 10k miles
    location is 20724

I also got an option to finance with 4,000 down and was given a payment of 1100.

Would finance a velar be smarter? i always thought range rovers don't keep their value and lose it quickly, but the residuals are saying they keep 57% of their value? so if I wanted to sell the range rover after 3 years and had like 35,000 miles on it would I lose a lot of money?

if i want to finance and i have tier 1 credit and 95k a year salary. how much monthly shoukd i get if i put down like 4000-5000 down?

2019 LAND ROVER RANGE ROVER VELAR P250 SE R-DYNAMIC 4WD

39 months - 10k miles
    location is 20724

I also got an option to finance with 4,000 down and was given a payment of 1100.

Would finance a velar be smarter? i always thought range rovers don't keep their value and lose it quickly, but the residuals are saying they keep 57% of their value? so if I wanted to sell the range rover after 3 years and had like 35,000 miles on it would I lose a lot of money?

if i want to finance and i have tier 1 credit and 95k a year salary. how much monthly shoukd i get if i put down like 4000-5000 down?

I wouldn't expect the lease residual values to reflect real-world values. Often, the banks inflate the residual to get the payment lower.

I'm not sure I'd lease or buy a Velar, at all. Most LR dealers aren't great to work with, and I'm not convinced of either short term or long term reliability.

They do look nice, however.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Hm yeah man i been reading a lot of comments on forums and they say the car has many infotainment problems. I think the biggest thing that bothers me is that if the car has problems and its in the shop all the time what would I drive and how is it fair I make payments on the car while its in shop. I just worked out a deal but in being indecisive,

I have tier 1 credit and they said the bank won't approve the lease because of my income but they can get a finance approval.