Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

M/F - Residuel 2019 Tesla Model 3

OddsmakerOddsmaker Member Posts: 67
edited April 2019 in Tesla
Hello, Tesla released new leasing option for their Model 3. Please provide: Residual MF 36/10 Zip: 92691 Incentive?
Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    dsafian1dsafian1 Member Posts: 31
    Hi Do you have current RSV / MF Incentives / Tax credit
    numbers for TESLA Model 3 in 90046? Thank you!
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,337
    dsafian1 said:

Hi Do you have current RSV / MF Incentives / Tax credit
    numbers for TESLA Model 3 in 90046? Thank you!

We do not have any Tesla lease program information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    newcarshopper7newcarshopper7 Member Posts: 10
    I got a lease quote from Tesla in NY for the Standard Range Plus 36mo/12k mi for $419/mo - this does not include taxes. You have the option of paying the tax upfront or roll it in, but they tack on interest on the tax if you roll.

MSRP $38990
    Residual $26793 (is that 68.7%?)
    MF .002271
    Lease interest rate: 5.45%
    Incentive - $2000 tax rebate will be deducted from first payment Due. There's a $1875 federal tax credit, but I'm not sure how it works out. They told me that it gets calculated in the payment, but I've read that it goes to Tesla.

The residual on the LR AWD is $32,865 (68.5%?)

Compared to deals you can get with non electric cars (better % off retail price, money factor, incentives), it's not a great deal, but I guess it's not terrible?
  • Options

I got a lease quote from Tesla in NY for the Standard Range Plus 36mo/12k mi for $419/mo - this does not include taxes. You have the option of paying the tax upfront or roll it in, but they tack on interest on the tax if you roll.

MSRP $38990
    Residual $26793 (is that 68.7%?)
    MF .002271
    Lease interest rate: 5.45%
    Incentive - $2000 tax rebate will be deducted from first payment Due. There's a $1875 federal tax credit, but I'm not sure how it works out. They told me that it gets calculated in the payment, but I've read that it goes to Tesla.

The residual on the LR AWD is $32,865 (68.5%?)

Compared to deals you can get with non electric cars (better % off retail price, money factor, incentives), it's not a great deal, but I guess it's not terrible?

That's ok, but we don't have anything to compare it to.

Residual is usually a whole number percentage.

You don't get the tax credit when you lease, as you aren't the owner. But, Tesla can offer incentives to compensate.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    newcarshopper7newcarshopper7 Member Posts: 10
    Michaell said:

You don't get the tax credit when you lease, as you aren't the owner. But, Tesla can offer incentives to compensate.

Thanks for your reply. I found out that NY is actually one of few states that receive the federal tax credit. Tesla gets the credit and it's calculated into the lease.

Compared to non EV leases, Tesla seems like it's not a great deal because they don't offer discounts off MSRP, and lack of incentives. You also don't get the option to purchase at the end of the lease.

I test drove one, and I want one as I feel that it's very unique, and no other car like it. However, there are better deals if you go with other brands. Other things to consider are: need to install a NEMA 14-50 outlet, less milage in cold weather, etc.

It will be nice to not have to pay for gas, or oil changes. Only thing I would have to worry about during the lease would be the tires as everything else should be covered under warranty.

• Options

Michaell said:

Thanks for your reply. I found out that NY is actually one of few states that receive the federal tax credit. Tesla gets the credit and it's calculated into the lease.

Compared to non EV leases, Tesla seems like it's not a great deal because they don't offer discounts off MSRP, and lack of incentives. You also don't get the option to purchase at the end of the lease.

I test drove one, and I want one as I feel that it's very unique, and no other car like it. However, there are better deals if you go with other brands. Other things to consider are: need to install a NEMA 14-50 outlet, less milage in cold weather, etc.

It will be nice to not have to pay for gas, or oil changes. Only thing I would have to worry about during the lease would be the tires as everything else should be covered under warranty.

Tesla seems to be a love / hate thing. Lots here in CO, as we have some of the best state incentives for EVs ($5000, I think). But, don't know if they apply to leases.

A friend of a friend has one, but I've not ever driven or ridden in one.

I guess I'm just not ready to make the leap to an EV, just yet.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator