Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chrysler Town and Country EX/LX/LXi/Limited

Comments

• Options
    lsherlsher Member Posts: 29
    For ecnirp1:
    ecnirp1 ??
    If your T&C is like mine, the side air bags are in the outer edges of the front seat backs and are clearly marked there. (I had to ask, too!)
    -Larry
    Naples, NY
  • Options
    jshelmerjshelmer Member Posts: 2
    As the subject says, we have a 2001 T&C LXi. I was wondering if anyone knows if the following 2 things can be done:

1) Our LXi's exterior rear view mirrors are heated, but not auto-dimming. Could an auto-dimming mirror be installed on the left side of the LXi? The Limited has this feature, but I'm not sure if it's heated too.

2) The Limited has two interior lights for the rear bench identical to the two lights above the middle seats. The LXi doesn't have these. Could they be installed using the Limited parts? Is the wiring harness the same in the LXi and the Limited?

We have had the T&C for 8 months, and have put 18,000 miles on it already. It's been a great van for us, with absolutely NO problems. We chose the T&C over the Odyssey because we didn't want the folding rear bench, and the T&C had *many* more features. I'm so tired of Odyssey proponents taking about the folding rear bench as if it was the most important feature of any van. We have 3 children, and the split removable rear bench is much more convenient for us. We can remove only one side and still seat 5. Why doesn't any reviewer ever mention this? Edmund's own reviews are so biased toward the Odyssey, even though their own 2001 GC on long term review drives better and has more features than the 2001 Odyssey. In my opinion, Honda is finally catching up to the Chryslers with the 2002 Odyssey. Anyway, enough of my ranting. I just had to get that off of my chest.
  • Options
    4aodge4aodge Member Posts: 288
    Regarding your feelings towards the Odyssey and the "magic seat", I totally agree with you. We own a 2000 Chrysler Town & Country LX with 33k miles and it has been a great vehicle. I too am sick of reviewers, especially edmunds.com, treated the "magic seat" as if it is the benchmark for what makes or breaks a minivan.

Yes, they are biased towards the Odyssey in just about any review of any minivan they post. Even the reviewers themselves own Odysseys. They also always seem to fail to mention the benefits of having a 50/50 split rear seat over a fold-away seat as you have mentioned.

Oh well, Honda still cannot match the convienence and comfort features that Chrysler offers in it's line of minivans, especially the Town & Country. In my humble opinion, of course...

-Adam
  • Options
    carleton1carleton1 Member Posts: 560
    Very difficult to understand. Each minivan has distinct advantages with DC having ZERO competition in the comfort and convenience area.
    Within DC, the T&C are nicer than GC. For example: Top of the line GC ES does NOT offer a power passenger seat standard on one T&C LXi and Limited. The GC eL has 4 wheel ABS with drum brakes on rear while T&C eL has 4 wheel DISC ABS.
    My 99 GC SE is 2nd to the bottom of GC lineup for 1999. It has separately controlled temperature for driver and front passenger, auto-locking power door locks, heating coils at base of windshield, complete overhead console with compass/outside temp/trip computer, a built in child safety seat, padded armrests on front doors that are NOT available on my sister's 2001 Ody EX.
    Although we own a Grand Caravan, we feel the T&C is the most attractive minivan. We have never taken out the rear seat to haul large items nor have we ever needed the extra space offered by the over-hyped fold-into-the floor magic seat. Our 3rd row seat is much more comfortable than the magic seat in my sister's 2001 Ody EX.
  • Options
    dave210dave210 Member Posts: 242
    Now this is just me being nit picky, but......

While the T&C LXi may have a standard power passenger seat, the T&C LXi does not even give you the option of an auto dimming interior rear view mirror or auto dimming outside driver's mirror, where the DGC ES does. The DGC ES also has auto headlights as an option.

To get those "auto" features on a T&C, you must go up to the Limited. Since Dodge doesn't have an alternative to the Limited, they tend to actually offer most of the Limited's features on an ES. And once you add in the huge ES option packages, it does come with a power passenger seat.

