Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,385
    qbrozen said:

This is my 11th in 14 years. I have a GI condition so I have to get routine screening every 12-18 months for that and colon cancer. No biggie.

I’m doing osomoprep pills. 4 pills every 15 minutes for an hour with 8 ozs of liquid each go. I do that regimen twice - one tonight and one at 3am.

I'm in a similar boat, but I have avoided going in for a procedure for a long time now. Doc has been hounding me.
    I find it easier to go with the flow. Especially because I sleep easier knowing what’s going on inside. That and my wife is more relentless than the doc...
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,418

I’m having a colonoscopy tomorrow, so I’ve been on clear liquids all day today. To keep myself occupied I decided to try my hand at replacing the seeping VANOS Oil Line. Shop booked it at 1.5-2 hours of labor plus the part ($31). I knocked it out in 45 minutes which included wrestling with the air box for a few minutes.

Turns out someone had been in there before with this part because the lower connection had the crush washers installed incorrectly and it was a huge oily mess. Anyway, I cleaned it up, properly installed it and buttoned it back up. Test drive after and no leak at either end. Successful mission.

Good job ( with the VANOS oil line, not the colonoscopy ). I spent 2 1/2 hours trying to change a tire on my son’s bicycle. And failed miserably. New tube. 2 holes. Patched both. The tube holds air, wrestle the tire back on. Test ride is ok. Sits in the garage for 5 minutes and it’s flat again. It’s maddening.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• fezofezo Member Posts: 10,384

fezo said:

Man, you go away for 73,000 posts and...

Not actually that much to report. I think I still have the same cars.

Who'd have figured that in my late 60s I'd be in as good health as I've ever been?

We had one adult daughter move back in due to Covid and added to the animal population here.

On the car-related front, my mechanic is trying to put me in a Mazdaspeed 3. I'm game for that. The problem is that he doesn't own it. A woman maybe in her 80s has it and hates it. He keeps on trying to convince her to sell it and get something she likes but she won't do it. Stay tuned. If I got it it'd be replacing the Miata. Since one of the issues from the transplant is developing skin cancers (3 so far) some of the convertible magic wears off. Stay tuned.

Were it to come through we'd have 3 Mazdas all in the same color - Soul Red. The Miata is green.

What dishonest salesperson conned an 80 year old to buy a speed3?
    That was my thought.

At very least I know that if she does decide to sell that I know everything about the car because she's taken it to my mechanic for years.

And no need to worry about my having to talk anyone into it. Cliff, the mechanic, wants the Miata so there's a deal to be made if it comes to that.

My only concern is I have three more years of putting the youngest two kids through college.
    2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2014 Mazda 3 Sport Hatchback, 1999 Mazda Miata 2004 Toyota Camry LE, 1999.
  • fezofezo Member Posts: 10,384

@fezo,
    So, is the chicken done yet?

It's very close. Should only be a few more minutes.
    2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2014 Mazda 3 Sport Hatchback, 1999 Mazda Miata 2004 Toyota Camry LE, 1999.
  • jipsterjipster Member Posts: 6,244
    edited July 2020

As I posted over on the CCBA topic, The Kia Store East just received an Indigo Edition Stinger. The are only knocking off $3,500, which is only the Kia Motors rebate. Most other dealers are knocking off another $4,500-$5,000. graphicguy's dealer in Cincy is expecting one but has yet to receive it.
    I may yet go look at it but I dread the games I'd have to play.
    I also entered into an email correspondence with the Genesis dealer, which is currently located in one corner of Oxmoorons Hyundai. No RWD G70 Sport 3.3 cars in stock, but come in and test drive an AWD. Right. One of the things I really hate about Oxmoorons is that they add that stupid flasher to the CHMSL; just what I want- some minimum wage goofball splicing into the factory wiring harness.

My brother's former next door neighbor, and friend, is that Kia dealerships sales manager (Bob). At the time I was looking at midsize sedans, Kia had $4,000 rebates on the Kia Optima and another $1,000 in loyalty money. Just didn't care for the Optima. Was going to look at the Stinger if my Accord deal fell thru. My brother bought a new Kia Sedonna from Bob. if you go back, tell Bob that Jip (Jim) sent you.....I'll get a $200 referral fee if you buy that Stinger. But, anything I can do to help get you ownership of that Stinger, let me know. ;-)

Took a nice drive up to Indianapolis this past weekend. The Accord drove great. Averaged 42.2 mpg doing 70mph going up, about 41 coming back going a bit faster.

