Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Atlas se with tech r line... Is this a good lease term???

BobvillaBobvilla Member Posts: 6
edited March 2021 in Volkswagen
Atlas 21.5 SE with tech r line 39/12k. 2750 down and 450 a month. Car is 45,700 msrp. Residual will be 55% and mf is at 0.00068. In nj

Thanks

Answers

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,336
    Bobvilla said:

Atlas 21.5 SE with tech r line 39/12k. 2750 down and 450 a month. Car is 45,700 msrp. Residual will be 55% and mf is at 0.00068. In nj

Thanks

Selling price?
    Adjusted cap cost?
    Itemization of the $2750?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Michaell said:

Bobvilla said:

Thanks

Selling price?
    Adjusted cap cost?
    Itemization of the $2750?
    My selling price is just at 40,893

Not sure on my cap cost to be honest... I know there is dealer lease cash this month...

Itemization of the 2750 drive off would be 1,220 for state upfront tax, 450 for first month payment 699 for the bank acquisition, and the remaining 381 would go towards dealer and transport fees it seems like.

Dealership said this is the best they could do with the particular vehicle since it was a white rline with shetland.. they said it's a highly in demand vehicle and hard to find with these parameters
  • Options

• Options
    Bobvilla said:

seems reasonable, though I'd roll the taxes and fees into the payment. Take the higher payment, but cut down on your out of pocket costs.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    Ok so to roll down payment into the monthly would be just incase you have a loss on the vehicle you wouldn't be out of pocket any money? Any other pros?

So this isn't considered a good deal to you? Just ok? Should I seal the deal on this one? Or walk?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343
    Bobvilla said:

Ok so to roll down payment into the monthly would be just incase you have a loss on the vehicle you wouldn't be out of pocket any money? Any other pros?

So this isn't considered a good deal to you? Just ok? Should I seal the deal on this one? Or walk?

You have to work with the lease program on the vehicle. There is $2250 in dealer lease cash on this vehicle, making the effective discount about $3000. That's pretty good on an Atlas, I think.

According to dealers, the vehicle you are interested in is always rare and in high demand. :D

Nothing wrong with this deal. If it's the one you want, push really hard for a lower price, and see if you get it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    I'm getting just over 10% off msrp. Dealer won't budge any further, nor will my wife on color! I'm trying to push for atleast 12% but it seems like a rline model in the color I want is alot harder to find in my area. Have to do a locate from across state or try to claim from the port.. If I was going for a non rline it seems like 12-14% off msrp is easily obtained.
  • Options
    Bobvilla said:

I'm getting just over 10% off msrp. Dealer won't budge any further, nor will my wife on color! I'm trying to push for atleast 12% but it seems like a rline model in the color I want is alot harder to find in my area. Have to do a locate from across state or try to claim from the port.. If I was going for a non rline it seems like 12-14% off msrp is easily obtained.

Being inflexible on color hurts your negotiating position.

(ask me how I know....)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Michaell said:

Bobvilla said:

(ask me how I know....)
    Hahaha yea tell my wife that!!!!

Actually if we went with the blue we would of saved 5$ a month and another 250$ down... just cause the color is not in demand in my area... go figure...

Guess I will pull pull trigger on the price. it's a decent price I guess on the particular vehicle
  • Options
    Bobvilla said:

Michaell said:

Bobvilla said:

(ask me how I know....)
    Hahaha yea tell my wife that!!!!

Actually if we went with the blue we would of saved 5$ a month and another 250$ down... just cause the color is not in demand in my area... go figure...

Guess I will pull pull trigger on the price. it's a decent price I guess on the particular vehicle
    Happy wife, happy life ... if she's OK spending the extra money, who are you to complain?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator