Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    Maybe once she tries the Sonic the Accent will suddenly be much more appealing!
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,934
    pensfan83 said:

qbrozen said:

mjfloyd1 said:

@qbrozen - how is the knee?

awful. Thank you for asking.

It is incredibly aggravating. I was actually moving around much better yesterday. Enough so that, while my wife was out shopping, I thought "let me go get the mail." On my way down the front path, I noticed our inflatable Santa was tilted. One of the retaining ropes had come untied. Ok, easy enough, fixed. Then as I stepped back onto the path, another retaining rope caught the foot connected to that very knee. OMG. That was brutal. The words that poured forth from my mouth ... anyway, luckily I had my cell. Called my eldest in the house to bring out my crutches. A good deal of swelling (not that it wasn't swollen before) has since returned. I'd say, after first injury, it was maybe 33% larger than normal, went down to about 15% or so, and now back up to 25%.
    Whoa, what did I miss?
    I think we wound up in wrong discussion. In the other busy topic, I shared that I have torn my ACL.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Member Posts: 3,271
    qbrozen said:

pensfan83 said:

qbrozen said:

mjfloyd1 said:

It is incredibly aggravating. I was actually moving around much better yesterday. Enough so that, while my wife was out shopping, I thought "let me go get the mail." On my way down the front path, I noticed our inflatable Santa was tilted. One of the retaining ropes had come untied. Ok, easy enough, fixed. Then as I stepped back onto the path, another retaining rope caught the foot connected to that very knee. OMG. That was brutal. The words that poured forth from my mouth ... anyway, luckily I had my cell. Called my eldest in the house to bring out my crutches. A good deal of swelling (not that it wasn't swollen before) has since returned. I'd say, after first injury, it was maybe 33% larger than normal, went down to about 15% or so, and now back up to 25%.
    Whoa, what did I miss?
    I think we wound up in wrong discussion. In the other busy topic, I shared that I have torn my ACL.
    Getting ACL reconstruction?
    mjfloyd1 said:

qbrozen said:

pensfan83 said:

qbrozen said:

mjfloyd1 said:

Whoa, what did I miss?
    Getting ACL reconstruction?
    Seems to be the plan thus far. Meeting with doc tues afternoon.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• marcogallo1986marcogallo1986 Member Posts: 1,164
    @qB o man good luck
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,968
    Well, the ordeal is over, and it got a bit well, annoying. We just got home about 9 pm tonight. Met the girls at the Chevy store at about 11 this morning. Drove the Sonic, nice enough vehicle. A Sonic LT RS, the sport version, with the alloy wheels on 17" tires, a rear spoiler, special mats, a leather steering wheel and shifter, in a beautiful white. Decided she liked the gray metallic better, so drove that one. Same vehicle, same equipment. I came in with the Truecar.com pricing from the Miami Lakes Chevy, where we were, and the Chevy store a few miles away so I'd know where I wanted to be.
    The vehicle price on Truecar was $15,211 before taxes and tag. The guy left did the math and came back with a price over $19,300!! I about flipped out! Told him his numbers made no sense. Then he shows me all the extra fees they have. Window etching, seal coating, nitrogen in the tires. I said no, all I want to pay is the Truecar price plus the taxes and the tag. Their regular dealer fee was already in there from what he said. Either way, it wasn't worth it.
    There was another Hyundai store a few doors down. Figured, what the hell, let's give this one more shot. The kid didn't want to go all the way back to the other Hyundai place as she felt they were a bit too sleezy. So, went to this other Hyundai place and said if you can match or beat the other offer, in the color she wants and with the door edge guards, we're buying right now. Goes to see his manager, comes back and asks for her hospital i d which is at home. He said, go home and get me a copy and we'll do the deal. They beat the other Hyundai store, so we got the SE with door edge guards which we'll have to go back for but we got a "We Owe You" form detailing the door edge guards. They also threw in the 5K, 10K & 15K oil changes.
    Took a bit for them to o get the vehicle. It's beautiful, a dark gray Accent SE sedan. Got out of there about 6:45, they close at 7. Parked my car at the Costco next door. I drove the new Accent back to her apartment while the girls followed in the Audi. Take it into her indoor garage, back it in to a parking space so she'll have an easy go of it tomorrow afternoon for work, and then I drove the A3 back to get my Golf.
    Long [non-permissible content removed] day, we're both exhausted from three days of crunching numbers and emails up the gazoo! But it's a done deal, she's thrilled and she got a great deal.

