Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Kia stinger GT1 lease

crazy4acuracrazy4acura Member Posts: 14
edited October 2020 in Kia
Hello,
Opening up a new thread as I did not get a response on two of my questions in a prior thread:
1) Is anyone aware of any dealer in California or Arizona who is still offering a "dealer rebate" over and above the Kia rebate?
2) Can someone confirm that if I want to buyout a lease, the final capitalized cost is the only number i need to be concerned about?

Could someone kindly share their recent experience?

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 238,401

Hello,
    Opening up a new thread as I did not get a response on two of my questions in a prior thread:
    1) Is anyone aware of any dealer in California or Arizona who is still offering a "dealer rebate" over and above the Kia rebate?
    2) Can someone confirm that if I want to buyout a lease, the final capitalized cost is the only number i need to be concerned about?

Could someone kindly share their recent experience?

Dealers don't offer rebates. They give discounts.

If a dealer isn't giving a discount on a car with multiple thousands of incentives from the manufacturer, then you need to find a new dealer.

The Adjusted or Net Capitalized cost takes into account any money that might be required from you at signing, so I wouldn't agree with your blanket statement

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thanks @kyfdx ! I am new to the terms, hence the confusion between discounts and rebates. You are right, I need to find a new dealer who understands the current situation and is willing to offer more discounts. On the second comment, the intent was to understand, if I do a lease buyout within the first month, how much would I have to pay: 1) is it the sum of (total remaining lease payments + residual value) OR 2) the adjusted capitalized cost?
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 242,014

Thanks @kyfdx ! I am new to the terms, hence the confusion between discounts and rebates. You are right, I need to find a new dealer who understands the current situation and is willing to offer more discounts. On the second comment, the intent was to understand, if I do a lease buyout within the first month, how much would I have to pay: 1) is it the sum of (total remaining lease payments + residual value) OR 2) the adjusted capitalized cost?

Lease buyout would be the sum of the remaining payments (less rent charge) and the residual value - I think

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    Thanks @Michaell , Can anyone who has performed the lease buyout recently confirm this please?
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 242,014

Thanks @Michaell , Can anyone who has performed the lease buyout recently confirm this please?

You might want to post your query into the main Stinger lease thread, here:
    https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/59558/kia/stinger/2020-kia-stinger-lease-deals-and-prices#latest

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    Thanks @Michaell will do.