A bit nervous having the Accord parked outside with tons of fireworks going off all around. Visions of a giant bottle rocket crash landing on the hood of my car were only tempered by drinking a few more adult beverages.

2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    edited July 2020
    jipster: "Took a nice drive up to Indianapolis this past weekend. The Accord drove great. Averaged 42.2 mpg doing 70mph going up, about 41 coming back going a bit faster."

Great mpg! It's impressive that a nearly full-size car can do that. Congrats again on your purchase.

And this shows a possible reason to buy a sedan instead of an SUV. My wife's CR-V with AWD has an almost identical engine and transmission to Jip's Accord, and yet gets something like 33 mpg on the highway.
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    edited July 2020
    EPA mpg comparison of a 2020 Accord and a 1986 Accord....

1986 Accord sedan length 179.1 inches width 67.4

2020 Accord sedan length 192.2 inches width 73.3

1986 Accord 0-60: 9.7 seconds

2020 Accord 1.5T 0-60: 7.2

2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • jipsterjipster Member Posts: 6,244
    edited July 2020
    benjaminh said:

jipster: "Took a nice drive up to Indianapolis this past weekend. The Accord drove great. Averaged 42.2 mpg doing 70mph going up, about 41 coming back going a bit faster."

Great mpg! It's impressive that a nearly full-size car can do that. Congrats again on your purchase.

And this shows a possible reason to buy a sedan instead of an SUV. My wife's CR-V with AWD has an almost identical engine and transmission to Jip's Accord, and yet gets something like 32 mpg on the highway.

Thanks. Great gas mileage, and still has very good power. Cruises effortlessly at 80 mph on the occasion I take it there, and has the hp to pass the big semis with no trouble at all.

Wow, amazing the 1986 Accord 4 cyl only got 26mpg hwy.
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,646
    nyccarguy said:

I’m having a colonoscopy tomorrow, so I’ve been on clear liquids all day today. To keep myself occupied I decided to try my hand at replacing the seeping VANOS Oil Line. Shop booked it at 1.5-2 hours of labor plus the part ($31). I knocked it out in 45 minutes which included wrestling with the air box for a few minutes.

Turns out someone had been in there before with this part because the lower connection had the crush washers installed incorrectly and it was a huge oily mess. Anyway, I cleaned it up, properly installed it and buttoned it back up. Test drive after and no leak at either end. Successful mission.

Good job ( with the VANOS oil line, not the colonoscopy ). I spent 2 1/2 hours trying to change a tire on my son’s bicycle. And failed miserably. New tube. 2 holes. Patched both. The tube holds air, wrestle the tire back on. Test ride is ok. Sits in the garage for 5 minutes and it’s flat again. It’s maddening.
    That brought back memories of being 10 years old and doing tube repair on my bike. The kit was contained in a red cardboard tube. The top was like a cheese grater that you used to roughed up the rubber before applying some glue which would get you dizzy if you breathed too much. Then you had to cut the patch to size. We’d have to do that every few weeks considering the punishment we gave those bikes. One of the first mechanical repairs I learned to do.

Good times.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

@fezo

Steve! Welcome back! Thanks for chiming in! Let us know how things go with the MazdaSpeed 3. I forgot what year your Miata is. How many miles are on it now? Have you had to do any work to it?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,646
    jipster said:

As I posted over on the CCBA topic, The Kia Store East just received an Indigo Edition Stinger. The are only knocking off $3,500, which is only the Kia Motors rebate. Most other dealers are knocking off another $4,500-$5,000. graphicguy's dealer in Cincy is expecting one but has yet to receive it.
    I may yet go look at it but I dread the games I'd have to play.
    I also entered into an email correspondence with the Genesis dealer, which is currently located in one corner of Oxmoorons Hyundai. No RWD G70 Sport 3.3 cars in stock, but come in and test drive an AWD. Right. One of the things I really hate about Oxmoorons is that they add that stupid flasher to the CHMSL; just what I want- some minimum wage goofball splicing into the factory wiring harness.

My brother's former next door neighbor, and friend, is that Kia dealerships sales manager (Bob). At the time I was looking at midsize sedans, Kia had $4,000 rebates on the Kia Optima and another $1,000 in loyalty money. Just didn't care for the Optima. Was going to look at the Stinger if my Accord deal fell thru. My brother bought a new Kia Sedonna from Bob. if you go back, tell Bob that Jip (Jim) sent you.....I'll get a $200 referral fee if you buy that Stinger. But, anything I can do to help get you ownership of that Stinger, let me know. ;-)

Took a nice drive up to Indianapolis this past weekend. The Accord drove great. Averaged 42.2 mpg doing 70mph going up, about 41 coming back going a bit faster.

