Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• Options
    sdasda Member Posts: 6,987
    akangl said:

@akangel,
    Hopefully everyone is feeling better.
    Have fun shopping.
    Do you have a ballpark figure on what you are going to get for the Jeep?

Not even close to enjoying car shopping, I just want my Jeep back. No clue what I'll get for it, probably enough to pay it off hopefully, they depreciate so fast and it wasn't paid off. I would have happily kept paying on it, I was completely content with it, it was my forever car, I finally found my happy place.

That whole situation just bites. I feel for you.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• Options
    xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,798
    andres3 said:

On the other hand.. if someone would have RAMmed my Neon at 55 MPH when the transmission was starting to slip at 55,000 miles, I'd have been celebrating and throwing parties.

However, the flawless '05 Civic that saw the dealer exactly 0 times in 2 years; yeah, a bit sad and frustrating.

That is always how it works. When it happens the other way around, it's called "Insurance Fraud." :D
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • Options
    breldbreld Member Posts: 6,710
    Congrats on the potential quick resolution! I think it’s a great choice.

2024 Audi Q8 e-tron - 2024 Corvette - 2024 BMW X5 - 2023 Tesla Model Y

• Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,927
    @akangl
    That’s how you do it! I had a feeling it was going to be a JGC. Once you find the exact one you want, share it with us.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    Yes! Pics and details!
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,437
    @akangl - you’ve got a nice, heathy budget. On your short list, I’d jump on a JGC. See if you can get your hands on one with a HEMI;)

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    akanglakangl Member Posts: 3,281
    nyccarguy said:

@akangl - you’ve got a nice, heathy budget. On your short list, I’d jump on a JGC. See if you can get your hands on one with a HEMI;)

Oddly enough I don't want a Hemi, I drove one with a V6 and am plenty happy with the power. I don't feel the need to spent the extra $3k for worse gas mileage!
  • Options
    tjc78 said:

@akangl
    That’s how you do it! I had a feeling it was going to be a JGC. Once you find the exact one you want, share it with us.

There's exactly zero like what I want so I'll order it next week, dealer said 60-90 days until it will be here. I'm torn between granite and red line, I'm thinking red since I can't get the bright blue like my Cherokee was.
  • Options
    cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,506
    There aren't many on here who understand that point of view, but I do. Good luck!
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,174
    JGC handles run-ins with likely inebriated idiots in Ford Escapes, too:

Good choice, the one I had as a rental for too brief of a period seemed like a really nice rig.
  • Options
    28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,393
    Really glad you’re OK, @akangl! Car did what it was supposed to and took the hit.

JGC is a great choice. My SIL and her husband have a JGC Summit they bought 3 years ago. Every option except the hemi. It has had a fair share of fit and finish issues, but all repaired under warranty. They tow their boat with it and it does so like a champ. The 6 cylinder doesn’t win any races but is more than adequate and much better fuel economy. Looks nice to boot, too.

Good luck!
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • Options

Really glad you’re OK, @akangl! Car did what it was supposed to and took the hit.

JGC is a great choice. My SIL and her husband have a JGC Summit they bought 3 years ago. Every option except the hemi. It has had a fair share of fit and finish issues, but all repaired under warranty. They tow their boat with it and it does so like a champ. The 6 cylinder doesn’t win any races but is more than adequate and much better fuel economy. Looks nice to boot, too.

Good luck!

The V6 had plenty of power for what I need. We have our tow beast (2018 Ram 2500 Cummins) so it doesn't have to worry about working, my Cherokee never did, she was just a princess. I'm grateful to my Cherokee for doing what she was supposed to do and I'm equally impressed.
  • Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,674
    fintail said:

JGC handles run-ins with likely inebriated idiots in Ford Escapes, too:

Good choice, the one I had as a rental for too brief of a period seemed like a really nice rig.

As I said before, the Grand Cherokee is a real step up in comfort and luxury. Great for long trips. I’m not big on tech goodies but I imagine you can load it up with a lot of that to.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    Who needs a pizza delivery vehicle with a built in oven when you have this AMG powered monster making deliveries?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,950
    nyccarguy said:

Who needs a pizza delivery vehicle with a built in oven when you have this AMG powered monster making deliveries?

Is it just the angle and reflection, or are the numbers really off on that? That should say GLE43, right? In all the same font?

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    Damn. If this showed up a few months ago .... https://www.japaneseclassics.com/vehicle/1993-mitsubishi-pajero-2800/

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,558
    Still time. Nothing stopping you!

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    Why do I NOT remember the Dodge 600? Was it only produced over a short period of time? Obviously a K-Car variant. I just don’t recall them.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • Options
    qbrozen said:

nyccarguy said:

Is it just the angle and reflection, or are the numbers really off on that? That should say GLE43, right? In all the same font?
    No. The badge was an GLE 63s. I took the pic while I was slowing down, then cropped it this AM before I posted.

• Options
    edited August 2020

Why do I NOT remember the Dodge 600? Was it only produced over a short period of time? Obviously a K-Car variant. I just don’t recall them.
    The 86 white 600 is not an ES. The ES was the sport model with lower profile tires, black out trim, etc., typically with leather and the Turbo engine.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    The Dodge 600 ran from around 1981-86.

• Options
    nyccarguy said:

No telling what people will do with their cars these days. About an hour ago I was passed by an X5 with heavily cambered “drift” wheels and an exhaust that crackled like a popcorn machine every time he let off on the gas. Of course the driver was stomping on it and then letting off on the gas so all around could share in his wonderfulness.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options

Me neither. Guess it was the Dodge version of the Labaron maybe.

• Options
    The "63" should be in the same font as the rest, with the "S" in kind of a subscript with a darker background.