The only things the ES doesn't have that the Limited does is the Premium bucket seats with leather/sued combo and the Memory mirrors, driver's seat, radio presets, and pedals.

The ES, when full loaded, is priced between (about) a fully loaded LXi and a fully loaded Limited.

Having previously owned a 1996 T&C LXi, I was all set on getting another one (LXi), but realized that the LXi now was stripped of some of it's old great features, because I suppose Chrysler needed to differentiate the Limited from the LXi. So even though the LXi used to have auto dimming mirrors and memory settings, I guess Chrysler knew JUST sued seats (which I could do without) and chrome wheels weren't going to cut it when they were asking a $2000 premium over the LXi.
  • Options
    lsherlsher Member Posts: 29
    Dave210 writes:
    "While the T&C LXi may have a standard power passenger seat..."

Not true. My '02 T&C LXi AWD (29U) came through without a power passenger seat, despite the brochure's statement to the contrary. (My dealer still says that he is going to get the parts and put one in, on his nickel, since he assured me--similarly misled by the brochure--that this feature was present.) I have cloth upholstery. Perhaps with leather and/or heated seats...???

The other gotcha was a CD player. The standard radio (with my model) will not play CDs as delivered. Once again, the brochure is misleading, although this one, perhaps, I should have caught.

Otherwise, my opinion at 4000 miles is that the vehicle is simply wonderful.

-Larry
    Naples, NY
  • Options
    dave210dave210 Member Posts: 242
    Yes, if you had opted for the leather, you would have a power passenger seat. Misleading indeed. I hope you get that resolved.
  • Options
    tomtomtomtomtomtom Member Posts: 491
    Does anyone here install the DVD player in their vans? If so, how much did you pay and how's the quality?
  • Options
    Your data shows I have not read the brochures as carefully as I should have.
    I am disappointed that DC "watered down" the Caravan/GC SE Sport and the T&C LX and LXi in the 2001 re-design and the dropping of the Plymouth name. Most of us quite liked the Chrysler dealer being the Chrysler/Plymouth dealer.
    To me it "cheapened" the Chrysler name to put it on the Voyager and Cirrus/Sebring which should have remained Plymouth and the PT Cruiser should have been a Plymouth PT Cruiser. When I was young, Chrysler was a name for an upscale, large luxury vehicle.
  • Options
    bjohnson71bjohnson71 Member Posts: 33
    Does anyone know what the Chrysler incentives will be on T&C's after 1/8/2002?

Right now they have $1,500 but I was curious if it will be increased on the ninth.
  • Options
    mulfomimulfomi Member Posts: 56
    Hi all. Havent posted for some time but I thought I would let everyone know that I will have my 2001 T&C LXi for one year this month. Have about 10,500 miles on it.

We have had no material problems with the van. One of the sliding doors would not work intermintently and the dealer did something to it that took care of it. Dealer screwed up the installation of the video monitor in the ceiling and we had to have the headliner replace as well but that was a dealer problem. But I dont consider the above a big deal. No transmission problems/noises, no roof rack problems, and no other squeeks or rattles that I hear.

My wife drives it the most running the kids to/from school and other activities but when we go on trips and I drive it is a pleasure. My only complaint is that I just cant get comfortable in the drivers seat regarding height. I want to sit lower and I cant get it any lower. I am tall so I suppose that is part of the problem. I do love the sound system and the kids love the vcr/monitor for those long trips.

Just wanted to post and indicate that I am very happy with the van and it has had no material problems. It seems that so many posts are about what is wrong with their van, so I wanted to make sure and say I am extremely happy with my van.
  • Options
    DC minivans are just as reliable as any now made. If you want to read about minivan problems, go read in any brand "Problems Forum" here in the Town Hall.
    Many people are envious of the nice comfort, convenience, and luxury features of DC minivans and most especially the T&C LXi and T&C Limited where no other minivan can compete. To justify having an inferior van, they troll in DC forums and post fabrications of demented souls.
  • Options
    redaduffyredaduffy Member Posts: 2
    I'm so confused! I can't decide between an Odyssey EX-LRES (leather & DVD) or a T&C Ltd. The DVD is very important to me since I have a 3 yr old that loves her movies. Edmunds finds the Ody to be the finest van out there but I have a real problem with buying an import & paying sticker price for any vehicle. Besides, T&C has more niceties & the most comfortable seats ever. My problem with T&C? Reliability. I'm scared to death to pay so much for a van that's going to cause problems after the warranty expires. What made you all buy T&Cs? Does Chrysler's reputation for poor quality and reliability concern you?
  • Options
    Hey, redaduffy. My family bought a 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan SE on January 2, 1998 and it served us very well for three years and 70k miles. It drove like new the day we turned it in for our 2000 Chrysler Town & Country. Why did we buy a Chrysler van?