A bit nervous having the Accord parked outside with tons of fireworks going off all around. Visions of a giant bottle rocket crash landing on the hood of my car were only tempered by drinking a few more adult beverages.

Just make sure your garage door is closed too. Last year a house nearby was a victim of fireworks being shot off in the neighborhood. They think a bottle rocket went through an open garage door.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,081
    nyccarguy said:

I spent 2 1/2 hours trying to change a tire on my son’s bicycle. And failed miserably. New tube. 2 holes. Patched both. The tube holds air, wrestle the tire back on. Test ride is ok. Sits in the garage for 5 minutes and it’s flat again. It’s maddening.

Bicycle tires seem to have barely progressed in the last 100 years judging by how often they go flat.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,304
    @nyccarguy,
    You may want to check the wheel spokes inside the rim. One of them may be puncturing the tube when you air it back up.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert

@nyccarguy,
    You may want to check the wheel spokes inside the rim. One of them may be puncturing the tube when you air it back up.

Will do. Never thought of that. Thanks for the tip.

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,513
    Maybe Driver can hook you up with A Guy.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    suydam said:

So new dog alert. Our old lab mix passed away right at the start of the pandemic. The house was just too darn empty. Meet Penelope, a 2 year old min pin mix. Rescued from a hoarding situation along with her 2 litters of puppies (Puppies have all gone to new homes)
    . Sweetest disposition you could ask for.

Ahhhhh...what a little sweetheart. Congrats to the new family addition.

@fezo ...welcome back...

I know my AV travails probably aren’t everyone’s tea, but I just spent so much time and money getting it back in top shape, I’m glad I put in the work (and the dollars). This is the result.....

2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,905

qbrozen said:

This is my 11th in 14 years. I have a GI condition so I have to get routine screening every 12-18 months for that and colon cancer. No biggie.

I’m doing osomoprep pills. 4 pills every 15 minutes for an hour with 8 ozs of liquid each go. I do that regimen twice - one tonight and one at 3am.

I'm in a similar boat, but I have avoided going in for a procedure for a long time now. Doc has been hounding me.
    I find it easier to go with the flow. Especially because I sleep easier knowing what’s going on inside. That and my wife is more relentless than the doc...
    Very good that you are keeping up with your preventatives... I had a fight with the big C at 30 and did everything the doctor asked for about 9 years. CT scans, Xrays, twice yearly visits, etc etc. I'm over it. With what I had after 5 years the chances of getting it again in the same area is negligible.

Thankfully for all those years I had tremendous health coverage with no deductibles or coinsurance so it cost me nothing. On the new plans these tests and visits would add up to some serious coin.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,147
    edited July 2020
    Everytime I'm prepping for my colonoscopy or others mention they are, I think of Mackabee and what he went through. That makes the whole thing more important to do.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

tjc78 said:

qbrozen said:

Very good that you are keeping up with your preventatives... I had a fight with the big C at 30 and did everything the doctor asked for about 9 years. CT scans, Xrays, twice yearly visits, etc etc. I'm over it. With what I had after 5 years the chances of getting it again in the same area is negligible.

Thankfully for all those years I had tremendous health coverage with no deductibles or coinsurance so it cost me nothing. On the new plans these tests and visits would add up to some serious coin.

Congrats. I did the same stuff. Annual exams after the first couple years without scans. After about that 5 year point the doc actually asked what I was there for? He didn’t want to see me any more. Basically said to pay attention to any changes, just like anyone else out there.

• driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,975
    edited July 2020
    stickguy said:

Maybe Driver can hook you up with A Guy.

Yeh, Go to a bike shop - see the guy, do not pass GO, do not think of spending any more time on this project. :@

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

suydam said:

So new dog alert. Our old lab mix passed away right at the start of the pandemic. The house was just too darn empty. Meet Penelope, a 2 year old min pin mix. Rescued from a hoarding situation along with her 2 litters of puppies (Puppies have all gone to new homes)

@fezo ...welcome back...

I know my AV travails probably aren’t everyone’s tea, but I just spent so much time and money getting it back in top shape, I’m glad I put in the work (and the dollars). This is the result.....

* Cute dog...he looks intelligent with those focused eyes.
    * Nice to see Fezo drop in for his twice yearly visit
    * Did you throw your new TV into the ocean? What am I seeing? ;)

His fish tank on TV.

• omarmanomarman Member Posts: 2,702
    P. Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    A time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing.
    omarman said:

P. Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

OK, I was going to say I am clueless what does it mean but I cleverly looked it up;

• ventureventure Member Posts: 2,872
    suydam said:

Nice pup.