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,515
    sounds like a nice car. I am sure she will really learn to appreciate all the upgrades in the last decade.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

@ Send man, just came back in here to check the comments again, was going to ask how it all went I’m glad your deals all over but the base trim level one right, but I’m sure we upgraded over what she had before.
    @ Brian, nice car you got the Cadillac sounds lovely good luck with it glad you’re enjoying it so far.
    Anyone else do any car looking this weekend? Just hung out with the neighbors had a few drinks and good food last night. 3 hung out with some friends and had some good food at the Spillers L house near me. And of course chores and things around. No car stuff for me the past month or so.
    Waiting on See when can bring the Thunderbird to the shop or my cousin goes to have some work done but you know I’m better off going to a random shop and have the work done already what I’ve done in the past. Just a little frustrating with that so the car just sits it’s Weather Rizing for the winter I put some dryer sheets in the interior and fuel stabilizer in the gas tank last week.
    Also it’s a hassle finding a driver for next year‘s car show season I’m already on that posting in groups but no one seems to respond or take me seriously very very frustrating guys. Is it a crime for me to like what I like I don’t think so and I will never stop. even if I had not the little bit of vision that I have now, I would still be liking the same exact stuff don’t care what anyone says. I have a friend of mine who is from Chicago that owns his own mechanic shop for years he’s been totally blind from day one. And his son and friends help him out. And he also has this Dodge dart that he’s had forever. His son gallon McQueen engine and transmission filter eventually gonna put in it.
    The Hyundai store had maybe 20 new 2020 Venues in stock, one white SEL in the showroom. The store across the street has zero in stock! Crazy. Anyways, they had a Denim Edition unit outside but I couldn't find it. I didn't go far enough out it seems. But, sat in the one in the showroom. It's an outstanding vehicle!!! And I'm now in lust. Asked or sales guy aout it and he said there's no discount at this time as it's too new. I said no problem, I can wait. I still want to check out the Kia Seltos and the new 2020 Golf before I commit anyways. I've decided to treat myself for my 65th birthday with a new 2020 vehicle. Just not sure which of those three it'll be. This much I do know, I've finally at the point where I'm about ready to let go of my current Golf for something newer.
    I sat in a white over black/white Venu SEL. Had a sunroof, special 17" alloys, Apple CarPlay/Android Audio, 90 days of Sirius radio and a bunch of other goodies, those safety things I want. The seating position is similar to the Tucson I used to have, I could slide in and out. A 7" tablet style infotainment center. It's just about perfect! But I still need to see the Seltos and of course, the new Golf. The pic of the Seltos interior that I've seen has an infotainment center like the one in their new Telluride, a bit wider than the unit in the Venue. And it's also supposed to have a Bose audio system. Now, that's something that could put the Seltos at the top of my list if it sounds as good as I hope it does. And want to see the alloy wheels. Both of those things could actually make me get the Kia. But still, want to also see what VW is coming out with in the new Golf. It will probably come down to those two vehicles but, I can wait a bit until at least they start dealing a bit on them. I don't have to have a first year model. Done that twice before even though I've always said I'd never do that.
    So, now I just have to be patient and wait. That I can easily do to be honest. I just put on new sneakers on the Golf plus I re-upped the 3-year alignment policy also. Sure, it is transferable once, so even if I get the Seltos, it'll just go onto that. So, best to bide my time here and be patient. Wait maybe six to eight months until the novelty wears off and dealers are ready to deal on these new vehicles. Then I'll strike and make my best deal. I can always test drive the Venue once the neighborhood store gets inventory in just to see how it drives. That I can easily do. As I've gotten older, I've learned that patience is really a virtue, and I don't need to be an early adopter on anything. Wait until the market gets saturated a bit and it ill, these vehicles are that good!
    Also, saw the new 2020 Sonata next to the Venue. In a maroon color over two-tone brown. Stunning is the only word that comes to mind...it's a stunning vehicle!!!

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• jmonroejmonroe Member Posts: 8,989
    Nice work @Sandy. FWIW, I think the Accent was the better way to go. Your girls, all of them, owe you a few hugs.

Good fatherly work.

jmonroe

'15 Genesis V8 with Ultimate Package and '18 Legacy Limited 6 cyl

So, Corvette, please put another purchase in the total for the 2019 model year. I, we, just purchased a gray 2020 Hyundai Accent SE for my second daughter, the pharmacist. She paid for it since it is her car, but the wife and I, we did the deal with her. Was a bit exhausting, but we got it done.
    We were very unhappy with the Chevy store and their dishonesty. Why show a Truecar price online and then add all those ridiculous fees! We would've bought the Sonic if they had just crossed them out. But the sales guy refused, so we left. A bit too sleezy for me!!!

this is a neat car. I assume it is a pretty rare bird.

https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/1306649

and what might be the most stripped 2019 X3 in the country. Since the only option on it is the paint color, so I guess you would have to find a black one to be slightly cheaper!

https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/1294292

Marco, she got the "SE" version. There's three others I think, the "S", the "SEL" and the "Limited". Hers slots in at #2. She's happy with it and didn't want to go any higher for some reason. Coming home tonight while going to pick up my Golf, told my wife, if it were me, I'd of gotten the "Limited" model as I would want the sunroof, Sirius radio, the 17" alloys plus the nice seating surfaces. I even told her I'd be very proud to have an Accent as my daily driver and not feel as I've bought a cheap vehicle. I'd be o k driving one of them but again, I'd go with either of the top two models with the top being my real choice.
    Hers has 15" wheels and drove very nicely, accelerated so much better than her 2008 GLS. Can just imagine how good it wold be with those 17" alloys and tires.

SE is the base version. So no alloys, touchscreen, blue tooth voice recognition or carplay/android auto. That is what she got?

Jmonroe, the kid sent me a text once we got home thanking me and her mom for doing all we did these past 10 days to get her through this. She's very thankful, which I know is true. My wife told me earlier, on their way home last night, they saw an accident right in front of them and she said my daughter got really scared again. So there's still that fear lurking in her mind. As a parent, it was my job to get her through this bump in the road if you will, it was both our jobs. No matter how old they get, we're still going to be there for them, something my folks never did. But I'm me and not my dad or mom for that matter, our kids come first...and always will. As long as I'm on this earth, when they call, I'll be there to give or do whatever they need. That's a parents job and I know, one day later on, when I need them, that they'll be there for us, no mater what. I love my kids more than anything on this earth, and that will never change...ever, till the day I die!

Yep Stick, that would be correct. But I really thought there was an "S" version. But I could be wrong! Won't be the first time...and certainly not the last!

to each their own, but man, for very little money, moving up one trim level to an SEL adds so much nice stuff. I could never give that up for the price delta. But, I guess coming form a 2008 version, might not realize everything it is missing!

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,140
    Congrats on the deal Sandy, Maybe this was a blessing in disguise, now your baby is in a safer new car that will no doubt provide years of worry-free operation.

Makes me think of something. My mom has an XV30 Camry, maintained by the book and only has around 90K miles on it. It has been virtually faultless in the decade + she has owned it. A few months ago, my brother started a new job, and has a ~40 mile daily commute. He's been "borrowing" the Camry from her, as it is more comfortable, safer, and gets better mileage than his old S10. I think it might come time to encourage her to give him or "sell" him the Camry and maybe get something newer - she's retired now, so doesn't have endless cash flow, but I'd like to see her in something with more safety equipment. She'd be after a Corolla or Camry without a doubt, or maybe a CUV (but she likes trunks).
  • breldbreld Member Posts: 6,710
    stickguy said:

this is a neat car. I assume it is a pretty rare bird.

https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/1306649

and what might be the most stripped 2019 X3 in the country. Since the only option on it is the paint color, so I guess you would have to find a black one to be slightly cheaper!

https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/1294292

Nice wagon. T5 may leave the car a bit underpowered, but probably just fine for everyday driving.

I've seen waves of stripped 2019 X3's here and there - I've gotta think they're used a luxury rental cars and then auctioned off. There's an Infiniti/Alfa dealership here that had several of them recently - good inventory to have here in CO I imagine.

2024 Audi Q8 e-tron - 2024 Corvette - 2024 BMW X5 - 2023 Tesla Model Y

• breldbreld Member Posts: 6,710
    Congrats Sandy on your daughter's Accent. As has been mentioned, I think it all worked out for the better - the Sonic was actually a good sub-compact for its time, but it's quite old at this point.

2024 Audi Q8 e-tron - 2024 Corvette - 2024 BMW X5 - 2023 Tesla Model Y

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,084
    A young lady whose parents live nearby and who lived with them until this past spring had for many years tooled around in a base model 2008-ish Corolla, refrigerator white, and looking somewhat shabby in recent times. I would see her coming and going to work every day in it and most days she even had lunch at home so it was doing a lot of short trips as she worked not far away. You could not find a more anonymous, utilitarian-looking car. I don't know if she married, moved in with a boyfriend or what, but recently when she has stopped by to visit the folks she is piloting a shiny new Cadillac XT4. Must be quite the change!

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,349

So, Corvette, please put another purchase in the total for the 2019 model year. I, we, just purchased a gray 2020 Hyundai Accent SE for my second daughter, the pharmacist. She paid for it since it is her car, but the wife and I, we did the deal with her. Was a bit exhausting, but we got it done.
    We were very unhappy with the Chevy store and their dishonesty. Why show a Truecar price online and then add all those ridiculous fees! We would've bought the Sonic if they had just crossed them out. But the sales guy refused, so we left. A bit too sleezy for me!!!

I always find it amusing when dealers play hardball on pricing of models which aren’t moving over the curb without the help of plastic explosives. Domestic dealers tend to be the worst in my experience.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

@ And man, congratulations again to your daughter on the punch as long as she’s happy with it that’s what matters. Now onto your car shopping the next 6 to 8 months. Was looking at the menus online early this morning when I couldn’t sleep, the local dealer over here has quite a few I think more or SENSEL once. Can you go to the storage lot soon with my cousin to see if they have them there and consider them or just go to the dealer which is right here too as well. Other two on your list so nice to all worth checking out before you make a decision sounds like a good 2020 plan for you. You and your wife so much awesome parents that we should be.
    @ And man, sorry the above is a bit screwed up I guess I did a little too fast talking ha ha Ha so I hope you’re able to understand it.
  • jmonroejmonroe Member Posts: 8,989

@ And man, sorry the above is a bit screwed up I guess I did a little too fast talking ha ha Ha so I hope you’re able to understand it.

@Marco, you gotta put a governor on that high HP machine you have. :o

jmonroe

'15 Genesis V8 with Ultimate Package and '18 Legacy Limited 6 cyl

Marco, got it all. Thanks!!

Stick, totally agree with you but she got what she wanted. That's what is important. I tried a few times to get her to move up to the "SEL" edition even but, she wasn't having it. So I stopped and listened to what she was saying. Unfortunately, having the accident right outside her apartment is something she's reliving in her mind daily right now. And to then see that other accident on Saturday night, just compounded her anxiety right now. So, I knew I needed to tread lightly here. She even told us to just go buy it and bring it home to her but we persuaded her to come with us. She was close to tears a few times my wife said and we even had or oldest girl talk to her on the face time thing on their Apple phones to calm her down.
    She's fine now, happy this morning and thanking us again. We told her to just concentrate on getting back to normal, give back today's day off and go to work, which she's doing. Best to get her mind off this car stuff now and move on. In a few days, it'll all be in the past and then, we need to get into our festive Hanakkah mood.
    I'm leaving for Orlando Saturday morning for 8 days to relax and stay at the kids house. Going to see an old fraternity buddy while I'm there and just relax. It's been a busy year and I just need some peace and quiet.

• pensfan83pensfan83 Member Posts: 2,555
    kyfdx said:

M240 is a relative steal. At that price point the smiles-to-dollars ratio is quite good.

52K miles on a 2017 is kind of stiff.

But, that looks like a car that I need....
    I would love it, but that's too much $$$ for a weekend car. My budget would be roughly a third of asking price. Maybe a bit higher for the right car.
    1997 Honda Prelude Base - 2022 Acura MDX Type S Advance - 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road - 2006 BMW 330Ci ZHP
    Am usually a very calm guy but, that Chevy store really really pissed me off. My wife & kid saw it and knew to let me be! Calmed down within a few minutes but felt I needed a shower really as that store was so sleezy. Why give a TrueCar price and then add extra hidden fees in small lettering. He tried to get it by me but when I saw an amount for over $19K for a Chevy Sonic, a fuse went off in my head.
    Anyways, she got a nicer vehicle for a lot less money. Great color to. For me though, only an "SEL" would work. Like the alloys and a sunroof is always fun. A better audio system is a must also. But she's got a usb port so she can charge her cell and an aux port to listen to her iPod if she wants. She usually drives without any noise as where she lives now, there's a lot of traffic. She's moving in April on the other side of the big mall where they'll be less traffic and an easier commute to work. She works second shift, 3pm to 11:30 pm, so she's driving home at night. I'm not pleased about the situation but just have to deal with it. Hopefully when we move in a few years, she'll also move to a hospital near us in Central Florida so we'll all be within 10 or so miles of each other. This way, the girls can come and go as they please as they like touching base with us on a frequent basis. Our son, he's just the opposite so we take as much as he's willing to give. We don't push him on anything. We just want them to be happy up in the cold...and they seem to be!

• 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,385
    kyfdx said:

When you have two cars, and the newest one is an ‘08, any car can be passed off as my new “daily driver”, resulting in an increase in the theoretical budget.

Which is how I justified the Fit. “Hey, it’s a lot cheaper than a new GTI. That is my other choice, honey”. :p

Your car budget has been quite low.

Also, the Fit is just as much an experiment - "how cheaply can I buy a car and get it back up to reliable status?"
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI

Am usually a very calm guy but, that Chevy store really really pissed me off. My wife & kid saw it and knew to let me be! Calmed down within a few minutes but felt I needed a shower really as that store was so sleezy. Why give a TrueCar price and then add extra hidden fees in small lettering. He tried to get it by me but when I saw an amount for over $19K for a Chevy Sonic, a fuse went off in my head.
    Anyways, she got a nicer vehicle for a lot less money. Great color to. For me though, only an "SEL" would work. Like the alloys and a sunroof is always fun. A better audio system is a must also. But she's got a usb port so she can charge her cell and an aux port to listen to her iPod if she wants. She usually drives without any noise as where she lives now, there's a lot of traffic. She's moving in April on the other side of the big mall where they'll be less traffic and an easier commute to work. She works second shift, 3pm to 11:30 pm, so she's driving home at night. I'm not pleased about the situation but just have to deal with it. Hopefully when we move in a few years, she'll also move to a hospital near us in Central Florida so we'll all be within 10 or so miles of each other. This way, the girls can come and go as they please as they like touching base with us on a frequent basis. Our son, he's just the opposite so we take as much as he's willing to give. We don't push him on anything. We just want them to be happy up in the cold...and they seem to be!

just curious, but did you click all the way through on truecar to get the price including all fees? If they didn't honor it, I believe there is a button on truecar to report it. When I got my EX35, the Hyundai SM tried to add stuff, but I showed him the printout showing the total with all fees and he relented.

Another cool car, but off the charts crazy price for the miles.
    https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/d/seattle-rare-6-speed-acura-tl-type-spec/7039233082.html
  • tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,604
    "iconic" lol...