The Town & Country is the best looking van around in our opinion and we could also get it for an excellent price at the time (just as you can now). What's even better is the comfort and convienience features Chrysler offers that many other minivans don't have. For the 2002 model year they are things like leather/suede interior, power everything, heated seats, power lifttgate and door with obstacle detection system, tire pressure monitor, tri zone climate control ,ect. Besides these things, the Town & Country drives and handles very nicely and the seates are very comfortable.

Also, I have two friends who own Chrysler Town & Country minivans and they too love their vehicles. Trent owns a 1998 Town & Country LXi with 50k miles on it and they havent had any problems. The same can be said for my neighbors 1997 Town & Country LXi that has over 70k miles, last time I checked.

So to answer your question, we are not worried about Chrysler reliability now and were not before we bought our 2000 Town & Country which currently has over 34k trouble-free miles. I think now is an excellent time to buy because even if you are still concerned about problems, you still can get that free 100k mile 7 year warranty. Good luck in finding the right car for you!

-Adam
  • Options
    Either choice would be nice. We do not want all the extras so the choice for us is the Odyssey LX or T&C/ GC eL model.
    We bought a loaded 99 GC SE (equal now to the T&C LX...Adam's 2000 T&C LX is nicer than 01-02 T&C LX) after we had ordered a 99 Odyssey LX-C. Each minivan has advantages with the Odyssey having a powerful, smooth 3.5L V6 with 5 speed automatic standard and the Magic Seat for people who may want to haul large items on occasions. The T&C will have more items of luxury (such as separately controlled temperature for the driver and front passenger) but the two minivans each have advantages.
    If you are thinking of selling or trading in a few years, the Odyssey will probably have a higher resale. Reliability of the two should be equal since DC minivan reliability has greatly improved in recent years.
    As Adam says, "Good luck in finding the right car for you".
  • Options
    shuedshued Member Posts: 107
    It is true, that GC EX look more beautiful than
    Ody LX, and GC EX has average reliability.
    I choice Ody LX, not because of its third row seat, reliability. But because of:
    1): Under Hood, at GC van, it is very difficult
    to access maintenance items for DIY. It looks
    that there have 100 parts under GC van hood,
    but only have 60 parts under Ody van Hood.
    2): Higher MSRP of GC van. It is true that
    final cost of deals may close. But it takes
    time and energy to negotiate DC dealer.
    So why DC van can reduce their MSRP?
    3): On this board, DC van owners likes to trade
    in their old van at about 50K to 80K miles,
    But if I hope to keep the Van more than 10 year
    and more than 100K mile? Short term (5 years)
    reliability of DC van may close with that of Ody
    van, but how about long term (10 years) reliability?
  • Options
    I personally know 3 DC owners who have driven over 100,000 miles in their DC minivans and only 1 had any problems.
    Louise P. got a 1986 Caravan SE when it was 1 year old and had about 10,000 miles. It had 170,000 trouble free miles when it was sold. The third owner is still enjoying the reliable 86 Caravan.
    John P. got a used early 90's Grand Voyager when it had about 10,000 miles. When I retired in 1996, his Voyager had over 110,000 trouble free miles and he said he did nothing but change the oil and oil filter.
    Dale and Heidi got a used 1996 T&C LXi and used it to tow a trailer in their business. The transmission failed at 150,000 miles. They had the transmission re-built and are still driving their 96 LXi. Heidi told me they think the towing of a heavier trailer than they should have done was the cause of the transmission failure.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I think you are looking for the Honda Odyssey vs Dodge/Chrysler minivans comparison topic.