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

nyccarguy said:

2 MORE HOLES FOUND. So now I have a new tube with 4 patches on it.

edited July 2020
    I think it’s the wheel. Unless your name is Sisyphus I would stop patching.

Or at least stop buying used tubes at the dollar store.

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,081
    Fill the tube with a can of fix-a-flat, problem solved.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• ronsteveronsteve Member Posts: 1,194
    stickguy said:

I think it’s the wheel. Unless your name is Sisyphus I would stop patching.

Or at least stop buying used tubes at the dollar store.

Either that or some small sharp something stuck on the inside of the tire. Really make sure that's clean!
    2015 Acura RDX AWD / 2021 VW TIguan SE 4Motion
    Just take it to "The Guy" already.

• houdini1houdini1 Member Posts: 8,327

qbrozen said:

I am 77 years old and never had one, no plans to either !!

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    edited July 2020
    Well....looks like SW OH is back on the mandatory mask wearing in public again. For reasons that just confound me, some (not many) of our local citizenry just doesn't get how important it is to wear a mask.

Saw someone get kicked out of my local Costco yesterday for taking her mask off in the store. Why this is, when Costco has made it abundantly clear that it's a requirement to wear a mask inside their stores, is totally confusing to me. As she was being escorted out, I heard her say she would never shop at Costco again. At which, about a dozen people applauded her decision.

The other question, why Costco? They are very serious about keeping their stores as antiseptically clean as they possibly can. How is that a bad thing and why does that bother so many people?
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring

nyccarguy said:

That brought back memories of being 10 years old and doing tube repair on my bike. The kit was contained in a red cardboard tube. The top was like a cheese grater that you used to roughed up the rubber before applying some glue which would get you dizzy if you breathed too much. Then you had to cut the patch to size. We’d have to do that every few weeks considering the punishment we gave those bikes. One of the first mechanical repairs I learned to do.

Good times.
    We had one extra step of briefly setting the patch/glue on fire to "set" everything.

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

Everytime I'm prepping for my colonoscopy or others mention they are, I think of Mackabee and what he went through. That makes the whole thing more important to do.

Wow, hadn't thought of Mack in years. One in a million.

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

driver100 said:

suydam said:

@fezo ...welcome back...

* Cute dog...he looks intelligent with those focused eyes.
    * Nice to see Fezo drop in for his twice yearly visit
    * Did you throw your new TV into the ocean? What am I seeing? ;)
    Yes, very smart and alert looking. Congrats, should make a good sidekick.

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

houdini1 said:

qbrozen said:

no reason to, if there isn't anything in there to find. The problem is, you don't know unless you look. And generally by the time there are obvious signs, it is way past the point of fixing (which is sadly what happened to my MIL when she was only in early 60's). So if anything seems at all off, get it checked.

• cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,504
    edited July 2020
    ronsteve said:

Either that or some small sharp something stuck on the inside of the tire. Really make sure that's clean!

This is what I was thinking also. Down in the desert it's very (very) common to get flats from the various thorns that pollute the ground, and some of them are tiny. It's helpful to lay the tube on top of the tire and note where the patches are, bearing in mind that either the tire or tube could have been mounted "upside down" resulting in mirror image patches, relative to the valve stem. Either way, note where the patches are and get in the best possible light, and see what you can feel when the casing is turned inside out. I've been down this road more than a few times Odds are, if you don't find the root cause, even a new tube will go flat shortly after it's mounted. Good luck.

Oh, and it usually takes a while to find a "guy" who can do a job competently, and I've lost patience with paying people to screw things up, plus the time it takes to deal with them.

'08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,543
    houdini1 said:

nyccarguy said:

Good times.
    We had one extra step of briefly setting the patch/glue on fire to "set" everything.
    Yep, I remember setting the glue on fire too. I’d say I was about 11 or 12 when I started patching my tires rather than wait for my Dad to come home. My mother didn’t like the idea that I was using a pack of matches but my Dad convinced her I knew what I was doing since he watched me a few times, AND, I had to do my patching outside. Since I did tire patching for a lot of the kids in the hood, I was referred to as “Mister Patch Man”, long before anyone else called me mister.

jmonroe

'15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • pensfan83pensfan83 Member Posts: 2,555

Well....looks like SW OH is back on the mandatory mask wearing in public again. For reasons that just confound me, some (not many) of our local citizenry just doesn't get how important it is to wear a mask.