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

tifighter said:

"iconic" lol...
    I mean there is a grain of truth in that - TL Type S models bring stupid money on BaT (with 1/3 the miles). But not at $14k for a car with 170k miles on it.
  • pensfan83pensfan83 Member Posts: 2,555
    Beautiful car but priced like one with roughly half the miles.
    1997 Honda Prelude Base - 2022 Acura MDX Type S Advance - 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road - 2006 BMW 330Ci ZHP
    Q, to be honest, no, as I didn't think it was the right vehicle for her going forward. It felt like it was a decade behind the others and it's really a plain looking thing even with the spoiler and sports stuff added. Felt more like a 2009 vehicle than a 2019. And like they say, put lipstick on a pig...and it's still a pig! No, I felt the Accent was and still is the best vehicle for her and what she really needs. It's just an appliance to her, just like my wife. My older girl, she's more like me. She wants the nicer looking wheels, a sunroof, a good audio system...it's important that her car looks just so. And she's willing to spend a little extra to get it, like I am. The others two just want to spend the least they can except my wife does require as many safety nannies as possible. My next vehicle will have as many as possible also as I've had too many close calls these past few years driving as much as I do. I'm willing to pay extra for them also!
    Now, looks like I'm going to give it about 6 months or so. Then, will test drive my three choices and go with the one that drives the best with the most features. Willing to edge towards the $30K mark but it has to be just perfect. And I can wait till I find it. And just like the Golf, I'll know within minutes which that'll be and then, we'll sit down and negotiate!

• xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,789
    qbrozen said:

mjfloyd1 said:

I don't mean to laugh, but... that is just typical of life's little curve balls. It never ends until it ends. ;)
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,789
    qbrozen said:

Seems to be the plan thus far. Meeting with doc tues afternoon.

Oh, good. There should be plenty of time for another fall or two before then! :D
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
    Question for all you folks with turbo engines. I know the synthetic oil companies say one can go about 10K between changes. But I'm a bit conservative, and do them around the 7500 mark. Right now, I'm at about the 4K mark and my car just showed me a notice that I'm 1000 miles away from needing a change again. 5K intervals seem a bit to close for me so what's the feeling amongst you folks? Do I wait till the 7.5K

Pretty sore here still. Sunday early morning, like 3:40 am, went to the bathroom and came back to bed but missed the bed and ended up on the floor! I walked in, put my cane in it's resting spot on the side of the bed and proceeded to fall sideways into my side of the bed but must've missed as next thing I know, I'm on the floor after hitting my right shoulder on the bed. My wife was down in Miami, so got myself up and got back into bed. Thought I was dreaming but when I woke up, my whole right side was hurting and continues to do so today. crazy freak thing but am still having balance issues, so am reluctant to give up the cane.
    Getting older kinda sucks when you body doesn't work properly!!

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,084
    Depending on the car and how its computer does those calculations of oil life, 2 things come to mind. Either you have been doing a lot of short trips, which reduces the mileage between oil changes (which I think unlikely in your case) or possibly the garage failed to reset the computer after your last change.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,421
    Looks like someone is trying to flip the car for a profit. "I recently restored..." translates into I bought the car for $4K (maybe $4,500). What's with the staged pics in the woods? A very cool car and very nicely done, but that's a lot of money for 170,000 miles.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    Those are crazy popular. They are a little rare, but with that mileage, I don’t car how much work they did, or the reputation of Acuras to go xxx,xxx miles, that is a very, very optimistic price.

Still, looks in nice shape.!
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
    We were on the highway the other day and, as driving past a Ridgeline, I pointed it out and said "so they have really good lease deals on those right now." Wife said, "Nope. I'm fine with what I have right now."

Guess she didn't get the hint I was pointing it out for ME. I didn't even try to correct her. Maybe she did know what I was saying but that was her answer anyway. lol.

• corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,262
    edited December 2019

Question for all you folks with turbo engines. I know the synthetic oil companies say one can go about 10K between changes. But I'm a bit conservative, and do them around the 7500 mark. Right now, I'm at about the 4K mark and my car just showed me a notice that I'm 1000 miles away from needing a change again. 5K intervals seem a bit to close for me so what's the feeling amongst you folks? Do I wait till the 7.5K

Is this the Golf? On my Jetta GLI, the countdown was a hard 10,000 miles or 1 year since the previous reset. It didn’t appear to monitor driving conditions beyond that. Is it possible the shop forgot to reset the counter the last time you had it changed? Also, I guess it’s possible VW could’ve changed the algorithm. I’d check my receipts in case the shop forgot to reset the monitor.