Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Pontiac Grand Am

1454647484951»

Comments

• Options
    kimberann24kimberann24 Member Posts: 2
    you may want to check the heater resistor i had this same problem in my 01 grand am except it only worked on high
  • Options
    love4g_kidslove4g_kids Member Posts: 1
    I Have Offer To Buy A 1998 Grand Am From Frends mom. Dealer Maintained Hwy Miles (220,000) Only thing is that about every 90-100 miles it would die. asking 1600. for it. other than that is a great sound and clean car. should i buy or run. im concerned because my young grandbabies will be in car at times.
  • Options
    burdawgburdawg Member Posts: 1,524
    With that many miles I would keep away. Even if it looks good on the outside that mileage means your looking at some potential large repair bills, more than it is worth.
  • Options
    bauer46bauer46 Member Posts: 1
    First of all there is no way your brother set the timing on this car so Don't pat him in the back, your car could have a intake manifold leak check and tighten all bolts on intake, also check all vaccuum line for cracks or leaks, also check your idle control system having it scaned it should tell if faulty, Here's a way you can bring the codes up yourself, on your data link connector run a jumper wire between A and B terminal, turn on key Do not start just turn key onl ook at service engine light it will blink a code 12 three times and then it will start blinking your trouble codes if you know someone who knows how to count these codes that would help. write down the code numbers then look up the numbers in a shop manual or I think they mite even be in your owners manual. good luck. Idle air code is 35
  • Options
    tgaddistgaddis Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Was wanting to ask how you got this issue resolved or if you did? I have a 99 Grand Am SE V6 that is showing the codes.....

P1665 GM EVAP Vent Valve Solenoid Control Circuit (1998)
    P1676 GM EVAP Canister Purge Solenoid Control CKT

Can this really be as simple as a stupid gas cap?