Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Elantra 2001-2006

Comments

• arukisharukish Member Posts: 7
    I just bought Elantra 01.I do have a door problem .I need to close it with more pressure.Is it a mfg. defect?
  • moledad125moledad125 Member Posts: 14
    Tony, received air filter today. You were right the filter for the 2000 Elantra does not fit the 2001 Elantra air box. It's about an 1/2" to big for the box. Width wise it was good, length wise it was too long. Guess I'll have to send it back. By the way the part # was 33-2753. Al
  • uttutt Member Posts: 16
    I'm hoping to get a Hyundai Elantra GT when they are released. I wonder if anyone has experience with the Hyundai Service Centers in the Puget Sound (WA) area? A long warranty is great only as long as they treat you properly. I'll be posting this question on all Hyundai model boards, so thanks for bearing with me!
  • tmundartmundar Member Posts: 70
    I don't have information about the service centers in Washington, but I can give you my opinion of a service center here in Arizona.

For everything that the warranty covers, go to the dealer, but for everything that you have to pay for (i. e. maintenance), get it done at an honest independent garage.

I got all of my maintenance done at the local dealer (Pitre Hyundai) for the first 60,000 miles, but the will never get another penny from me. When I went in for my 60,000 mile service, they charged me about $120 more for the 60,000 then was printed on their price sheet. The original price was crossed out and the higher price was written next to it in pen. I should have been more vocal at my annoyance, but I am too non-confrontational. I should have let my wife deal with him, she would have had him begging for mercy before she was finished with him.

This wasn't the first time that I was burned by this service department. I ended up paying for a part that I believe they broke working on a previous warranty repair. They replaced the lifters on one visit, and then the next time I went in, I had to pay them to repair a broken valve cover.

You should try out your local dealer. Not all dealers are as bad as this one, but keep your eyes open. I wish that I had figured out sooner how bad my dealer's service department was.

Tom
  • cjaccettacjaccetta Member Posts: 236
    Mr. Mundar, it appears as though your rumor will prove to be true. Phil Reed states in the "Negotiating 101" article (link on front page) that he and Carmen Tellez acquired an Elantra for the Edmunds long-term test fleet. Good job on picking that up! I can't wait until the updates start appearing because my wife and I are thinking of buying the GLS (or GT version). We may be purchasing in June.

By the way, I wrote a mini-review of the Elantra GLS/GT from the New York Auto Show. Anyone can read it by going to the "New York Auto Show" link on the front page and scrolling down to the "contest winners" section under "reviews".

CJA
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    For winning the "Gold" in Edmunds.com's "Editor for a Day" contest at the NY Auto Show. Read Chris's winning review of the Mazda Protege 5 and Hyundai Elantra GLS here.

Way to go Chris, good work!

Pat
    Host
    Sedans and Women's Auto Center Message Boards
  • tonykrapiltonykrapil Member Posts: 211
    Very sorry to hear the news. Dont ya just hate when that happens?

I am losing interest due to all the confusion.

I dont suppose Elantra is high on the K&N company list of filters to make that could make them some money.

Lets see if there is some other low restriction air filter on the web somewhere!

Later

Tony
    Thanks for the head's up - I put a link to the article you mentioned on the left-sidebar.

If any of you are interested in discussing the concept of the article, please join us here: Are women treated differently in the car-buying process?.

What do you think? Follow that link, read Edmunds.com's editors Carmen Tellez and Philip Reed's attempt to answer that question, and share your thoughts on the process and the article itself.

Pat
    Host
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    Based on the number of questions about doors, the Elantra must have an exceptionally well-sealed passenger compartment, because I don't see these kinds of questions on other boards (e.g. Civic). No, arukish, you probably do not have a defective Elantra if the doors take a little extra force to close. Try this test: open another door or a window and check how the door closes. Then close all the other doors and the windows and try it again. If the door takes more force to close, it is just the air pressure within the car pushing back, and it's a sign of a tightly sealed passenger compartment--a good thing for noise reduction (maybe one reason why the '01 Elantra is so much quieter than earlier models).

(At least we are getting more questions now about door fit and air filters than the famous Hyundai "aroma".)
  • arukisharukish Member Posts: 7
    Thank you very much,BACKY for your prompt suggetion about door.You are right.I am happy now.I have arond 2400 miles on it in 2 months and I am happy with it.
  • rab613rab613 Member Posts: 8
    i have been reading some nice things about the 2001 elantra, but when i read the posted comments on this site, there seem to be problems which i would not like to experience firsthand. i am wondering whether comparitively, the elantra is having too many problems, or is this to be expected of any car?

further, i would appreciate hearing from owners of the 2001 to hear their feedback.

thanks to all
    Is the 2001 Elantra having "too many" problems? That's a tough question to answer. Some vehicles have proven over time to have fewer problems than others. A good way to find out about the most reliable cars over time is to check out the aforementioned Consumer Reports April '01 issue, which has reliability rankings on practically every car going back to 1993. Unfortunately, the sample size from CR readers was not large enough for CR to rate the 1993-98 Elantra in that issue. (Probably because until this year, CR has said negative things about Hyundais, steering CR readers away from them.)

Another consideration is that brand-new designs, like the '01 Elantra and '01 Civic, tend to have more problems in their first year than usual. To get a sense for these problems, you can check out the forums like this one, the Honda Civic forum, etc., where posters are not bashful about talking about even the smallest glitches in their brand-new babies (e.g., plastic screw-hole plugs that fall off, sticky fuel-filler doors, and--my personal favorite--truck lids that can be depressed a millimeter after they are closed). They also report more serious problems. But the question is, are the serious problems common or only present in the occasional "lemon"? Personally I've had no serious problems with my Elantra over its first six months and 3200 miles and am very happy with it. The car mags and CR have given the Elantra generally positive, even glowing reviews. So it's clear the serious problems noted by some posters do not occur on every Elantra.

If you really want the most reliable small car, your best bet is to buy a car that has a proven track record. Examples are the '96-'00 Civic (avoid the '01 since it is a brand-new model), the Sentra (new design in '00, so the bugs should be shaken out by now), the Corolla and its twin the Prizm (last redesign in '98), the Protege (last major redesign in '99), the Impreza (but not the brand-new '02 models), and the Saturn SL (not a great car, but a time-tested design). Steer clear of cars with a poorer-than average reliability record, like the Golf/Jetta, New Beetle, Focus, Cavalier/Sunfire, Neon, and the Elantra. You will have taken several fine cars off your list--including the VWs, Focus, and Elantra--but have a much better chance of getting a reliable car, which seems to be your major buying criterion.

You are definitely taking a risk buying a '01 Elantra, given it's a new design and given Hyundai's reliability history. I decided that the car was worth the risk, especially with the great warranty to back it up. And all evidence points to Hyundai's reliability record improving in the past few years. Still, it's not for everyone. If you really want an Elantra, you'd be better off waiting for the '02 model. Then most bugs should be taken care of and we'll know more about its reliability. You'll also be able to choose from the 4dr or the new 5dr GT, due out in limited numbers in a few weeks. Good luck on your car hunt!
  • jsapiejsapie Member Posts: 28
    Purchsaed my Elantra in December and it now reads 6,000 miles on it. Still has that new car smell and no problems. Gets 24 MPG in the city. Not bad for the HP this engine has. It is quiet and rides great for that size of car.
  • ebekinsebekins Member Posts: 21
    Last weekend we took our new Elantra from San Diego to Salt Lake City and back, and were very pleased with the car. I probably averaged about 95 mph on those long streches of I-15, and the car felt solid. Not a lot of wind noise. We are very satisfied with the car.

The only problem now is trying to get all those bug marks off the front of the car! But that's why I also lurk over on the Maintenence and Repair forum here in the Townhall.
  • futureowner3futureowner3 Member Posts: 1
    I just test drove an Elantra and am fairly certain I will buy one. I was really aware of the "funky smell" as noted in the Edmunds.com review. It seemed more pronounced when I was braking at intersections and smelled somewhat like hot rubber. Any current owner experience this? Does the smell go away?
  • sjslosjslo Member Posts: 16
    The smell goes away. It is a coating that is under the car to protect it from corrosion on its trip over from Korea. The smell fades after the first couple hundred miles, then it is standard new car smell. Oh yea, 2000 miles on my new Elantra and no complaints. I'm only getting about 30 MPG on the highway though...
  • orangelebaronorangelebaron Member Posts: 435
    Does not necessarily mean bugs will be worked out.
    Look how long Chrysler has taken to fix their 4 speed transmissions which first came out in 1990! How about alternators that don't last on GM products, year after year of new cars or Ford with Heater cores that don't last or ...... But I guess those aren't bugs, just bad designs that don't last long enough. Is there a difference?

I wouldn't worry about this with Civic, Impreza or Elantra. I have more confidence that they got it right the first time.
    I agree, longevity alone is no guarantee of reliability--although Chrysler did eventually fix their 4-speed automatics, it just took them way too long. That's why you need to look at the reliability records, such as you will find in Consumer Reports. For the more reliable makes, like Honda, Toyota, Nissan, and Subaru, almost any model is a safer bet than most other cars. But even the most reliable makes suffer first-year pains--check out the Honda Civic forum to see what I mean. Until recently, North Americans did not suffer the bugs of first-year Japanese models because the Japanese automakers introduced new models in Japan at least a year before shipping them overseas. Now new models are often introduced almost simultaneously in Japan and the U.S.

So you are welcome to have all the confidence in the world that Honda, Subaru, and Hyundai "got it right the first time" with their new models, but for buyers who are extremely cautious about reliability, it's a risker proposition than buying a proven model. Honda and Subaru et. al. have at least proven over the years that they have an excellent reliability track record. We cannot say the same yet for Hyundai, although indicators are looking up--enough at least for me to buy one of the first '01 Elantras shipped to the U.S. Besides, a little risk-taking makes life more interesting, to go along with the 140 horses.
  • jkempskiejkempskie Member Posts: 49
    Hyundai did introduce the "2001" Elantra in Korea in Spring 2000. I remember because there were some pictures of one taken on the street, posted on some random Korean website in late April or early May. This may have given Hyundai the chance to watch out for bugs, minor design flaws, etc. Still, I would think they'd be extremely cautious when introducing their cars into the U.S. market these days.

By the way, I'm still loving my 2001 Elantra. I've had it for about a month now and have averaged about 28-29 mpg on 80% suburban driving.

JEFF
    After 25 years of car ownership, my luck ran out yesterday and I watched a hailstorm pummel my '01 Elantra while it was sitting in a parking lot (no cover in sight). Not too bad--the hood and roof collected 5-6 small dents. I drove it to my local Abra body shop today, which I have used for other work (my Grand Caravan, which attracts damage like a dog attracts fleas). The manager told me that it was definitely a PDR job (paintless dent removal). I have read about the problems with PDR on other forums (like the defunct "Hail Damage Repair"). Most problems seemed to be due to the use of extreme cold to pop out the dents. Abra uses "specially designed tools" to tap out the dents from the inside, and they guarantee their work for the lifetime of the car. Does anyone have any experience with this type of repair, from Abra or elsewhere? If it works as advertised, I'd rather not mess with the factory finish.
  • truckdude1truckdude1 Member Posts: 88
    we bought a new 00 elantra 11 months ago, put almost 41,632 miles (mostly freeway) on it, get excellent mpg almost 33 and it has not let us down, i mean its not a lexus but its affordable and has made us happy so far.plus we drive alot, which makes us feel good that in 41000 its done us right, we bought the auto tranny which is barely adequate as we acclerate hard, but i tend to drive my elantra around 80-86 mph on the freeway and it does us fine, only some slight wind noise.we have accent' too but its not as good, well its a 96 with 88552 miles, we had to put a new tranny in it and struts..inform me on ur cars when you get time,thanks
  • moledad125moledad125 Member Posts: 14
    My 01 Elantra has 5200 miles on it and I just love this car! Took a 310 mile highway trip yesterday with the A/C on. Average speed 65-70mph. I got 36.5 mpg. With the price of gas heading where it's heading I'm loving it even more. Those big SUV's are nice to look at, but if gas prices continue rising you're not going to be able to give those things away.
  • cjaccettacjaccetta Member Posts: 236
    Can anyone verify that Hyundai has chosen to eliminate the $500 rebate on new Elantras? I can no longer find information about it. The Elantra is on our short list of new cars, along with the Sonata.

Thanks.
  • kugnkugn Member Posts: 1
    No, there is a $500 rebate valid until 5/31/2001 for Elantra, on their web site. I can't see it anywhere else, but it is on Hyndai USA site.
  • rab613rab613 Member Posts: 8
    would the addition of the abs option be a wise choice being that the price differential is quite large? i believt that previous posters have stressed their satisfaction with the standard brakes on the elantra even in snowy weather.
  • jc58jc58 Member Posts: 48
    I am leaning towards purchasing an Elantra and would appreciate to know the following from anyone who has a 2001 model. This would be car number 4 in our family, as now my son will be driving and I plan on letting him use my Ranger. We helped our daughter purchase a 2000 Accent and have had no problems to date, other than some rattles.

How much vibration is there when stopped at a stop light and the car is in gear. One thing about most 4 bangers is that they seem to vibrate excessively at this time.

How is acceleration with the automatic?

Are their many rattle and noises?

Is the car smooth when accelerating, how is it in the 65-80 range.

How does it handle in the snow, without traction control?

I received an offer of $13,700 ( not including tax, destination, license)for a pewter-2001 Elantra, mud guards, floor mats, option package #3. They then applied the $500 rebate. I was hoping more of getting it for invoice, then take off rebate, so I am wondering if maybe I am being overly optimistic. I have not countered yet, but may see if they will knock another $100 or $200 off the price.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
  • brainiac318brainiac318 Member Posts: 2
    I have a '97 Elantra with about 85k miles that I purchased used about a year and a half ago. Recently the check engine light came on and I have no idea what is wrong. When I come to a stop, the car jerks awfully. I was told that it may just need a tune-up. After replacing the spark plugs and wires the light went off for maybe a day and has been on ever since. Now the car is doing the same thing as before the tune-up. Has anyone else had this problem? Could somebody please let me know what could be causing these problems and how can it be fixed. Other than this the car has performed well despite an awful smell from the a/c.

Somebody... Anybody... PLEASE HELP!
    Vibration while stopped in gear: can't help you there, I have a 5spd so it's in neutral at a light; in neutral there is a barely imperceptible vibration that I can sometimes feel through the steering wheel.

Rattles and noises: virtually none. My car has some sort of little rattle that seems to come from the passenger side, front, that appears maybe once a week or so. Hasn't bothered me enough to do anything about it. Car is so quiet the main rattle I notice is my sunglasses (wire rims) rattling sometimes in their overhead holder.

Smooth while accelerating 65-80: yes, plenty of pep but mine's a 5spd. It really takes off at over 4000 rpms. Some engine growl at full throttle; I think it's sporty but not everyone may like it--test drive to be sure.

Handling in snow w/o traction control: no complaints this past (really nasty) winter in Minnesota, but all my driving is in an urban area so I didn't cope with deep snow. I really liked the braking, it didn't lock up easily even on ice.

Pricing: I agree with your strategy, starting at invoice and deducting the rebate. But it depends on how long it's been sitting around, since the holdback disappears over time. A lot depends also on how competitive the dealers are in your area. You are buying the more desirable automatic vs. 5spd, so the dealer may not give as much. But it can't hurt to try your strategy, with multiple dealers if necessary. Good luck! And be sure to drive the exact car you will be buying before signing the papers, to make sure there aren't some serious sample defects.
  • lyndon5lyndon5 Member Posts: 20
    I have noticed previous comments concerning the unavailability of a K&N filter for the 2001 Elantra. I was looking at my wife's car today and wondering about the possibility of removing the air filter box and adapting a K&N cone filter to the flex hose with a section of pipe. I did this to my 91 Mercury work car and noticed an immediate improvement. I don't see any sensor connections on the airbox that would be a problem. Not sure if this would impact the warranty. Just wondering, any thoughts out there?
    One other issue, our only problem in 6,000 miles is a low tone squeak coming from the area of the clutch slave cylinder when the clutch is depressed. No fluid leaks or loss of pressure, but we can feel the drag in the clutch pedal. Have not had a chance to take the car in for a check, just wondered if anyone else had experienced this squeak.
    Here is a reply I did get from an AMSOIL technician.

Maybe this will help

The 2001 Elantra uses the S1919 AMSOIL air filter. It is a special order filter so it doesn’t show up to buy. We do not have a foam air filter for the 2000 Sonata, but we do offer the AF1070 Hastings filter, however, it is a paper filter. For pricing and/or ordering information, please call 800-956-5695.

Tony
    I seem to be the only guy these days with a noise coming from the brakes of a 01 Elantra.

The noise is coming from the back wheels and is a clicking sound of sorts.

Cant realy feel it, but it sounds like the braing material has seperated from the brake shoe itself and catching in an oblong drum.... remember, this is what it sounds like.

Stopping hard a few times cures it for most of the day. I had it in 3 times already for this and they have cleaned the drums, turned the rotors, turned the drums..... They are talking proportioning valve next maybe.