Steve
    Host
    SUVs, Vans and Aftermarket & Accessories Message Boards
  • Options
    redaduffyredaduffy Member Posts: 2
    I'm glad to see so many people enjoying their T&Cs. I have to say that I'm heavily leaning toward it, except for that darn DVD set up. It's installed under the rear seat. How am I to change disks or start the movies with it way back there? The Ody has it in the dash with a remote control. Any guess on when Chrysler will figure out a factory installed system that is easier to operate?
  • Options
    mulfomimulfomi Member Posts: 56
    The location of the DVD player may have changed. I got the video system except with a VCR since all our kids movies are on VHS tapes. The VCR fits in the center console between the front seats. Im not sure why they couldnt put a DVD player in that as well. Mine is a 2001 T&C so perhaps they changed the location. It sure is handy as my wife can change tapes without moving out of her seat at all.
  • Options
    f1_nutf1_nut Member Posts: 10
    I have a 01 T&C LTD AWD and I have had not one problem. Considering all the bells and whistles on this thing and it being a 1st year redesign model, that's dam good no matter what make.
    I work with 2 guys who own that ody-thing and they both have had numerous problems with the sliding doors. And judging from the problems forum, they aren't the only ones having problems. The ody isn't as reliable as an accord, so don't be blinded by the honda name. Don't get me wrong, the ody is a nice van, it just wasn't for me and my research said that the T&C was just as if not more reliable.

As far as the DVD player, I thought too, that it was in the center console and could either be placed between the front seats or the second row.

Good luck in your descision,
  • Options
    djr511djr511 Member Posts: 2
    I'm deciding between buying either a T&C LXi or an EX. I've been to dealers several times and don't feel like talking to a salesman again until I'm ready to buy. Can any of you give me details about the Electronics Convenience Group? The Chrysler brochure isn't very descriptive.
  • Options
    f1_nutf1_nut Member Posts: 10
    It's been a while since I seen any discussion about the dreaded wind noise deal. I finally got new cross bars put on my van and the noise is gone.

In case anyone might wonder if there is a visible difference between the noisy and quiet ones, yes there is. The old noisy ones ran fairly parallel to the roof (from left to right), the new quiet ones have a very defined arc to them, which makes them an inch or two taller at the center. There crossection profile is identical.

-01 T&C LTD AWD
  • Options
    Regarding the electronics convienience group offered for the 2002 model year, I picked this up off of www.chrysler.com.

Electronics Convenience Group
    ELECTRONICS CONVENIENCE GROUP-Includes rear courtesy reading lamps, tire pressure monitoring system and vehicle information center. includes
    Lamps - Rear Courtesy/Reading
    Tire Pressure Monitoring System
    Vehicle Information Center

Hope this helps!

--Adam 00 T&C LX
  • Options
    ecnirp1ecnirp1 Member Posts: 13
    I too was looking at both the t&C lxi and the EX and bought the EX two weeks ago. It offers enough bells and whistles to make us very happy. We didn't need "everything" the T&C had to offer. There was no rebate on the EX and we got the only two options available: Side air bags and left side power door. We ended up paying $500 under invoice and with tax, tags, delivery we were still below sticker. Now if we could only sell our Camry....
  • Options
    ml42305ml42305 Member Posts: 4
    Lamps - Rear Courtesy, you get one lamp in each
    corner of the van instead of a center
    rear dome lamp,

Tire Pressure Monitoring System - Will tell you when a tire is below 20 psi.

Vehicle Information Center -
    Will tell you when a door is open and which door it is.

Mike
  • Options
    ml42305ml42305 Member Posts: 4
    I drove the Honda EX and I drove the T&C LXI. I bought the Chrysler because the seats are better, the handling is better, the 3.8 has better low-end torque, the climate control is better, the interior light controls are better, the stereo is better, and I could get one in blue.
  • Options
    djr511djr511 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks to those who answered about the Electronic Convenience Package. From Mike's description, I don't think that I would specifically order it. But the extra charge wouldn't prevent me from taking a vehicle on the lot if it already had it.