I'll blindly guess that delivery rig is the owner.
    qbrozen said:

• Options
    The Overland rental I had contained competent ICE - it had Android Auto, CarPlay, factory nav, etc. It was a good road car.

Fun thing, the car was rebuilt and was up for sale about 6 months after my incident.

As I said before, the Grand Cherokee is a real step up in comfort and luxury. Great for long trips. I’m not big on tech goodies but I imagine you can load it up with a lot of that to.

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,337
    fintail said:

The "63" should be in the same font as the rest, with the "S" in kind of a subscript with a darker background.

I'll blindly guess that delivery rig is the owner.

qbrozen said:

Nah, it's probably the drivers' parents car, as the Cobalt or equivalent is not running.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,798
    akangl said:

nyccarguy said:

Oddly enough I don't want a Hemi, I drove one with a V6 and am plenty happy with the power. I don't feel the need to spent the extra $3k for worse gas mileage!
    No Trackhawk for you! :disappointed:

My supervisor has a JGC Trackhawk, and I have an employee with a more "pedestrian" JGC. Neither have had any issues and the owners are quite fond of the rides.
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,095

Me neither. Guess it was the Dodge version of the Labaron maybe.
    What? You don't remember the Dodge competitor to the M-B E-class? Or at least a competitor in terms of badging...

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    Chrysler had an even better E-Class competitor, an E-Class!

My uncle had one of these, it was kind of a light yellow with a gold or tan interior, it was fairly plush for what it was. I remember the lucite Pentastar hood ornament.

Although M-B had "E" designated cars for about a decade prior, I believe the "E-Class" designation wasn't in the formal MB lexicon at the time.
  • Options
    Going to go way higher than I can afford, but the want is strong with this one. And in my backyard.

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/KmZMB7Xd/2016-volvo-v60-polestar
  • Options
  • Options
    Cool wagon. But I could never put this white wheels on.. already over $30k so no, not cheap.

Gorgeous M6 too.

• Options
    White wheels are just for the winter tires.
  • Options
    I saw that. Still wouldn’t want them on!

• Options
    corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,267
    Those are some weird looking wheels, the ones for the summer tires look a lot better.
  • Options
    nyccarguy said:

qbrozen said:

nyccarguy said:

No. The badge was an GLE 63s. I took the pic while I was slowing down, then cropped it this AM before I posted.
    I had no idea they even made a GLE 63. Funny how much that still looks like my '07 ML.

• Options
    I’m sure you would have to sell something to make space. Likely wouldn’t be the first time.

• Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,927
    fintail said:

My uncle had one of these, it was kind of a light yellow with a gold or tan interior, it was fairly plush for what it was. I remember the lucite Pentastar hood ornament.

Although M-B had "E" designated cars for about a decade prior, I believe the "E-Class" designation wasn't in the formal MB lexicon at the time.

I learned to drive on an 83 Chrysler E-Class. Step-dad bought from the proverbial old lady who literally did drive it to church on Sundays. IIRC he got it 1992 with 30K miles on it.

It was white over blue. Very plush seats, bone chilling AC and the Mitsu 2.6. Oh and wait for it......

IT TALKED!!!

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,365
    It could hit $60k. It looks pretty solid.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    tjc78 said:

fintail said:

I learned to drive on an 83 Chrysler E-Class. Step-dad bought from the proverbial old lady who literally did drive it to church on Sundays. IIRC he got it 1992 with 30K miles on it.

It was white over blue. Very plush seats, bone chilling AC and the Mitsu 2.6. Oh and wait for it......

IT TALKED!!!
    I test drove a base 85 Dodge 600 ES 4dr, silver, gray interior. It had the 2.2, 5sp, am/fm, a/c. No pw,pl,cc, base wheel covers, though larger lower profile tires. The dealer had it the lot forever and I thought I could get a good deal. One trip around the block and I was not impressed. It didn't talk. I liked my 84 Plymouth Horizon SE better.

• Options
    breldbreld Member Posts: 6,710

Going to go way higher than I can afford, but the want is strong with this one. And in my backyard.

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/KmZMB7Xd/2016-volvo-v60-polestar

Here's a good comparison for price reference...

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/818166973/overview/

I've never driven a 2017 or 2018 Polestar with the 4 cylinder, but I will vouch for the potency of the 6 cylinder in the 2016 model that my wife had. That really was a beast.

We traded her wagon almost exactly 2 years ago for her Macan S. Can't remember exactly the mileage when we traded it, but it was probably close to 30k. We received $36k on trade, which was consistent with all the places we were shopping. Again, for reference in case anyone wants to go crazy and bid on this one.

2024 Audi Q8 e-tron - 2024 Corvette - 2024 BMW X5 - 2023 Tesla Model Y

• Options
    So much mileage out of the K, gotta hand it to them. I have no memory of what was under the hood of my uncle's car, and I don't recall it talking, but it seemed like a nice enough car to my young eyes.
    tjc78 said:

IT TALKED!!!

• Options
    corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,267
    @akangl - what year GC are you getting?
  • Options
    andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    For your Acura and stick lovers out there:

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/KVXJZxnz/2005-acura-tl

It has a good 2,300 miles left in her. I'll give you a $500 warranty. Who wants to go halfers?
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • Options
    andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    andres3 said:

It has a good 2,300 miles left in her. I'll give you a $500 warranty. Who wants to go halfers?

They also have a low mile Focus RS that's already had the head gaskets replaced (Ford , Quality is job #1).
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,337
    andres3 said:

Yeah .... no.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    Why on earth is a 227k mile Acura TL on Cars and Bids? I don't care the pedigree at this point. I'd be more interested if it had 750k miles...

If I wanted a high mile Acura TL I'd look on craigslist....
  • Options
    best generation of the TL. I did drive a manual when they first came out, and actually thought that car was better suited to the AT. But, it would not say no to one!