Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Hello from Tucson , new here , I am buying a ‘02 XKR convertible, 75K in vgood condition

Will_02xkrWill_02xkr Member Posts: 4
edited October 2021 in Jaguar
I do not know the history of the car , can I go to a Jaguar dealer and have them look up the information ?

Best Answers

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,302
    Answer ✓

I do not know the history of the car , can I go to a Jaguar dealer and have them look up the information ?

You can try. Some dealers won't give out information to someone that isn't currently the owner.

Also, being 20 years old, it's possible that it hasn't been to the dealer in a long time.

A Carfax report might have some maintenance/repair info.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,336
    Answer ✓

It can't hurt to try.

Repost here, and some of our experts will be along to give you more detailed advice. And, they may have a few questions for you.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Answers

• Options
    I’m getting her from Ca. Next week , having her shipped over and will take to the dealer and check . I’m concerned about the tensioners and water pump . I take it I would have to open her up to see if any upgrades were performed . Also tranny fluid change with filter. I know I should flush the top hydraulic fluid . I’ll get the estimate from the dealer . I believe there are a few Jaguar shops in town I should check with also .
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,302

I’m getting her from Ca. Next week , having her shipped over and will take to the dealer and check . I’m concerned about the tensioners and water pump . I take it I would have to open her up to see if any upgrades were performed . Also tranny fluid change with filter. I know I should flush the top hydraulic fluid . I’ll get the estimate from the dealer . I believe there are a few Jaguar shops in town I should check with also .

Once you have title, I'd just drop in and ask the service writer if they can help you with any maintenance history.

Then, I'd look for an independent shop to do any work. A Jaguar dealer will break you, as far as repairs/maintenance.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Hello from Tucson , I have my ‘02 XKR and I love her , what a beautiful car , just replaced a o2 sensor on bank 1 and the driver side combo switch , just turned 76 K miles . Now if I only had the owners manual so I could figure out which button to collapse the side mirrors and make other adjustments .
    I wish everyone a healthy new year .
  • Options
    Hello from Tucson , I have my ‘02 XKR and I love her , what a beautiful car , just replaced a o2 sensor on bank 1 and the driver side combo switch , just turned 76 K miles . Now if I only had the owners manual so I could figure out which button to collapse the side mirrors and make other adjustments .
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,336

Search eBay for the manual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4