Anyone else have this annoyance????????

Other than this the car is fine. 6000 miles, Quite, powerful and good mileage. Good a/c and handling in the heavy downpours here in Florida.

If these brakes would start behaving, this would be an absolute perfect car in my opinion.

See ya.

Tony
  • darpin1darpin1 Member Posts: 49
    The one I hear from time to time on my 01 Elantra sounds like the valve in the exhaust closing when I am stopped. (there is a valve that opens at high rpms)...just a thought I'd pass along.
  • browneybrowney Member Posts: 104
    You should check to make sure the oxygen sensor was replaced around 70k mi. These are part of the required maintenance. When they go bad it will cause poor gas mileage, stalling, and rough idle.
    I also list other possible causes in Post #893.
    Cost to repair the oxygen sensor should be around $100.
  • jyk1981jyk1981 Member Posts: 37
    tonykrapil: My 2001 Elantra had same thing..
    The clicking noise from the rear break.. I went to deler shop and ask them to fix it.. but somehow my car did not make clicking noise in front of technicians.. So they said when my car make clicking noise, then come back again to fix it.. They said if the break makes clicking noise then they need to balance(?) the break again..
  • tomustomus Member Posts: 1
    like in the title
  • erlich5erlich5 Member Posts: 2
    I too have an 1997 elantra.
    I had the same problem with the shaky and it drove me crazy.
    I took it for a major tuneup at the dealership and that took care of the problem.
  • erlich5erlich5 Member Posts: 2
    1997 elantra.
    Just remember that with this model that the "check engine" light comes on for everything!
    If the gas cap is not on tight, the light will come on. If your spark plugs need changing (and this can cause the jerkiness in the car), the check engine light goes on.
    One thing I have learnt. Get tuneups when needed to have a smooth running car - at least this one.
    I have 49,000 miles
  • handydoghandydog Member Posts: 19
    I am interested in purchasing an Elantra GT (the hatchback version) when it comes out. Since it is very similar to the 01 Elantra sedan, I would like some feedback concerning the performance/comfort of the 01 Elantra and concerning the reliability of Hyundai in general. (Also looking at 02 Mazda Protege Wagon/Hatch, Focus, VW's [Golf, Jetty Wagon, Passats], possibly a used A4 Avast [what I would buy if money was no object]). I am sorry if this has been covered. Although I have read back through a good number of posts, it is difficult to read through everything that has been posted on this site. Thanks for any info. you all might share.
  • bri70bri70 Member Posts: 147
    I am also interested in the Elantra GT. I already have a 2000 Elantra which has performed well.

During this past May day, I noticed on the nightly news demonstrations around the world. They showed Koreans burning an American flag. I know this is not necessarily indicative of the population at large. Nonetheless, I have also heard from an American soldier who spent 5 years at the DMZ that many young Koreans are not particularly fond of the United States.

Maybe I'm overreeacting but that p#$@ me off. It is causing me to think twice about actually purchasing another Korean car. I lost a family member during the Korean war. My question is (and I don't know if anyone knows for certain)just how much anti-Americanism is their in Korea?
  • nystlrnystlr Member Posts: 2
    Hello,I first want to thank everyone for all their input in helping me purchase my 01 Elantra with option #4. I now have a little over 600 miles with two fill-ups under my belt and I'm only getting just under 25mpg highway. I tried to keep the speed under 60mph for the first 500 miles and I'm now only pushing it a little. Am I expecting too much too early? This is my first new car so I don't know how true the advertised mpg of 28/33 is and when to expect it or when to realize I might have a problem. I love the car. I purchased a silver with option #4 everything is great but do miss a cassette player, I really wanted the moon roof and the cd player was part of the option so I guess I will just have to expand my cd collection. The first night my check engine light came on. Had it back for service and the dealer changed the gas cap ( said it was cross threaded) problem gone. My only real complaint is with my sales manager. He screwed me out of the cargo net said he would throw it in and then double talked. I just received my survey and he wants me to go fill it out with him for a free oil change. I think it should be worth at least a cargo net what do you guys think? Thanks again Anthony
  • lngtonge18lngtonge18 Member Posts: 2,228
    The fuel economy rating for the Elantra is 24/33 not 28/33. So, u are in between the numbers although on the low side. From my experience, Hyundai engines take a little longer to fully break in. Give it a couple thousand miles before starting to worry. My mileage didn't improve until the third oil change around 9K. It will get better, just hang in there.

Bri70: Now, I know you don't go burning other country's flags, but just think through what you are saying a bit more. Can you honestly say you are fond of Koreans? Probably not. I know I'm not fond of them, simply because I don't know anyone that is Korean. I'm not anti-Korean; rather, I have no opinion either way. That is probably how most Koreans view us. How another country feels about Americans shouldn't really bother you that much. That's like getting mad that the kids in school don't like you. A lot of countries don't like us, including many Europeans. I know this because I was badgered when I was 17 by some 50 year old Italian in Venice while on a 2 week trip. He went on and on about how stupid Americans are because they can only speak English and how they always butt into other country's business. We were also treated poorly in Switzerland at a restaurant. The French treated us the best I thought, against common knowledge. At any rate, how the anti-American Italian viewed us wouldn't keep me from buying a Fiat or Alfa Romeo. If you are that worried about anti-Americanism, than the only way you will feel good about yourself is to buy American cars. Another thing to keep in mind is that northern Koreans will obviously not like us because they are communist and we waged a war against them. I don't know if the flag burning was in North or South Korea, but that is something to keep in mind. Also, Koreans are Chinese in descent. It's possible that since China is not too happy with us right now that they are just expressing that view.
    I understand that South Korea has a large population with diverse opinions. I am concerned to what extent anti-American sentiments exist. If the majority of South Koreans harbor anti-American feelings, then no, I do not want to spend my American dollars on their products. Americans bled (along with Koreans) for South Korea. South Korea would resemble the North if it was not for the United States.

I have been told by more than one person that my concerns are unwarranted (I live in the NYC metro area which has a large Asian community). That the majority of South Koreans do not harbor anti-American feeling anymore than say the French or Italians. That the images I saw of American flag burning were likely of students that get carried away as some do in the United States. Unless I hear otherwise I will assume this is the case.

That does ease my mind because I happen to think that Hyundai, Samsung, Goldstar, etc make good products at decent prices.

As for buying American, when I can that is usually the way I go. It is simply that Hyundai has a very sweet deal with their cars. Loaded to the gill with features at a price that cannot be beat by the Americans. Yes, wallet trumps patriotism- to a point. I also get a kick out people thinking I am riding a piece of junk when in fact I know better.

Soon Hyundai's will be priced even or higher than their American counterparts and for me that will settle the issue. Though that Chrysler Sebring may make me make the move ahead of time. That vehicle is nice!
  • floridianfloridian Member Posts: 219
    bri70: if you are going to use the the reasoning of buying or not buying something based on whether that particular country likes or dislikes the USA then I guess you'll not be buying much at all. We are universally disliked because we are the last "super power" on the planet and we will always take the flack for that. The other fact that we here in the US consume about 25% of the worlds resources does not sit well with all the other developing and third world nations. Heck, I'll buy their products, cheap labor and all. I could care less what they think. LOL As to that Chrysler Sebring, well the Germans don't really care that much for us either or they would not be screwing over Chrysler the way they have since their underhanded, sneaky takeover of MOPAR.

Floridian

Floridian
    ... let's get back to discussing the car. Just the car. Okay folks?

Pat
    Host
    Good point about the Sebring and Daimler Chrysler.
  • jyk1981jyk1981 Member Posts: 37
    to bri70 and lngtonge18

bri70: I don't know when did you see or read about burning the flag.. but it happed 2 month ago.. South Korean burned the US flag and have anti-US feeling, because the some people in US Army base raped Korean women and they did not get any charges(Korean supreme court cannot have trial with people in US ARMY only US can..) and US Army base threw poison(paint,and etc..) in their river.. If you want to know more infomation go to http://www.chosun.com and click english and read more about it..

lngtonge18: Koreans are not Chinese in descent.

they are totaly different people.

The ethnic/political/however-you-want-to-characterize-them messages have no place here.

Please stop this line of posts and get back to discussing the Elantra.

Thank you.

Pat
    Host
    Click here or copy and paste it

http://www.geocities.com/tonykrapil/elantrabrakes.wav

See ya

Tony

http://www.geocities.com/tonykrapil/elantrabrakes.wav

its hardly worth it, but it is noisy at times.

Tony

FYI-

Just in case someone didn't notice. The Elantra is now in Edmunds long term road test fleet. Nice initial comments by the editors.

If they waited one more month, I think they would have appreciated the GT more.