Saw someone get kicked out of my local Costco yesterday for taking her mask off in the store. Why this is, when Costco has made it abundantly clear that it's a requirement to wear a mask inside their stores, is totally confusing to me. As she was being escorted out, I heard her say she would never shop at Costco again. At which, about a dozen people applauded her decision.

The other question, why Costco? They are very serious about keeping their stores as antiseptically clean as they possibly can. How is that a bad thing and why does that bother so many people?

What I find incredibly amusing is how some people can't seem to grasp that a business isn't obligated to accept one's patronage when they are asked to leave for not abiding by their rules, mask related or otherwise.
    1997 Honda Prelude Base - 2022 Acura MDX Type S Advance - 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road - 2006 BMW 330Ci ZHP
    edited July 2020
    stickguy said:

houdini1 said:

qbrozen said:

no reason to, if there isn't anything in there to find. The problem is, you don't know unless you look. And generally by the time there are obvious signs, it is way past the point of fixing (which is sadly what happened to my MIL when she was only in early 60's). So if anything seems at all off, get it checked.
    That I can understand, but my personal experience is different. I have seen 2 or 3 of my friends decide to have some type of prostate operation because of an elevated PSA, only to live a life of misery with impotency and incontinence.

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

PSA test is a different animal though. That I can see holding off on.

• ronsteveronsteve Member Posts: 1,194
    Colon cancer is one of the more aggressive ones, not one to mess with. OTOH, prostate cancer is *usually* not that aggressive. I heard once that a large percentage of men who live to 85 will eventually end up with prostate cancer, and most of them never know it (and it's something else that kills them).
    2015 Acura RDX AWD / 2021 VW TIguan SE 4Motion
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,139
    I find it amusing/sad that these people are also likely the "private property" squealers who are now upset when a property owner decides on a policy to be implemented on, well, private property. If one doesn't like it, shop elsewhere, one more parking spot for actual people.

Reminds me of a good old saying: "don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya" B)

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,147
    houdini1 said:

That I can understand, but my personal experience is different. I have seen 2 or 3 of my friends decide to have some type of prostate operation because of an elevated PSA, only to live a life of misery with impotency and incontinence.

I assume they had biopsies and IIRC there are some other lab tests to assess the status of the cancer.
    Many factors have to be included such as age and general health along with projected health and lifespan. Then there's the current stage of spread of the cancer.

Beyond that there are some radiation treatments that have various cute names but are targeted beams from multiple directions to kill most of the cancer cells hopefully. But sadly it seems to me that once the robot controlled resections became more common, a lot of doctors started those and the procedures aren't as careful and thorough as they could be. So the worse case is what you describe in incontinence and impotence, but worst of all the sloppy surgery (but profitable) leads to a recurrence of the cancer anyhow. So the patient gets the worst of both worlds.

Doctors also love the chemotherapy and general radiation treatments which are profitable for the hospitals as well.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

edited July 2020
    "
    cdnpinhead">
    Oh, and it usually takes a while to find a "guy" who can do a job competently, and I've lost patience with paying people to screw things up, plus the time it takes to deal with them.

It will take me less time and there is a much higher chance "The Guy" will fix it right than I will. I probably actually save money, and I can do other things which I enjoy more than fixing flat tires....been there done that when I was 15.

The skill comes in doing your research to find competent people.
    Are you two twins...you keep liking each other? In psychology it is called a flying monkey....one always backs up the other.....nice!

• cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,504
    edited July 2020
    To whom are you referring? This bicycle tire discussion involves people that I don't normally react to, one way or the other, and I don't think he (or they) respond to my stuff either..

Methinks you protest a bit too much. Perhaps I'm living rent-free inside your head.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester

ronsteve said:

This is what I was thinking also. Down in the desert it's very (very) common to get flats from the various thorns that pollute the ground, and some of them are tiny. It's helpful to lay the tube on top of the tire and note where the patches are, bearing in mind that either the tire or tube could have been mounted "upside down" resulting in mirror image patches, relative to the valve stem. Either way, note where the patches are and get in the best possible light, and see what you can feel when the casing is turned inside out. I've been down this road more than a few times Odds are, if you don't find the root cause, even a new tube will go flat shortly after it's mounted. Good luck.

One of the pin holes was caused by a tiny thorn that barely punctured the tire, but did make a hole in the tube. I also made the mistake of not taking the entire tire off. I’m going to buy some small hand pumps, extra tubes, & a patch kit for me, my son, & my wife.

Any slur against "The Guy" is a slur against me. :(

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,324
    suydam said:

But that's a picture of a lost dog, did you return him to his home?

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D