Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

92648 - Order and Lease a New X5 XDrive 45E with Lease Turn In

nick001nick001 Member Posts: 10
edited March 2021 in BMW
Currently have a 2018 X3M40i with low miles. The lease ends in Sep 2021. My wife and I are considering ordering and leasing an X5 xDrive45e. Looking to combine loyalty + incentives + tax rebate. Looking for MF and Residual in 92648.

Does anyone think a loaded example (MSRP 82900) can be discounted to around 75K with all incentives and leased for 1 percent?

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    nick001 said:

Currently have a 2018 X3M40i with low miles. The lease ends in Sep 2021. My wife and I are considering ordering and leasing an X5 xDrive45e. Looking to combine loyalty + incentives + tax rebate. Looking for MF and Residual in 92648.

Does anyone think a loaded example (MSRP 82900) can be discounted to around 75K with all incentives and leased for 1 percent?

Edmunds pricing tools

There is no tax credit for you if you lease. That goes to the vehicle's owner.

With the current program, you won't come close to 1% of MSRP.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    When you say "won't come close" are we talking 1.2 or closer to 2 percent?
  • Options
    nick001 said:

When you say "won't come close" are we talking 1.2 or closer to 2 percent?

I'll guess 1.2%-1.5%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Looking at an X3M. Drove one and was impressed. Thank you.
  • Options
    sherbournedrsherbournedr Member Posts: 31
    Continuing the discussion here... for 90230 Zip Code, what is the current RV and MF for a 2021 xDrive45e with 7,500 miles and with 10,000 miles per year? Also, would you recommend buying or leasing now given the tax rebate/programs? Thank you.
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,291

Continuing the discussion here... for 90230 Zip Code, what is the current RV and MF for a 2021 xDrive45e with 7,500 miles and with 10,000 miles per year? Also, would you recommend buying or leasing now given the tax rebate/programs? Thank you.

36/10
    .00093 and 54%
    $500 lease credit

If you plan on keeping the car longer than 3 years, you should buy.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    Thank you, Michael, knowing my propensity to want a new car every two years I better lease it!
  • Options
    One more question! On the above chain, why did you say with the current program the original poster would not get more than 1% off MSRP? Should I be concerned about that?
  • Options

One more question! On the above chain, why did you say with the current program the original poster would not get more than 1% off MSRP? Should I be concerned about that?

You misunderstood the thread.

There is a general rule, in leasing circles, that a good deal is a lease payment that is 1% of the MSRP amount. For the X5 45e, the lease program is not so good, so it's not likely that is achievable.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    Ah I understand now, thank you! Why is the lease program not so good on it, is the RV set artificially low thereby widening the lease payment?
  • Options

Ah I understand now, thank you! Why is the lease program not so good on it, is the RV set artificially low thereby widening the lease payment?

I don't make the news, I just report the news.

The RV is what the bank thinks the car will be worth at the end of the lease term.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

Yes, the low residual is why the lease program is not great

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Follow up here! Going this morning to look at a used 2021 xDrive45e with 4,600 miles at a non-BMW dealer, asking price is $70,000 - any thoughts on this would be appreciated? Perhaps not in your bailiwick but what are the interest rates / programs for purchase on a new one, perhaps worth a bit more premium to buy new? Any comments would be helpful.
  • Options

Follow up here! Going this morning to look at a used 2021 xDrive45e with 4,600 miles at a non-BMW dealer, asking price is $70,000 - any thoughts on this would be appreciated? Perhaps not in your bailiwick but what are the interest rates / programs for purchase on a new one, perhaps worth a bit more premium to buy new? Any comments would be helpful.

Used, as in CPO?

How different is that pricing from a new vehicle?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    It's not at a BMW dealer so not CPO, the pricing is not competitive vs. new. The car MSRP was $70,945 and they have it advertised basically $1,000 off from the price as new. To me that is wishful thinking unless someone REALLY wants it.
  • Options

It's not at a BMW dealer so not CPO, the pricing is not competitive vs. new. The car MSRP was $70,945 and they have it advertised basically $1,000 off from the price as new. To me that is wishful thinking unless someone REALLY wants it.

If you buy it used, don't you forego any PHEV incentives? I'd just get a new one

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    I agree, unless the price is SIGNIFICANTLY improved, it's just not a great deal w/o the incentive.
  • Options

I agree, unless the price is SIGNIFICANTLY improved, it's just not a great deal w/o the incentive.

I think you also lose the 3/36 maintenance on a used car.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    My dealer finally got an allocation and put in an order for me on a new 2021 xDrive45e - MSRP of my build is $83,095 with destination charge. That said, while they placed the order we have not negotiated or discussed lease or sale so technically they are ordering it but it is not mine yet until the time comes (8-10 weeks for delivery). My new follow up question is, given the shortages and demand for this X5 PHEV, what can I expect in terms of % off MSRP. Also, does anyone know the tax incentives currently for buying this car? I am thinking this is a better move than leasing and not getting any tax incentives. I also figure I like new cars every 2-3 years so even if I get the itch early I will have the title to it vs. a lease which would be harder (or more complicated) to get out of early. Look forward to your advice and I will follow up here so anyone interested can see my final deal.
  • Options

My dealer finally got an allocation and put in an order for me on a new 2021 xDrive45e - MSRP of my build is $83,095 with destination charge. That said, while they placed the order we have not negotiated or discussed lease or sale so technically they are ordering it but it is not mine yet until the time comes (8-10 weeks for delivery). My new follow up question is, given the shortages and demand for this X5 PHEV, what can I expect in terms of % off MSRP. Also, does anyone know the tax incentives currently for buying this car? I am thinking this is a better move than leasing and not getting any tax incentives. I also figure I like new cars every 2-3 years so even if I get the itch early I will have the title to it vs. a lease which would be harder (or more complicated) to get out of early. Look forward to your advice and I will follow up here so anyone interested can see my final deal.

Use the price checker link in my signature block for pricing.

Depending on your income, there is as much as $7500 of tax credits available on a purchase, plus whatever state level incentives exist.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Great, thank you, per the price checker $78,362 which would be about 5.5% off MSRP. I will see what they quote and report back. Is there a good link to something from Fed to check on the tax credits and for California to check on state level incentives?
  • Options

Great, thank you, per the price checker $78,362 which would be about 5.5% off MSRP. I will see what they quote and report back. Is there a good link to something from Fed to check on the tax credits and for California to check on state level incentives?

Google is your friend

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    chrispdxchrispdx Member Posts: 3

Hi,

Can you help me with RV/MF/incentives for 2021 X5 xDrive45e 36/15 zip 94110?

Thank you!

• Options
    chrispdx said:

Hi,

Can you help me with RV/MF/incentives for 2021 X5 xDrive45e 36/15 zip 94110?

Thank you!

.00093 MF and 50% residual
    $500 lease credit

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

This discussion has been closed.