-Doug
  • Options
    ed12ed12 Member Posts: 100
    I was supposed to get my T&C AWD about now, six weeks after ordering. Now the dealer tells me it will be another four weeks. He says the AWD may be the problem. Anybody know.
  • Options
    mcl7mcl7 Member Posts: 3
    I own a TC Limited 01 with 7000 miles,about 2 months ago,my minivan was experiencing
    stalling problems only when cold; dealer fixed it saying it was a defective thorottle sensor;
    now the car runs smoothly cold or hot, no more stalling. However now I can hear a loud
    humming noise coming from under the car by the middle section, dealer changed the fuel pump
    and the noise went away for 3 weeks, now it has returned. I took it to another dealer and asked
    one of the service guys to sit in the car and listen with the car idling; and he said that is the
    fuel pump it's loud but it is normal. My question is the noise was not there when I bought the
    minivan, also does anyone has this problem. Is it a problem? Is there a solution? I do not
    regret getting this minivan over the oddysey, if I could fix this humming fuel pump.
    Anybody who could help me ,I'd greatly appreciate it.
    mcl7.
  • Options
    george66george66 Member Posts: 7
    I'm about to buy a T&C EX for "dealer invoice" which includes about $700 for advertising, How did you buy for $500 under invoice? Any help would be appreciated.
  • Options
    phaedrus001phaedrus001 Member Posts: 2
    Spent all of 60 minutes picking out and driving off with an '02 T&C Limited today. This was at a Carmax no-haggle pricing dealership in LA. Paid about $700 under invoice (per my calculations), and no advertising fee was included. (Total price of $33,339 for FWD, Rear Audio, 4-CD changer, and towing package) Even better, then I got another $2K cash back from Chrysler so I paid $31,339 before tax and license. Felt like a pretty good deal and was very easy. Hopefully, this vehicle won't cause me too much trouble.
  • Options
    phaedrus001phaedrus001 Member Posts: 2
    Forgot to mention the handy rear cargo organizer that was included.

Had thoughts of putting in a DVD until I saw the prices. Dealer wanted $1700. For that I could buy everyone their own personal DVD player!!! Has anyone found one that's SIGNIFICANTLY more reasonable?
  • Options
    tomtomtomtomtomtom Member Posts: 491
    I have asked my local DC parts/ service on the DVD. They want $1600 for the unit and $250 for the installation (2 1/2 hours labor they said). I still don't know where the player would go since there is no picture on DC's web nor any brochure I can read in the parts dept. Anyone of you have a picture of the DVD and the location? Anyway, I think this is a better deal than the VCP they have.
  • Options
    mtg2670mtg2670 Member Posts: 1
    I AM LOOKING INTO BUYING A 01 TC LTD. BEST PRICE I CAN FIND IS $30,500 THE MSRP IS $36,685. IN THIS PRICE THE DEALER IS GIVING THE 3K REBATE. I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT THERE IS ALSO A $300 CORP REBATE. THE $300 CORP REBATE IS GOOD IF THE VAN IS TITLED IN THE NAME OF A BUSINESS. THE DEALER WITH THE LOWEST PRICE STATES THAT THE $300 REBATE DOESN'T APPLY TO THE 2001 MODELS ONLY THE 2002. ANYONE OUT THERE KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND A CORRECT ANSWER?
  • Options
    rj56hrj56h Member Posts: 1
    Several Chrylser dealers have recently stated Chrysler does NOT include co-op advertising fees in Chrylser's factory invoice price. However, the dealer must pay this factory invoice price plus the advertising costs to Chrysler. This final cost is considered the "dealer's invoice" cost. The "dealer's invoice" cost is approx. $700 (3%) over the widely published "factory invoice" cost. The Chrylser dealers claim Ford and GM includes the advertising costs in their "factory invoice" costs.

These same dealers are offering a 2002 T&C EX (no options) for $5 under "dealer's invoice" cost to $50 over "dealer's invoice" cost. This equates to $655-$750 over the present "factory invoice" cost cost of $25,304 for this EX.

As much as I believe the dealers need to sell cars for a profit to continue doing business, I think this "dealers's invoice" terminology may be a ploy to convince a potential buyer that he/she is really getting a great deal. By offering a pittance of a margin over "dealer invoice"; rather than "factory invoice", the dealer is actually reaping a $700+ margin in addition to his 3% holdback fee from Chrysler. The dealer would then net approx. $1450 in total on the sale of a $25,000 T&C. I honestly don't believe Chrysler actually separately charges the dealers a 2-3% advertising fee per vehicle.

Does anyone share this similar opinion? Has anyone actually obtained a 2002 T&C EX for an amount of money over or under "factory invoice" cost rather than "dealer invoice" cost? If so, was your trade-in price fair and reasonable as the dealer may have greatly reduced his trade-in price to offset his profit margin loss on the new vehicle?
  • Options
    One local Chrysler dealer salesman showed me their invoice for a 2002 T&C eL that had the luggage rack option. MSRP was $24580, Edmund's Factory Invoice was $23249 and TMV was $23,539. Their invoice showed 2 items which showed their actual invoice was $23,742 which looked legitimate to me. My price was $23,972 which is a discount of $608 off MSRP.
    The Voyager eC, T&C eL and eX were priced by DC to sell with no discounts, incentives, rebates, etc. and DaimlerChrysler offers NO incentives on these 3 models.
    I think it will be difficult to get people weaned off the old sales policy of discounts, rebates, incentives but a comparison of features on the T&C eL to Windstar, Venture, Montana, Silhouette, Sienna, etc. indicates the eL MSRP is priced about $4000 to $5000 less than MSRP of these other brands with comparable options.
  • Options
    macroriemacrorie Member Posts: 4
    We are contemplating purchasing a '99 T&C Ltd with 41,900 miles. My husband is blind & we are needing input on the reliability of this van. It seems so wonderful & we would appreciate any & all input...good or bad.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    I know many people who have had no problems with T&C, Grand Caravan, Caravan, Voyager and Grand Voyager. My niece and her husband have a T&C Limited or LXi they use to tow a trailer for their business. The transmission failed at 150,000 miles but she says it is because they towed a trailer too heavy for it. They had transmission fixed and drive it to northern Utah and back to south central Nebraska regularly since getting the transmission fixed.
    Our daughter's best friend had a 96 T&C LXi they got used. At about 100,000 miles they had A/C problems so they shopped and could find no other minivan they liked as well so they traded it on a newer 99 T&C Limited. They got an extended warranty on the 99.
    Our daughter got an extended warranty when they bought our 99 GC SE from the dealer when we traded it on our 2002 T&C eL. The 99 GC had 37,240 miles and one problem: coolant leak at 35,002 miles which the dealer fixed the next day by replacing both head gaskets at no charge under original factory warranty. I would have trusted our 99 GC but felt it may be wise for them to get the warranty (so I would not worry that something might go wrong with it).
  • Options
    Thank you Carleton1 for your input. Do you know of any particular extended warranties that outshine them all??? Or for that matter...does anyone out there know of them?
  • Options
    Hello there, macrorie. I have a 2000 Town & Country LX that has 35k miles and we have not experienced any serious mechanical problems with the van since we bought it. I have a neighbor with a 1997 Town & Country LXi which has 79k miles and zero problems. I have another friend with a 2000 Town & Country Limited with 56k miles on it and no serious problems either.

Overall, the reliability of the Town & Country models from the last few model years have been pretty good but I would get a good warranty just in case. You can never be to careful with a used car. Hopefully this helps!

