Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Wrangler lease calculation help please?

LanaNHLanaNH Member Posts: 3
edited May 2021 in Jeep
Hello. I'm working with a dealer to estimate lease numbers on a 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4x4. I've tried to calculate the payments using information I've found in this forum, but I am coming up with very different numbers than they are. Could I ask for help understanding the dealer's calculation?
MSRP $51,595
Fees $1094
Total sales price $52,689
For a $0 down lease, 3yr/36k, he's giving me a residual value of $35,601 and monthly payment of $774.
I'm coming up with something closer to $692.77, using 0.675 RV and 0.00246 MF. (I'm in 03865.)
Can you help me understand his calculation, and the error of my ways?
Thank you!!

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343
    LanaNH said:

Hello. I'm working with a dealer to estimate lease numbers on a 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4x4. I've tried to calculate the payments using information I've found in this forum, but I am coming up with very different numbers than they are. Could I ask for help understanding the dealer's calculation?
    MSRP $51,595
    Fees $1094
    Total sales price $52,689
    For a $0 down lease, 3yr/36k, he's giving me a residual value of $35,601 and monthly payment of $774.
    I'm coming up with something closer to $692.77, using 0.675 RV and 0.00246 MF. (I'm in 03865.)
    Can you help me understand his calculation, and the error of my ways?
    Thank you!!

The residual you've given is 69% of MSRP, not 67.5%
    Where did you get the money factor?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    I got it from the Edmunds lease calculator, using Fair credit.
  • Options
    LanaNH said:

Unfortunately, you can't go by that. We don't know the Standard MF for the Wrangler, this month (though, that may not be far off)

But, your calculation method seems correct, as I get nearly the same payment.
    Ask the dealer for the actual money factor used. If you have "fair" credit, the MF could be a lot higher than you think,

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

LanaNH said:

Unfortunately, you can't go by that. We don't know the Standard MF for the Wrangler, this month (though, that may not be far off)

Ask the dealer for the actual money factor used. If you have "fair" credit, the MF could be a lot higher than you think,
    Is there a way to estimate what impact your credit score may have on a MF, assuming we know what the standard MF is?
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,360
    LanaNH said:

kyfdx said:

LanaNH said:

Is there a way to estimate what impact your credit score may have on a MF, assuming we know what the standard MF is?
    We don’t have the standard MF values for May, at this time.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    LanaNH said:

kyfdx said:

LanaNH said:

Last month, Tier 3 added .00181 to the Standard MF for Tier 1. That's a substantial increase to an already substantial money factor.
    That said, no idea what score correlates to what tier.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator