Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2007+ Infiniti G35

Comments

• Options
    jaf5460jaf5460 Member Posts: 15
    thank you , i saw the dealer today, he tell me their is no adjustment, the pedal is just touchie , i had a corvette and it was not like this.
  • Options
    py777py777 Member Posts: 62
    I have been hearing a lot about break-in ever since I start buying cars. However, there are many stories of what you should do during the break-in period. What is the truth?

Keep it under 4000RPM? Keep variable speed and rpm? Keep it under 60mph? :confuse: What do you think?

PY
  • Options
    cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,506
    Noise, vibration & harshness.

That'd be a piece of the raw power vs. sophistication thing.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • Options
    I drove the BMW 335i, it's vibration and ride comfort is about the same as the G35. It is a bit quieter than G35 though.
  • Options
    joeshanjoeshan Member Posts: 70
    '04 G35X.
    I'm a little less than thrilled with 15mpg in the (NY) city driving, but then again, I'm not exactly following the EPA test cycle. The 6th gear probably wouldn't help the city mileage, but would definitely improve the highway mpg. I was thrilled to go from NYC to Youngstown, OH on one (full to the neck) tankfull. I didn't run the defogger (compressor) unless really needed and slowed to 65 mph (from 70-2750 rpm) on the cruise control to stretch mpg for the last 75 miles in PA.
    The winter gas is not helping, either.
    My brother has an '02 Altima 3.5L and says that he gets 15 mpg in the city, also. Maybe Nissans have holes in the pistons...
    I was shopping this car against the SAAB 9-5 Aero-that four-banger is rated at 20 & 30 mpg, but I hated the turbo &
    FWD. I bought the Inf. anyway, knowing about the lousy MPG.
    I hear that the SAABs get good MPG because they are on flatbeds or in the shop most of the time :P
  • Options
    smokey75smokey75 Member Posts: 434
    How about follow the manufacturers recommendation... they don't make it up.
  • Options
    Oh, thanks. My last car was so long ago, I didn't think they have it in manual. I just checked the G35 one, and found it. Thanks.
  • Options
    esfoadesfoad Member Posts: 210
    Hey! I have a 2004 Saab 9-3 Cabrio with 22K miles that has only been to the shop for oil changes. Take it EZ on us Saabsters!
  • Options
    Is yours a 2007 G35? If so, what does the manual recommend for break-in?
  • Options
    I have not purchase the G35 yet. But, you can download the Owner's Manual from Infiniti's website. It's along the line of under 4000Rpm, variable speed, no hard starting and stopping...such.
  • Options
    marvelmmarvelm Member Posts: 28
    I was told it is possible (the dealer will do it) so I added the spoiler option when I bought my G35 journey, but today they called me and said they could not find the parts (maybe because it is too new???), so they said they will refund my money.

So does anybody have better luck? Thanks!
  • Options
    glarry1glarry1 Member Posts: 13
    If you're over 30, it's ok not to have the spoiler.
    If your car performs, you don't need the pretend features.
  • Options
    g35xbslaterg35xbslater Member Posts: 15
    "Wood Dash Experts"offers two OEM-look flavors under $300 pre-painted to match your color code, and they're not even made of wood! (whodathunk?) You'll just have to worry the installation.

http://www.wooddashexperts.com/customer/home.php?cat=5671

As for "pretend" performance parts, if you note the Infiniti specs and caveats on the car, they advertise that "zero lift" aerodynamics at the rear is achieved only with the spoiler. Now, as for how often that's going to make a difference to the average Joe (whether over or under 30,) that's another matter altogether. ;-)
  • Options
    scottm123scottm123 Member Posts: 1,501
    Why does Infiniti claim that the spoiler option is not available on the AWD model?

Maybe people under 30 don't drive AWD's? :P

I sorta like the spoiler, and it's not an option on the AWD?!? :confuse:
  • Options
    marvelmmarvelm Member Posts: 28
    I am over 30 and I still like the spoiler ;)
  • Options
    joeshanjoeshan Member Posts: 70
    Sorry 'bout that.
    I really loved the 9-5, but I read the Saab forums here on Edmunds and SAABNet and reached some conclusions:
    SAABsters REALLY love them; others REALLY hate the cars.
    If you get a lemon, it's REALLY a lemon
  • Options
    frisconickfrisconick Member Posts: 1,275
    Some cars look better with a spoiler, some don't, even if gramps is driving the car. :P
  • Options
    Back to the question...

Why does the brochure state that the spoiler is only available on the Sport Models?
  • Options
    I really think G35 is a close to perfect car, but why the stupid little things like: :)

1) Limited, voice command only, functions on Nav while driving. Why do companies do stupid things to protect stupid people and make normal people pay for it?

2) What's up with the ugly looking fluorescent like map light? It's not an apartment kitchen we are buying.

3) You go the distance to put in a harddrive and a CF slot? Why limit user to load stuffs to the harddrive? What the hack is the problem there?

What do you guys think?

PY :confuse:
  • Options
    Does anyone know if dealer provide an upgrade pricing on Nismo Rims? I really think the standard rims are making the beautiful G a bit ugly...

PY
  • Options
    Oh, missed one.

4) WHAT UP WITH THE UGLY DUAL TONE INTERIOR? (Personal taste, I agree...)
  • Options
    If you don't like the biege interior w the rosewood, then get the black interior and it won't be 2-tone any more.

Everyone I've shown it to, loves it!
  • Options
    kring5kring5 Member Posts: 144
    I've been told by 1 dealer that Infiniti decided not to offer Sirius to the 07 G35 if you get the navigation package... it's only available on the Journey.

Does anyone have a G35 with Sirius & Navigation?
  • Options
    Anyone know where I can get a good look at color choices?
    I have 2 local dealers, both 50+ miles away.
    I've been to the dealer once and they only had Liquid Platinum and Ivory Pearl.

The Infinit website offers a look at the colors but the utility is just awful.
    The Ivory Pearl and Serengeti Sand look almost identical.

The brochure offer swatches, I've seen those.

The Infiniti website's photos all seem photo-shopped to death, and most pics are either dark with lots of light reflection or all digitized, not real looking.

Is there anywhere we can go to see real pics of the different color selections?

Maybe we could get current 07 owners to upload some pics? :blush:
  • Options
    jtlajtla Member Posts: 388
  • Options
    jtlajtla Member Posts: 388
  • Options
    g35xbslaterg35xbslater Member Posts: 15
    Another option is to check the Japan Nissan site. they have some photos of hte Blue Slate (called "Stratosphere Blue") in their photo page. Go to the following url then select the tab #2 to the right of the "Skyline" tab to see the photo gallery.

http://www2.nissan.co.jp/SKYLINE
  • Options
    tszhfungtszhfung Member Posts: 12
    You will get used to it. I have the car for 2 months now and finally know what pressure to apply from a dead stop without pushing me and my 2 year old son into the back of the seat :)
  • Options
    sprinkler13sprinkler13 Member Posts: 452
    Does anyone know if there is a way to display a guide type view of the XM stations? It's a bit annoying to have to scroll through each station one at a time to see the name of the station and the category. I certainly hope there is an easier way to find stations. Also, does anyone know if there is a "view" on the screen that has the navigation map along with the radio station text? I know that in the map view at the bottom it shows what pre-set it is, but it doesn't show the station text info...it just says like A4 XM 24 or something like that. Thanks for any info.
  • Options
    Thanks for the links guys...
    That's exactly what I needed.

From the brochure, I was dead set on the Rosewood trim, but after seeing so many real pics, I'm second guessing that too...
  • Options
    pearlpearl Member Posts: 336
    Just to refresh you, the G and M gas mileage issue has been addressed ad naseum in about a bazillion earlier posts. In fact many people (including moi) made the point LONG ago that for 07 Infiniti needed to address the MPG issue, perhaps by adding a six speed auto (higher overdrive for cruising). It has been clear to many of us for a LONG time the Infiniti has sacrificed fuel economy for acceleration, primarily by making sure that the gearing in the transmissions and the final drive ratio (rear axle ratio) were set for performance not fuel economy. When a car with this power cruises at 60mph at 2500rpms you are not going to get good gas mileage. This is going to bite Infiniti and you can count on them dealing with the mileage issue next model year, or no one will buy their cars - they do NOT have that much performance advantage over other manufacturers who do get you more mpg.
  • Options
    My cd changer doesn’t read my cd’s, it reads only one in the cd changer. Why do they give you a 6 disks changer that takes up 25% of the trunk, the Cd player can upload the cd's to a hard drive anyway. How many songs are you going to listen to? It hold 3000/ 300 albums. The in dash CD player hold 165 mp3’s, not to mention the compact flash drive. That’s another 8 gigs. Why give you a car with a great stereo but can’t shuffle the songs for playback. Who makes a radio in 2007 that doesn’t read a dvd disk. How many songs are you going to listen to? Great car and drive, but stupid little annoyances’. :lemon:
  • Options
    my car is getting 14 mpg also, dealer :sick: tells me to let it break in. by that time i will be going broke.
  • Options
    i agree, no shuffle on the cd player. just plain stupid.
  • Options
    this is not true, i have a 35x and it has xm.
  • Options
    does anyone know if you can put a auto start in a 2007 model? dealer tells me no.
  • Options
    What can you shuffle songs on and what can you not shuffle songs on? For example, can you set it to randomly shuffle through all of the albums stored on the music box? What about the rear 6 disc changer? And MP3s on a CD or CF card?
  • Options
    I think you misread my question, I was asking if anyone has a G35 With Navigation & Sirius.
  • Options
    The pics at the end of your link are very helpful!
    They show that the ONLY rosewood you can get in the U.S. is the flat finished rosewood, which I think looks like hell.

I'll have to go give the local dealer a bad time about Infiniti using a photo of a PRODUCT THEY DON'T OFFER HERE!
    (i.e. no gloss finished rosewood in the U.S.)
  • Options
    nightflynightfly Member Posts: 3
    I don't think so..The Navigation system utilizes XM's real time traffic feature (at a monthly charge), so I don't think they offer it with Sirius.
  • Options
    j88j88 Member Posts: 4
    Seems like many people like the flat finish wood trim but I agree with you. Bought a fully loaded G35x minus the wood.
  • Options
    I remember someone was complaining about the G35 Memory systems doesn't include the side mirror in the setting. Is that true? I saw it on the brochure. Could someone validate?

PY
  • Options
    I remember someone was complaining about the G35 Memory systems doesn't include the side mirror in the setting. Is that true? I saw it on the brochure. Could someone validate?

In that post, they were referring to an 06.
    The 07 offers side mirror memory, and even moves the outside mirrors when the driver moves the seat.
  • Options
    Cars.com has finally added a Motorweek video for the 07 G

cars.com/G35
  • Options
    Okay, someone needs to explain....

I've only seen the wood trim option in pictures, but it looks really nice.
    Are you telling me that it's not what we get here in the states?

When I go to Infiniti.com and look at the interior pics, the wood has a nice sheen to it.
    That's not what we get??? :confuse: :confuse: :confuse:
  • Options
    That is what you get here in the states, it has a satin, matte finish, it's not a high gloss wood. I think it looks amazing compared to most wood that looks like it has 50 coats of poly on it. only really high end intricate wood with lots of small knots and contrasting rings looks good under high gloss, it brings out the depth of the wood.

For most cars, the basic wood looks cheap when it's glossy, I hate to knock it, but the 3 series wood stands out to me as plastic-like.
  • Options
    this is not true , when you set the memory switch in the car it sets it for the seats,heater,ac controls,radio,and the mirrors
  • Options
    figment843figment843 Member Posts: 6
    I have only had the 2007 G a couple of months, but I have already been back to the dealer for maintance and repairs 3 times!!! And I am now waiting on a new bluetooth part... so that will be my 4th trip back. Anyway... one of the silly issues they can not seem to repair is the rubber weather stripping on my door easily falls out... I am not talking tugging on it... I am talking, brushing your hand on it and having it pop out with great ease. A friend of mine went ot the dealer, and he asked if that was a complaint they received... they said no. When he looked at the G on the showroom, he tested it out, brushed his hand over it while opening the door and it poped out. I am curious if anyone else has had this problem? Thanks.
  • Options
    sprinkler13sprinkler13 Member Posts: 452
    It's funny that you mention that since I noticed a small section on my driver door that wasn't in all the way. I thought maybe I hit it or something, but maybe it's a problem that is going to be fairly common. I mean at least it's nothing major, but still a pain if it pops out easily.
  • Options
    That's good info. Could you describe in more detail the position of where to brush? If enough people do it enough time, that could force them to come up with a solution quicker.

PY