Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2019 VW Jetta OTD price Paid

prezrivprezriv Member Posts: 12
edited December 2019 in Volkswagen
New VW 2019 Jetta SE bought from VA
Sticker Pricw $24235
OTD paid $19400

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,332
    prezriv said:

New VW 2019 Jetta SE bought from VA
    Sticker Pricw $24235
    OTD paid $19400

Congrats! Looks good.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    AT_VAAT_VA Member Posts: 1
    WOW! How much should I offer for VW 2020 Jetta S MSRP $21300?
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,336
    AT_VA said:

WOW! How much should I offer for VW 2020 Jetta S MSRP $21300?

Look here:
    https://www.edmunds.com/new-cars/

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    MichelleMills7MichelleMills7 Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2020
    Hello! I'm interested in a 2020 VW Jetta SE, but would like to make one payment in cash - although I have excellent an debt to credit ratio, my credit is considered poor because of identity fraud because those reports are still showing (it's a lengthy work in progress and I don't expect it to be resolved soon).

While I can make one full payment, sort of, I only have $15K to spend. (I actually have a little more but don't want to pay more than $15K.) Is it possible to negotiate down from $23K if I purchase the car in one cash payment?

Also, this would be my first time outright buying a car -- I have always leased. Do I need to buy a warranty package? My plan is to use the car for roughly 6 months and then sell it.

Many thanks in advance fellow car buyers!
  • Options

Hello! I'm interested in a 2020 VW Jetta SE, but would like to make one payment in cash - although I have excellent an debt to credit ratio, my credit is considered poor because of identity fraud because those reports are still showing (it's a lengthy work in progress and I don't expect it to be resolved soon).

While I can make one full payment, sort of, I only have $15K to spend. (I actually have a little more but don't want to pay more than $15K.) Is it possible to negotiate down from $23K if I purchase the car in one cash payment?

Also, this would be my first time outright buying a car -- I have always leased. Do I need to buy a warranty package? My plan is to use the car for roughly 6 months and then sell it.

Many thanks in advance fellow car buyers!

You aren't going to get a new Jetta for $8000 off MSRP.

If you have $15K cash, why not buy a gently used vehicle? Especially, if you are only going to keep it for six months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    MichelleMills7MichelleMills7 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks. My question really is, what's the best price I can likely get with the cash payment? Any tips are appreciated.
  • Options

Thanks. My question really is, what's the best price I can likely get with the cash payment? Any tips are appreciated.

Edmunds has build/price tools, here:
    https://www.edmunds.com/new-cars/

Car dealers won't cut you a better deal because you have cash. The bank doesn't pay them in peanuts. They get their cash, either way.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator