Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subaru Impreza Outback Sport & TS

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    The Forester, Outback, and Outback Sport are all pre-wired, so the harness for the tow hitch plugs right in. IMO this is a huge bonus if you plan to tow and will install the hitch yourself (like I did). Do you really want to splice wires and risk screwing up the electricals? Not me.

I'm not saying you can't tow with a WRX, but I'd leave the hitch installation to a pro.

What's amazing is the flexibility of this vehicle. You have people comparing the OBS to RAV4s, while WRX wagons are test driven after Audi S4 Avants. What other car has that kind of reach in terms of competition?

-juice
  • celeste2celeste2 Posts: 362
    thanks for posting that link. I had no idea it had gone to that many pages! Do you see many 2002 Imprezas in Ireland? Where I live I'm probably the only 2002 OBS in all of Central Florida, however almost every day a see a WRX sedan. There are alot of those out there. People complain about the two tone, but except for the WRX wagon in blue, I think the two tone really adds something to the wagon that seems to lack in just one color on the WRX wagon.
  • barresa62barresa62 Posts: 1,379
    I don't live in Ireland, I just changed the city name in my profile so that I could get an Irish flag by my name to reflect the majority of my heritage. I actually live in Seattle where I see a ton o'Soobies everyday. :-) I actually post a lot in the i-club NW chapter. Here's a two-week old pic of my car:

I also like the 2-tone on the current OBS. It's well done and not too garish. The secondary color is a lot more pleasing to the eye than the greyish color that was used prior.

Stephen
  • revkarevka Posts: 1,750
    Hi Folks - Interesting Town Hall Subaru chat, this evening (18 April), for both Subaru Owners and non-Subaru owners. Rick Rhoades, Subaru of America Technical Service Instructor, and Pete Eike, Subaru National Fixed Operations Training Manager will discuss all aspects of maintaining your vehicle, including which areas need attention prior to making those long trips.

If you are around at 6-7 pm Pacific Time or 9-10 ET please join us. And don't forget to fill out the interesting survey in the Chat area as well. Here's the link: http://www.edmunds.com/townhall/chat/subarumaintenancechat041802.html

Thanks!

Revka
    Host
    Hatchbacks & Station Wagons Boards
    Nice car. If you lived in Florida you'd have to get those windows tinted dark like mine!! Silver looks pretty cool with dark tint too!!! Some get that reflective tint on the silver wagon, which looks even better IMO.

Here's a little I-Club member showing off how the exhaust sounds on his dad's WRX wagon:

Yeah, tinting is on my list. Of course, living in Seattle as opposed to Florida kept the tinting a little lower on my list, LOL!

Stephen
  • brekkebrekke Posts: 304
    yet, in the two weeks I was in FL I saw 3 2002 OBSes, including yours!

BTW did you get your goodies installed yet?
    Stephen: Did you see the pic of that little guy I inserted?

Caroline: No I didn't order the sway bar yet. Soon, though.

However I did switch to synthetic motor oil yesterday, Mobil 1. The engine just seems to run even quiter and smoother. It will be interesting to see if the gas mileage goes up a little, too!

Oh yes, I did get the mudflaps yesterday and they are on now. Really look soooo nice and molded on!
    Great pic! We get em' into Subarus early, don't we? :-)

Here's a pic of my latest (and I might add, most important) mod!
    Say hello to Mr.Mahoney. He loves bellying up to the bar...Cusco strut bar, that is.

Stephen :-)
  • 99gs99gs Posts: 109
    How do you like the strut? Jack
    There's one for sale at the Yahoo Outback Sport Club, a nice lookin' white 98, really sweet, nice wheels, around $12,000. San Francisco area. Pass it on if there's anyone you know interested.

Stephen, that monkey looks like he's in shock. I think you scared the poor little critter with some wild driving!

This white Legacy is my older son's car. You can see his feet in the sandals, younger son is in the Subie shirt. He just put on a Weapon-R intake, full Borla exhaust with headers and everything, and an underdrive pulley. Also just put on new tires. I got to drive it yesterday--yeeehaw! Shifted up thru the gears hard and had it up over 60 in no time at all, son!! Really fast but feels smooth and refined... (my car is just barely in the picture to the left)

I took off the Outback Sport stickers on the side today and was relatively easy, the goopy stuff was aggravating to get off but it's all done and shined up now!
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Bob - you looking for a car for your daughter? Or were you going to buy new.

Nice fleet, celeste.

-juice
  • rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,788
    is just a wee bit too far away...

Bob
  • gotwrxgotwrx Posts: 52
    I've heard they really help with cornering.

Celeste: Glad my wife didn't know you could do that or she might not have let me get the WRX. Sorry If I annoyed you with the comment about he two tone paint a few post back. Actually it was red two tone outback sport that first caught my eye impreza wise. Think I prefered the previous full lower body look than the new "wheel well spats" look but they look cool whatever imo.

tim
    Glad my wife didn't know you could do that or she might not have let me get the WRX :-)

Sorry If I annoyed you with the comment about he two tone paint a few post back. Actually it was red two tone outback sport that first caught my eye impreza wise. Think I prefered the previous "full lower body" look than the new "wheel well spats" look but they are cool any way imo.

tim
    You mean about removing the stickers?

I have entertained thoughts about removing those wheel well "spats" but I think they are more than just stickers and would take some body work, it seems the black paint is on top of them so I won't mess with that now. But who knows, maybe in the future?????
    "Spats" are paint I think. Wouldn't try to remove them unless you know a good paint shop.

Tim
  • rblelandrbleland Posts: 312
    I got my Midnight Black Pearl 5 spd. TS on March 8 and now have about 3300 kms on it. It is feeling better every day and has loosened up nicely. It is going tomorrow for a change of oil/filter to remove the "break-in" oil (not required by warranty, but dealer & I think it's a good idea). I enjoy the car a lot and am pleased to be shifting again after the auto. in the 4Runner. Did a quick down and back to Vancouver on last Saturday (780 kms or about 475 mi round trip); the TS was comfortable, easy to drive and strong over the two mountain passes enroute. Initially, I thought the '02 Impreza looks a bit "odd", but have really found the styling grows on you. No problems (touch wood) and love the car.
  • bluesubiebluesubie Posts: 3,497
    Glad you're happy with your TS!

Just an FYI, Subaru's don't use break-in oil. No, it can't hurt to change it though.

-Dennis
This discussion has been closed.