-Adam
  • Options
    It is best to get the extended warranty sold by the company that built the vehicle. DaimlerChrysler has many different levels of warranty for NEW or used DC vehicles. The pricing depends on the level of protection desired.
    We declined the Extended Warranty on our 2002 T&C eL as we feel the 3/36,000 Factory Warranty with 7/100,000 Powertrain Warranty is more than necessary.
    However, after being asked, I suggested the 2/24,000 miles DamilerChrysler Powertrain Plus Warranty to my daughter and son-in-law when they bought our 99 GC SE we traded in on our new T&C. I would have not purchased an extended warranty for the 99 GC SE as I felt it was an outstanding vehicle that would last as long as anything currently on the market.
  • Options
    tsu670tsu670 Member Posts: 293
    Our beloved '94 Dodge Grand Caravan LE which I purchased new and took very good care of was totaled after a woman on a cell phone ran through a red light while my wife was proceeding across the intersection third in line with the green. Looking to replace it with a '97 or '98 T&C.

1) Has the A-604 finally been fixed for good in those model years, or are they still the "Achilles Heel" of Chrysler minivans?
    2) If we want heated seats (Minnesota winters) and both driver and passenger power adjusters, which model (LX, LXI, etc) should we be looking at?
    3) Is there a choice of engines for '97/'98 (3.3L vs 3.8L)? We won't be towing, and the 3.3L on our GC LE was fabulous! No problems in 69k miles. But perhaps to get other features we need to accept the 3.8L.

Any other advice or sharing of experience would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.
  • Options
    sunfox1sunfox1 Member Posts: 3
    At the end of December I took delivery of a factory ordered '02 Limited. So far, with just 1,200k on the dial, I am extremely impressed. Comfort, fit and finish, power!

This replaces a '92 Voyager LX, which was doing good, but starting to need a lot of new stuff. I sold it to my uncle after fixing everything that needed work. Due to a "mysterious" failure of the radio, the dealer just put in a "new" refurbished Infinity at no charge (same features as the old one, but newer design and a better EQ).

Back to the T&C. I've only noticed two things so far with it:

1) Squeek somewhere in the upper half of the right side passenger sliding door. I haven't been able to pin it down to a particular location -- happens on sharp bumps, starting to get on my nerves now that I've noticed it.

2) The rear window fluid squirter seems to run down the middle of the glass in a 3-inch wide "river". Is this normal, or should it instead be "spraying"?

Mechanically and feature wise, everything seems 100%. Let me tell you, this is QUITE the upgrade from the '92!
  • Options
    fly6869fly6869 Member Posts: 17
    My 2001 EX now has 18000 miles on it and I cant say as I am happy. Problems as to date: steering rack replaced, timing chain cover replaced {leaking oil}, still leaking oil, tailgate will not open on it's own when the temperature is below 32 degres, dash rattles, drivers door has a rattle they cant fix and the left side sliding door has to be pushed very hard to get it to close. Maybe I should have bought the Honda..I rolled the dice. Good luck
  • Options
    Thanks for all the wonderful input you have given. We pick up our '99 T&C Lmt tomorrow & I'm so excited & you all helped give us that excitement by your wonderful comments.
    We're checking out Warranty Gold (ext warranty) Co. out of TX. They sound like they have a good warranty...if anyone feels the opposite, let us know. I'll wait & watch for comments before we go the next step of the ext warr.
  • Options
    rolfe2rolfe2 Member Posts: 81
    That's how my rear washer works (a stream, not a spray). I just hit the wash button for short bursts while the wiper is cycling. Works fine.

--rolfe.
  • Options
    wolveseatsheepwolveseatsheep Member Posts: 41
    How many T&Cs does DC make every year?
  • Options
    dchoppdchopp Member Posts: 256
    Has anyone out there leased their T&C and if so what kind of prices are we talking about. I have always purchased my vehicles but the thought of getting a new vehicle every three years and not putting up a lot of cash up front made me think that maybe leasing is the way to go.DCH
  • Options
    abgrubbsabgrubbs Member Posts: 3
    I've just bought a leftover new 2001 Inferno red T&C LX with the K package and power liftgate and roof rack. Got a great deal on it and love it so far!

One thing I've been trying to figure out is the "auto unlock" feature listed in the owners manual. It makes reference to using features of the overhead console that I don't have (I only have the compass/temp in mine).

Is there some other key/power lock button procedure that can enable this, or do I just not have the feature without having the security system or the full overhead console?

thanks,

--Bert
This discussion has been closed.