Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Have a lease on 2017 XE - but car has continuous issues

SimianMajorSimianMajor Member Posts: 7
edited February 2020 in Jaguar
So I am wondering what options I have and how to pursue them ...

Basic details are as follows
My lease expires this December
Vehicle has had constant leak issues whenever it sees torrential rain - possibly even under heavy rain too, but not for sure - where carpet on drivers side and rear passenger floor are saturated.
It has been in for repair for leaks now for a third time - after the second time the dealership replaced all the carpets and sound proofing on floor.

So is there a way out of the lease - hate paying for something that doesn't work as expected/specified OR what sort of compensation or remuneration ought I expect or push for?

Cheers

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,068

So I am wondering what options I have and how to pursue them ...

Basic details are as follows
    My lease expires this December
    Vehicle has had constant leak issues whenever it sees torrential rain - possibly even under heavy rain too, but not for sure - where carpet on drivers side and rear passenger floor are saturated.
    It has been in for repair for leaks now for a third time - after the second time the dealership replaced all the carpets and sound proofing on floor.

So is there a way out of the lease - hate paying for something that doesn't work as expected/specified OR what sort of compensation or remuneration ought I expect or push for?

Cheers

No way out of the lease.

But, you have all of the rights of any owner, otherwise. If the car is under warranty, keep taking it in, and insist on a service loaner.

You could always make an appointment with the General Manager of the dealership, and ask him for some compensation. Even if the dealership isn't willing, he may go to bat for you with Jaguar.

But, to be clear... this isn't really an unusual case for a Jag. They may just blow you off, as they hear it all day, every day. :(

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• SimianMajorSimianMajor Member Posts: 7
    Thanks ... tbh the dealership have been really good about it; am talking with the Sales Manager to see what he might be able to do with Chase/Jag about $ options - but think he'd really like to get me into another new JLR lease!!!
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,253

Thanks ... tbh the dealership have been really good about it; am talking with the Sales Manager to see what he might be able to do with Chase/Jag about $ options - but think he'd really like to get me into another new JLR lease!!!

Well, of course they would.

Question is ... do you want another one?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Michaell said:

TBH ... not another Jag - have had 2 now -and needs have evolved ... the only one that interests is a Land Rover Discovery; but the deal has to be right or we just wait this lease out ... where the $ back from Chase/Jag option would be the preferred path

Michaell said:

TBH ... not another Jag - have had 2 now -and needs have evolved ... the only one that interests is a Land Rover Discovery; but the deal has to be right or we just wait this lease out ... where the $ back from Chase/Jag option would be the preferred path

Keep us posted on how this turns out. Getting out of your existing lease early will be expensive, unless the dealer and JLR step up and do the right thing by you. Being a repeat customer can't hurt.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

So after a week ... still at the point of 'dealership having discussions with JLR Corporate about next steps or offers' ...
    Good job I am not holding my breath !!!
    ;-)

So after a week ... still at the point of 'dealership having discussions with JLR Corporate about next steps or offers' ...
    Good job I am not holding my breath !!!
    ;-)

Good luck!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

So went in this morning - my XE was ready after another leak fix on the A pillar - was met by sales guy with the following offer ... they were not in a position to offer any rebate/discount on my remaining lease, but had the following on a 2020 LR Discovery Sport S

JLR would cover 3 months of current lease; roll over remaining 6 payments into new lease; reduce MSRP from 52K to $45K and with zero down on a 39mth/10K and 60% RV quoted $699 a month - before the added extras like servicing tire protection etc ...

So said "No thanks - just doesn't add up to a good deal for me" ... rolling over 6 months of remaining lease effectively meant there was only 5.5% reduction in MSRP. Pulled out my phone calculator and said by my reckoning the MF was around 0.0027 (around 6.5% APR).

I said that I wasn't going to spend all day haggling - that I was taking this as their best offer - and it was a 'No' from me.

So drove home my now dry XE and unless they get real excited I'm just going to wait out my current lease to term and go shopping around ...

So went in this morning - my XE was ready after another leak fix on the A pillar - was met by sales guy with the following offer ... they were not in a position to offer any rebate/discount on my remaining lease, but had the following on a 2020 LR Discovery Sport S

JLR would cover 3 months of current lease; roll over remaining 6 payments into new lease; reduce MSRP from 52K to $45K and with zero down on a 39mth/10K and 60% RV quoted $699 a month - before the added extras like servicing tire protection etc ...

So said "No thanks - just doesn't add up to a good deal for me" ... rolling over 6 months of remaining lease effectively meant there was only 5.5% reduction in MSRP. Pulled out my phone calculator and said by my reckoning the MF was around 0.0027 (around 6.5% APR).

I said that I wasn't going to spend all day haggling - that I was taking this as their best offer - and it was a 'No' from me.

So drove home my now dry XE and unless they get real excited I'm just going to wait out my current lease to term and go shopping around ...

Pretty typical LR quote, to be honest.

If you can ride out your current lease, and start fresh, that's the best course of action.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

If they are still offering the Pull-ahead program in six months, that will be late August, and maybe a good time to get a lease deal, plus get the rest of your payments covered.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator