Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Money factor

AlishaDiyaAlishaDiya Member Posts: 8
edited June 2021 in Nissan
HI looking to get the money factor for 2021 Nissan Sentra S 4 cylinder , 2.0.

Answers

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,336

What is your location?
    Lease term and miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options

Hi Michael. I am in NJ. 3 year 10k miles/yr.

• Options

Hi Michael. I am in NJ. 3 year 10k miles/yr.

.00172 MF
    61% residual
    $1200 incentive

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options

Thanks Michael. I appreciate the help. I will plug this into the calculator. Trying to figure out the monthly lease payment.

• Options

Hi Michael what is the difference between purchase option and selling price? When I am calculating lease payment should I be inputting selling price or purchase option ? I am using the leasehacker calculator

• Options

Also what is the incentive. If I was negotiating with dealer do they get the incentive or do I? Thanks

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,331

Hi Michael what is the difference between purchase option and selling price? When I am calculating lease payment should I be inputting selling price or purchase option ? I am using the leasehacker calculator

The purchase option is the buyout at the end of the lease. You don't use that to calculate the payment.

The Nissan incentive is Nissan to customer, and applied as a CAP cost reduction.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

Ok so this is what inserted

MSRP: 20825
    Selling price 19797
    Months 36
    Miles 10000
    Residual Auto Calculated to 61%
    Money Factor 0.00172
    Taxed incentive 1200 (how did you come up with this and is this different for different states? I am in NJ

All the other fees were auto Calculated by leasehacker
    Tax rate: 6.625%

My lease comes out to $237
    Drive off $1371.

Where in this can I negotiate to bring the monthly down to $200 without putting any money down. With the quarter end coming up will that be a negotiation point?

• Options

Ok so this is what inserted

MSRP: 20825

Selling price 19797

Months 36

Miles 10000

Residual Auto Calculated to 61%

Money Factor 0.00172

Taxed incentive 1200 (how did you come up with this and is this different for different states? I am in NJ

All the other fees were auto Calculated by leasehacker

Tax rate: 6.625%

My lease comes out to $237

Drive off $1371.

Where in this can I negotiate to bring the monthly down to $200 without putting any money down. With the quarter end coming up will that be a negotiation point?

You would need to negotiate about $1000 off the selling price to get to your target.

Not sure that is possible, with the current (dealer tilted) market conditions.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

Can the incentive be applied towards the dealer instead of the customer to bring down the monthly lease?

• Options

Can the incentive be applied towards the dealer instead of the customer to bring down the monthly lease?

No.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

No, the amount has to be applied as a CAP cost reduction. But, the dealer can quote the deal anyway they want.

It's possible the selling price they've provided already includes the incentive.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

It looks to me as though your quoted payment takes into account the incentive.

Ask the dealer for the Adjusted CAP cost, and a breakdown of the amount Due at Signing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

When I look at the breakdown in leasehacker for the above mentioned numbers I see
    First month payment : 237
    Down payment 0
    Upfront Fees 485
    Upfront Taxes 650

What would I gain from asking about Adjusted Cap cost?

• Options

When I look at the breakdown in leasehacker for the above mentioned numbers I see

First month payment : 237

Down payment 0

Upfront Fees 485

Upfront Taxes 650

What would I gain from asking about Adjusted Cap cost?

You would know if the incentive was applied to reduce the CAP cost, or if their quote already accounted for it. Plus, it appears the lease acquisition fee would also be added to the CAP, as it's not accounted for upfront. ($650)

By my calculations:

$19797 selling price
    +$650 acquisition fee
    -$1200 lease cash
    = $19,247 adjusted CAP

When I use that number, I get $237/mo, as well.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator