Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    ocdanocdan Member Posts: 2
    Sure, it's the costco in Irvine (Barranca & Technology) - use ZIP code 92618 from costco dealer locator and you'll get the same contact.

Its my understanding that there's a negotiated price- subject to change. So it was 1k over invoice for one model, but 500 and 1700 for two other models.
  • Options
    kondoakondoa Member Posts: 2
    I recently bought a Touring model without DVD/NAVI from Honda of El Cerrito for $32,224 plus tax and license ($500 over invoice). The whole process was pretty straight forward. The only thing that took a while was signing the paper work for the loan. I should have saved some time by filling out the paper work before going to the dealer.

Dublin Honda also gave me a good quote. Most of the other local dealers were asking at least $1000 over invoice.
  • Options
    yaskyyasky Member Posts: 9
    Closed yesterday. Here's the stats. I included the TTL so others in TX don't get hoodwinked by inflated fees.

Price 32,083.00
    sales tax                      2005.19
    dealers inventory tax          62.07
    Documentary fee                50
    Title & license                105.3
    State inspection fee           21.75
    Deputy fee                     5

Total Out the Door                     34,332.30

Process: Started early April by emailing about 20 dealers around TX and OK. Responses were hit and miss. Then I started calling the internet mgrs on the Honda website listings. Better responses. Range of arrogant salepeople who wanted to start with MSRP to one who provided a good first quote. None had the Silver/Grey scheme that we wanted. One sales guy indicated that there were only 3 in all of the State of TX.

John Eagle - $1001 over invoice
    Rusty Wallis - $721 over invoice
    David McDavid (Frisco) - $721 over invoice

RW and DM(F) went down after I received the JE price. DM started with 500 below MSRP then went to 600 below when I asked about credit union deals.

DM(F) had about 6 R&N's scheduled for delivery within the 30 days. They had the color we wanted, while RW would have had to trade with other dealers. So we went with DM(F). I've heard JE is very good to work with, but we're looking for the best deal. I was leary of puting down the 500 deposit as others on this post warned. I got the VIN about 11 days after the deposit. Then another 10 days for delivery.

The actual paperwork took too much time. Before starting, we examined the vehicle and test drove. Finance was lined up before and they were not able to beat it. The finance guy did offer the completely inflated extended warranty. Through this forum, I knew that I had time to make that decision. Wanted to see if they'd match the pricing for accessories found online, but they couldn't so we declined.

My wife and kids absolutely love it. Good luck everyone!
  • Options
    cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    I replied there already but will repeat it here - try Hugh White Honda in Columbus, Marysville Honda (new store in Marysville - owner is from Cincinnati), and Matthews Honda in Marion for invoice pricing on a Touring R&N. Obviously, there's no guarantee but folks have bought (or been quoted) invoice at those Central Ohio stores.
  • Options
    shopping4odyshopping4ody Member Posts: 13
    We just took delivery of a new EX-L NAV/RES on Saturday. We bought it
    from Antrim Way Honda in Greencastle, PA. We had been in email and phone
    conversations with the Internet Manager there, and she
    was very friendly and helpful. They ordered the van in February last
    week, and we got it on April 30th. They did the Va tax and tags, and all
    we had to pay was 32,700 TOTAL. There were no extra processing fees or
    anything. We asked them for some all-season weather mats and we were
    ready to pay extra for them. But they put it in for free.
    The dealership is just about 88 miles from Vienna. It took us almost
    1.5 hrs to get there, and the drive was real easy. I would HIGHLY
    recommend this dealership. It was the best price and service we've seen. (we
    had received email quotes and in-person quotes from several dealers
    before this).
  • Options
    mcdowdmcdowd Member Posts: 7
    I have been trying to purchase an EXL w/RES and NAVI for about a week. I tried going through the front door of my local dealership and found MSRP Plus $1K.

I then used Costco Connection and found $34110...too much.

I have since gone out to about 25 dealerships throughout So. Cal - as far south as National City and as far North as Huntington Beach. The best price I saw was $33500, which is about 2100 over invoice, i.e. too much.

My last resort resort is to lay it out for all of the dealerships who have responded.

I will do the deal on Sunday for $1K over invoice or I will wait or I will buy a Quest. I started this new tact yesterday. No results yet.

I have hard time paying anyting more than ~32500 for a car that invoices for only $31362.

So, assuming "good" means a dealership that is currently dealing in So. Cal. The answer is there are none. :cry:
  • Options
    Huh?

kbb.com indicates the invoice of a touring with RES and NAVI is $35138. Perhaps you are writing about an EXL w/RES and NAVI?

:confuse:
  • Options
    chewie5chewie5 Member Posts: 61
    He said that he was buying the touring without RES/NAV. The invoice for that is $31,723.
  • Options
    parthiparthi Member Posts: 2
    I am looking for EX-L model. And I am going to start bid at $27110 (excluding Title, tax and registertaion fees) in TX honda dealers. Do you guys think this will be right price (or) too high ?

Please let me know.

Thanks
  • Options
    So it did. Odd to go touring without at least a DVD.

Cheers,
    Michael
  • Options
    bekbek Member Posts: 8
    I've had no problem getting dealers to quote invoice on an EXL in the Boston area (27,949 inc dest). Should I be trying to get below invoice? Must be holdbacks on this car because why else would they be so willing to sell at cost?
  • Options
    chewie5chewie5 Member Posts: 61
    The problem is that if you want the DVD on the touring, you have to get the NAV, which makes a significant price increase over the "base" touring. I really wish they would have these two as separate options, although I must admit that the NAV is a fun toy :)
  • Options
    isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    It'll be interesting to see how long THIS post stays up!
  • Options
    heywood1heywood1 Member Posts: 851
    Well, so far it's been almost four hours.
  • Options
    aaronwiaaronwi Member Posts: 18
    Just wanted to give a quick update on our experience today:

I sent out 40 emails for quotes yesterday, to all the dealers within a 200 mile radius. I had my car model and color picked out and knew what I wanted to pay (Invoice + $500).

I recieved about 10 emails back by noon today. They ranged from MSRP to 2000 off MSRP. I singled out one dealer (Honda Moterwerks in Lacrosse WI) that was recommended by another person here on the board (THANKS FOR THE RECOMMENDATION). He had the unit I wanted in stock.

He started the offer at 2000 below MSRP. I countered with 500 over invoice. He checked with his boss and phoned me back within 10 minutes. We are scheduled for delivery this sat.

We are taking an EXL (I'll put the DVD and NAV in myself for about 1,900). Total price before TTL is 28,500 (27,434 invoice + 500 profit + 515 destination + minute filing fee). There was no documentation fee (I see many dealers charging 150+ for this) or any other fees.

The whole transaction was extremely smooth, friendly, and efficient. It only took about an hour to make a half dozen emails and phone calls to finalize the entire deal. I'd recommend Motorwerks to ANYONE!!!

I'll give a quick followup on how the closing goes on Sat.

p.s. Yes, I probably could have eaked out a couple hundred more in savings by scrounging, pushing and prying. However, I knew that I would feel good at 500 over invoice since I feel they deserve a profit...and that profit is good for me! I've fielded about 10 calls later today from some of the other dealers and they all say the same thing "you got a GREAT deal, we couldn't have touched it!" Not a SINGLE one has said "you should have come in to see what WE could do"....so I feel good about this purchase!!!!

I like buying cars this way. Soooo much easier!
  • Options
    fast4wardfast4ward Member Posts: 11
    STOP! :( Don't buy a Ouest, I drove a rental for about a week, doesn't come close to the Ody.

I bought an Odyssey EXL R/N and love my car.
    Have you tried Spreen Honda in Loma Linda? It is near Riverside, CA.
    Talk/email the fleet manager; they are family owned and try hard to please.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    liujnliujn Member Posts: 27
    Just drove back from the dealership 45 minutes ago. Can't wait til tomorrow to share my buying experience. The dealdership is Community Honda at Orland Park, IL. I sent them an email and got a straight quote for $1,000 over invoice back in March. Placed an order with $500 deposit. The car arrived within 6 weeks.

The price I got from them is unbeatable around Chicago Area. Yes, I tried but no one dare to match it. Yet, this is not all, they also have the 1st class service. If you live around Chicago area and you have not visited this Honda Dealer, now it is time for you to do so. Personally, I have never seen the people this good in any dealerships.

While I was there to finish up the paper works, never once I got presure from anyone to buy extended warrenty, accessaries or interior/exterior protection plans. Still, they showed me the feature of my Ody, program the garage door opener, set my home address in the NAV so I could come home without a chance to get lost.

Well, many thanks to ones who helped me on this forum. :)
  • Options
    nojonesnojones Member Posts: 13
    Yesterday I bought a silver touring w/ dvd&nav in Lancaster PA at Jones Honda (www.gojones.com). The woman that I had worked with over email was awesome. She never tried to add anything or play games. Car price was $35,936 + $68 or so for PA 30 day tag. I will pay tax and tags in VA where I live. I found her because another couple on our street here bought their odyssey at the same place. You will not be disapointed if you try this dealer. Especially if you are from DC and are finding people that won't deal. Plus, you get to see some Amish when you pick up the car. I just put my address in the nav and did not need a map to get home.

I did not think I would like XM Satellite radio, but it is pretty awesome. TWO, not one, but TWO Nascar channels. I just need to find the golf channel. Or the sewing channel.
  • Options
    Yesterday I discovered that Anderson Honda in Baltimore is advertising prices on their website for touring dvd & nav at $35,452. www.andersonhonda.net

The sales guy said it was a mistake, but he could give it to me for $1,200 off MSRP of $39,010. I sent an email to the dealer and put them on notice that they are advertising prices that they do not intend to honor. If you are ready to buy, send an email saying you accept their offer (They had the silver touring with dvd nav with grey interior that I was looking for). I am sure they do this scam to get people to come in, as it is not on one vehicle, but three of them that they have listed. In addition, although this happened in the morning, they never changed the website. Hold their feet to the fire and save $2,000 from what the other dealers in the DC area are charging.
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Sorry, but we gotta eat & sleep too. I'm subscribed to about 300 discussions and read them every day, so the best way to get my attention (and the attention of any other host) immediately is by sending an e-mail. Thanks!

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    shawn98shawn98 Member Posts: 2
    Early April sent an email to a few dealerships that I had found here and then sent it to Dick Brooks Honda internet manager in Greer SC ( 2hours from Atlanta ). (all Atlanta dealers were unwilling to play at the prices I was quoted) Dick Brooks matched the price and I waited a month for delivery of a silver model (put $500 down). Extras were reasonably priced (~$100 for cargo tray, ~$100 for splash guards, ~$50 for window tinting) when compared with shipping and time to install. I am sure I could have gotten a little lower prices from them on accessories, but felt that they had been really fair with me and easy to work with, so I would treat them the same way.

They were able to get me lower financing than available from American Honda- this with them knowing I was showing up without any (would refi if necessary).

I gave the the deposit, but felt like they would rather deal with a handshake too. The salesperson even came in on his day off to make sure I was happy and taken care of and to make sure that everything was set for me to go on vacation today.

Got the drive out price of $31,978 and will pay Tax etc in home state.

Best car purchase experience and level of support I have gotten and would recommend them to everyone.
  • Options
    The price is now msrp
  • Options
    kimchee_rulzkimchee_rulz Member Posts: 3
    I got a brand new odyssey EXL-RES (slate green) for $31,500 out the door at Fairfax Honda. I think it is a reasonable price in Northern VA (not so good, not so bad). They gave me 4.8 APR for 66 months and the car will be delivered sometime this month. I didn’t have any particular color in mind and just picked one from this month’s lot. I also got suckered into buying Honda’s extended warranty (man, aren’t they persistent!!); I paid $1,250 for 7 yrs & 100K extended warranty, which I think also reasonable. The total out the door price including the warranty was $32,781.
  • Options
    kondoakondoa Member Posts: 2
    We already have a portable DVD player and don't take too many trips so we could not justify paying for the DVD & NAVI option. Although the back up camera feature looked interesting since my wife is used to driving a smaller car.
  • Options
    dulnevdulnev Member Posts: 652
    You paid $2,500 over invoice for the car, which may be good, ifyou only wanted to buy from one of the dealers nearby. But buyers in Northern Vriginia can do much better by buying from one of the Maryland or Pensylvania dealers. An EX-L with RES can be bought for $500 over invoice and delivered for free to your home in NOVA.

$1,250 is reasonable, especially if you wanted to buy from the same dealer where you bought the car and roll the cost into your loan. The best price available from other dealers is $1,070.

Enjoy your van!
  • Options
    fishrules1000fishrules1000 Member Posts: 6
    Where in the Boston area have you been shopping?

George
  • Options
    rx2rx2 Member Posts: 3
    when you guys talk abouit $$xxx over invoice, are you including the dest charges in the invoice?
  • Options
    economy88economy88 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks! We'll try that!
  • Options
    Some include it, some don't. It really doesn't matter since it is a fee everyone has to pay (including the dealer).

What is truly important is the actual dollar amount paid for the vehicle itself, including the destination fee, accessories, and any dealer/doc fees. Tax and title vary by jurisdiction and have no impact on judging how good a price someone got.
  • Options
    keenoneskeenones Member Posts: 5
    aaronwi-
    Glad to hear Honda Motorwerks in LaCrosse was able to take care of you too! I just finished filling out the Honda survey last week from my experience. They have to be the best dealer in this area I have ever worked with...just "good people".

Let them know Chad said hi!

Good luck with your Ody.
  • Options
    deb7deb7 Member Posts: 1
    My husband and I are getting ready to buy a 2005 Odyssey Touring with Nav. in the Chicago area. Honda of Joliet gave us a great price and now Honda of Lisle has matched it. There's a minor difference in color options - not that important - but the real thing is that we're closer to Lisle than Joliet. However Joliet has free loaners if there's a slower-to-fix problem and a "coupon book" for services. We've always thought it's better to service the car where we buy it new, if possible. Does anybody out there have experience with these two dealers/service departments?
  • Options
    bsaccobsacco Member Posts: 11
    We are shopping for a EXL with NAV and DVD.

I'm getting the run-around with dealers in the SACTO valley area.

We decided to go with DVD/NAV simply because I couldn't find any decent aftermarket solutions. IF anyone has suggestions, please let me know. It can save lots of $.

Secondly, what is the going price for a EXL with DVD/NAV? Dealers are quoting me MSRP even with a Costco discount!

Is there a big difference in price if you buy in s different state. I noticed the pricing in states other than CALIF are lower.
  • Options
    stulujustuluju Member Posts: 8
    I am interested in in purchasing a 2006 Honda Odyssey EX with DVD and Leather. Does anyone know when these usually come out. Also when it does come out how is the pricing. Will it be a lot over MSRP?

Also does anyone know a good dealer or internet manager for the New York/New Jersey area.
  • Options
    rx2rx2 Member Posts: 3
    hi bsacco,

the dvd display in honda seems to be of a very poor quality. i have seen a few in best buy that are a lot more bright and clearer. you should be able to get a good one for way under $2k.

the nav system too seems kind of inferior. you can get the latest alpine system with much better display for about the same price. even if you pay a little more, it is worth it because it will come with a remote which is a lot more handy when you are driving and also, you can get one with traffic overlay info. i think the new acura has this one.

you have to find an alpine dealer who can do a good job installing the nav system, though. i do regret not doing a thorough research before purchasing the exl-nav/res.

good luck!
  • Options
    twinwrkztwinwrkz Member Posts: 6
    re: dvd poor quality
    That is interesting. I haven't seen this comment before. Wonder if there will be any improvement for the 2006 model? I don't want to pay that much for poor quality.
  • Options
    twinwrkztwinwrkz Member Posts: 6
    I've contacted most dealerships in the DFW area now,,,including Waco (2 hours away) and the Costco program. I can't go too far out from the area because I also have a full time job. I'm not finding any hits on a Touring with R&N. I'm wondering if it would be better to wait after the summer?
  • Options
    skeptic555skeptic555 Member Posts: 2
    Bought an Ody from Joliet around 3 weeks ago. I live up north in Algonquin, but traveled down, since I established they would match the best price I had, and they were the only one around with midnight blue that I preferred. Buying experience was fine, with 2 real exceptions. Totally lowballed me on the trade in, which I expected. (I had a written carmax quote to establish a "basement" price - which I would recommened doing, ESPECIALLY if you - and they - know the sale price you will pay. They are going to get their pound of flesh somewhere). Like pulling teeth to get them even close to where they needed to be.

But re service, this is the part that really aggrivated me. In the accessories department, I wanted the leather wheel, XM, and the subwoofer. Negotiated a price, all fine and dandy. Paperwork all done, OH, by the way, here's news, we can't do that today, you have to order those things and you have to come back to have them installed. They intentionally waited until late in the process to share that bit of info. I could have - and should have - just deleted them from sale, and gotten them done at the local dealer up here at MY conveneince. But I didnt. Shame on me. Now I am committed to going BACK to Joliet when the parts are in. Which they are not. I just learned that that subwoofer is on backorder... UNTIL SEPTEMBER! Now Ive got the headache of going back there for the XM and the wheel wrap, and getting a refund on the cost of the sub. Im sorry, but they should have been up front about the process, and should know their business well enough to be aware of that parts issue. But they were chasing the few extra hundred bucks in parts.

Everything else went smoothly, but I can't recommend them for the reasons above. Coupon book certainly not worth in and of itself.

Love - LOVE - the ride by the way!

Steve
    skeptic555
  • Options
    etaeta Member Posts: 33
    Well, I picked up our EX-L NAV/RES (slate green / gray) Odyssey yesterday and I haven't stopped grinning yet .

First off, I gotta say that the experience with David McDavid (Irving, TX) was very positive. Everything went smoothly. They were very attentive throughout and they totally honored the price that we had agreed on 6 weeks ago when I ordered the van. Oddly, the van was actually at the "port" in Fort Worth as of Tuesday and it took until Friday to be trucked to the dealer (30 miles away). I dealt with David McD exclusively through their internet sales people (contacted via edmunds.com initially) and they were very pleasant to work with.

I ended up paying $32448 for the van. I think this is around $2000 under the MSRP that was on the sticker that came with it and given how hard it was to find a N/R model in the Dallas area, I'm pretty happy with the price. That price doesn't include D&H ($515), TTL and tax, nor any of the options that I added (fog lights and dealer tint). As I mentioned in other posts, I initially went with Bankston Honda because the "matched" David McD but they basically didn't have a vehicle to sell me and after 1 week of going around in circles I bailed on them and went back to David McD since they had an incoming vehicle that I could "claim".

After some fairly light "haggling" they came down on their price to add fog lights. I showed them the price that I could get the parts for at Handa and they came down to $550 installed (from $699) which isn't too bad IMO since it takes a good 3 hours to install them. I'll also have the dealer tint done ($129) when I take the van back for the fog lights. They couldn't beat handa-accessories.com on the cargo tray and splash guards so I'll order those online.

BTW, they said they'd give me a loaner while they're working on the van which I though was a nice touch...

Note: they also let me put $4500 of the purchase on my credit card = $45 in cash back .

Impressions

Obviously, I've had the van for less than 24 hours so far so these are just very early impressions.

== Good ==

I'm finding that the van is very quiet so far. It compares very favorably with our 1997 Dodge Grand Caravan and is much quieter than my 2004 Honda CRV (EX).

The NAV is really neat. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that it is possible to get your current elevation via the "current location" option (I know -- I'm a techno geek ). I had misinterpreted some earlier posts to mean that there was *no* way to see your elevation at all -- I now think these meant that this isn't shown (real time) on the main display (which would be nice). Its also neat how you can have the NAV display with north up (so the van heading arrow rotates while the map orientation is fixed) or with "van heading up" so the map rotates to follow your direction (and the little compass shows you where north is).

I think the sound system is fine. The sound is really quite good at moderate volume levels -- all its really missing IMO is a 3-band equalizer so you can reduce the slightly harsh "highs" (particularly vocals) without compromising the mid-range. I don't tend to be "allowed" to really crank the sound when driving with my family so I think that the premium sound system (Touring) would have been overkill for our situation (not that I don't appreciate a good sound system -- I've been slowly upgrading my CRV's sound system because I drive that by myself a lot more). If you like to play your music loud (and will be allowed to), you will probably find that there's more distortion than you like.

The XM is really nice -- I'm going to be pretty darn tempted to subscribe before the 90 days are up. I suspect we'll end up ignoring all but a few of the stations though...

Apart from the glovebox issue (see below), the fit & finish seems to be *very* good so far. I really like the interior.

No creaks / rattles so far...

== Bad ==

Nothing major so far.

I have to agree with the comments on the steering wheel being just a bit farther away than I'd like. I'll probably end up keeping the seat a bit closer than I would otherwise and I'll tilt the steering wheel down as far as it will go and hold onto the bottom part much of the time.

Access to the 3rd row seat is slightly difficult for our kids (5 through 10) and we've removed the plus one seat for now so they can get through that way. Being able to seat 8 people on occasion is still a bit plus for us.

Not sure about how hard its going to be to find things on the instrument panel at night -- it seems like lots of the buttons (climate control, audio controls) aren't lit?

The lower glovebox seems to be slightly "protruding" on the right side. I might get the dealer to compare ours with other Odysseys on the lot -- I'm not sure if this is normal (basically the lower glovebox isn't flush with the rest of the dash on the right side -- it sticks out maybe 1/4 inch). Not a huge deal...

Note: this isn't the "gap" problem that many people have noticed (with the upper glovebox? -- I think). Afaict, I have that too (you can kind of see into the upper glovebox) but it doesn't seem too noticeable to me.

From what I can tell, XM shows you the station name as you switch to it and the name of each new song as it starts to play. It would be nice if the FM had this also (RDS).

People with young kids will find it a bit of a pain to get DVDs playing since you can't see the screen and it doesn't pivot like some of the aftermarket ones. Our kids should be old enough to figure out how to do this (probably as long as you have a > 6 year old back there you should be fine).

Some of the latches / levers etc. for modifying seat positions are a little harder to use than I'd like. I was a little nervous folding the 3rd row seat into the floor since I had to pull pretty hard on the lever for doing this and it doesn't feel all that solid (I think the Sienna had the same issues).

This is my fault for wanting all these gadgets but, man, are there a lot of buttons / options to figure out. I might have to take a week off work to study the 400 page main manual (not to mention the additional manuals and information for the NAV, XM etc. and the Odyssey DVD etc.).

== Other ==

This is kinda embarassing but I had alexmish's excellent check list with me and I'd been preparing for several days to go through it in detail before going anywhere near the final paperwork. I did manage to check a few of the items but after doing a quick test drive I was, like, "Where do I sign!?" . Fortunately I've now had the time to go over things in more detail and I haven't found anything amiss so far .

Someone at the dealership recommended just leaving the headlights on all the time -- they'll turn off 30 seconds after you turn the van off... Not sure about that yet...

One of things from the alexmish list that I did manage to check (before my emotions got the best of me ) was the NAV DVD version number (it wa
  • Options
    cadub49ercadub49er Member Posts: 42
    really appreciate the feedback....i forgot i posted back in January...looked yesterday in OC....Fladboe Honda was willing to go lower than MSRP on a EX w/ NAV/Entertainment/Leather. Was able to knock off $3000+ on my Acura TL w/ this site so I thank you for your repsonse.
  • Options
    sheriffav8rsheriffav8r Member Posts: 3
    Just bought a 2005 EX-L for $500 over invoice at Hagerstown Honda in Hagerstown, MD. I e-mailed a couple of dealers for prices and got ballpark figures of $750-$1000 over invoice. I used USAA professional negotiating service and talked to one of their professional negotiatiors. She said that regionally the Odysseys were going for only $800 under MSRP. I told her, "Thanks, but no thanks" and walked into the dealership to try my luck. I asked them if they wanted to sell me an Odyssey for $500 over invoice and the salesperson went and "checked." He came back and said they would if I purchased the things that were already on the vehicle (pinstriping, $25, splash guards, $200+, and wheel locks $89). I told him thanks, but call me when you get a new vehicle that's not all gummed up. He said that there was a new car on the back lot and went to check. It didn't have the pinstriping and he agreed to take the wheel locks off while leaving the splash guards on for $500 over invoice. Out the door price was $30,226 which included 6% FL tax (where I'm moving this month). Pretty standard dealership experience with the "let me check with my manager as I have no authority whatsoever" lines. We are happy with the EX-L and I am personally impressed with the acceleration and speed on the freeway (sorry if I blew past you doing 100)....
  • Options
    wdtsfwdtsf Member Posts: 1
    Don't let them play the MSRP game. I went to Honda's site. Did a locate dealer. Came up with 15 plus in LA area. Sent each one my requirements and got 8 or 9 responses the next morning. And I'm getting about $750 over invoice on the Touring edition which exceedingly hard to find.
  • Options
    fender4fender4 Member Posts: 2
    I found the dealership in Paris Tx called QuintanaHonda to be very good.
  • Options
    aaronwiaaronwi Member Posts: 18
    UPDATE !!!!

Just got back from the dealer where we took delivery of our EXL from Motorwerks Honda in LaCrosse WI.

Yes, I know I'm not supposed to name names.... soooooo, the Internet Manager was perfect, the dealership was perfect, the transaction was flawless: I was BLOWN AWAY!!!

We arrived at the dealer, met with the Internet Manager. We verified that the unit was as ordered. The finance officer was with another customer, so our salesman went over a few details about maintenance and accessories with us. We met with the finance officer who signed us up for a 4.1% loan for 60 months. She offered us an extended warranty, but with absolutely NO PRESSURE!!!! Basically, here it is, here's the price, here's the number to call if you decide to take it.

The financials took all of about 15 minutes. We then met back with our salesman who installed our plates and then walked us through all the buttons and features on the vehicle. He made sure we were perfectly comfortable everything, provided us with his PERSONAL CELL number in case we had any problems (or even simple questions) on our ride home, and headed us on our way.

The entire process, door to door, took 1 hour. We NEVER felt rushed, never felt pressured or hassled, and we were smiling through the whole thing. Our salesman treated us like we were the most important people in the world!!!

In alot of ways, I almost wish we had more time to visit because the entire staff at Motorwerks was exceptional. But, we were tight on time and they performed perfectly!

If you are anywhere within driving distance of Midwest WI or Southeast MN, it's WORTH a call, email, or drive over to LaCrosse!!!!!!!!

This by FAR AND AWAY was the best car buying experience I have EVER had!!!!!!

Oh, yeah.... I almost forgot: the car is great too!
  • Options
    bekbek Member Posts: 8
    Try Honda Barn in North Reading.
  • Options
    liujnliujn Member Posts: 27
    1st of all, can you define 'a great price'? Based on my experience, 'great price' doesn't exist in either of these dealers.
    2nd, I have never heard a single Honda owner praised these dealers. Quote from one of my friend,"We don't have a good Honda dealer we can trust in this area (Naperville/Lisle) for service."

Real story from another friend who sent his 2003 Odyssey to Lisle for the transmission recall, First they ignored Honda's guidance and made the fluid bypass hose too long. This caused the hose to bend and restricted the normal flow of the Tranny fluid. Worse, they unscrewed one of the bolts from the transmission but forgot to put it back. When my friend asked them why there was a missing bolt, the service manager told him,"By design, there was never a bolt in this place." Fortunately, my friend is a very careful person. He took a few pictures prior bringing the car in for service. In one of shoots, it was clear there was a bolt on the Tranny. With sold evidence, they finally admitted they forgot to put back the bolt.

If you are looking for good price and friendly service, give Community Honda a try. It is a little far but I think it is well worth it. Please check my previous thread for additional information. The alternative way is to use nearby dealers for basic serivice, but still you want to make sure they do their job right before you leave.
  • Options
    bruce11bruce11 Member Posts: 3
    Did you get $750 over invoice in the LA area for a Touring R&N? or, without DVD and NAVI?
  • Options
    jimorlandojimorlando Member Posts: 1
    In Orlando FL, was just quoted $32,800 incl the Destination charge. Slate Green Metallic w/ olive leather. Edmunds TMV is $33K, so think I am in good price range. Equates to $1436 over invoice (4.5% over invoice) and just about $2K under MSRP. Thought and opinions welcome before I make decision. Thanks
  • Options
    After going out to about 25 dealers in So.Cal (San Diego, OC and LA) the best price I was able to find on an EXL w/RES and NAVI was $32990 (incl. destination) which is $1638 over invoice. I told all of the responding dealers - thanks, but call me when you can come down to $32350 (incl. destination) which is $1K over invoice. Also, the car offered at that price was Silver.

I am betting that as Memorial Day and the end of Q2 draw nearer, that someone will have a bogey they need to hit.

Cheers.
  • Options
    kohlkohl Member Posts: 3
    I had an absolute AWESOME experience at Norm Reeves in Cerritos. Nobody else could tough their offer. Worth the drive. Did everything over internet and emails. Got an exl for invoice thru internet dept. If you pay 500 over you'll still have a great van at a great price. I got mine right when the dealers invoice went up and they honored the quote. so expect to pay 500 over.
    post your email address and I'll email you more details if you'd like.

k
  • Options
    If that figures includes the "dealer fee," it's not a bad price for Central FL. You might try the store in Daytona Beach, it seemed to have the best prices when I canvassed dealers a couple of months ago.