Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chevy Silverado - Continued XVIII

Comments

• Options
    dhoffdhoff Member Posts: 282
    I will pass on your comments to my sister inlaw. The truck she is looking at is not in a color she cares for, so that may be a factor to consider.

Thanks again.

Dave
  • Options
    mtrammellmtrammell Member Posts: 125
    By the time you pay for the chassis and shipping, you could probably buy the same thing locally. As long as the motherboard fits and expansion slots line up with the holes in the rear you are probably safe. I would suggest that you find the chassis locally and make sure the guts fit. If the local chassis is overpriced, then go with the one on eBay. For $10, you won't lose much if it doesn't fit and you can probably resell it for what you paid.
  • Options
    danogdanog Member Posts: 318
    I called today and the Catch All mats don't cover under the seat. The guy I talked to may have been mistaken so I will call another site and check with them. I also called Weather Tech about their mats and they don't cover the trans area in the rear or under the seat. They had complaints about the connectors coming apart and passengers tripping over them when exiting.

Does anyone know of a rear mat that covers the ENTIRE rear area of the ext cab? If not, I may design something and try to sell it myself.

Thanks,
    Dano
  • Options
    mtrammellmtrammell Member Posts: 125
    Hey Tim,

I haven't ever put myself in a parking spot where I couldn't get out, but some spots definitely take longer than others to get out.

Mike .T.
  • Options
    eric2001eric2001 Member Posts: 482
    If you don't mind carpet, try Lloyd's Statesman. Or if you want rubber, try the Husky, as both go all the way across the rear floor.
    -Eric
  • Options
    quadrunner500quadrunner500 Member Posts: 2,721
    >a buddy bought a 2002 HD CC Duramax/Allsion ....with an 8 foot bed...what a tank man! drives nice....but he said ya really gotta choose your parking spots....as ya may not get out!<

If you have the manual tranny on the dmax, and slip off the clutch when it's not in neutral, it doesn't die...you just climb up over what has you blocked and keep going!
  • Options
    What did you run over? I am guessing that you were talking about an incident you had? LOL
    -Eric
  • Options
    mgdvhmanmgdvhman Member Posts: 4,157
    from 265 to 285's...big deal!

haha

see Ryan...even your puter is telling you to go with a 2500!

LOL

- Tim
  • Options
    obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    Don't know what the sales rep is telling you but mine goes all the way to the back. Let's see if I can get a pic posted here. Been awhile since I done it.
  • Options
    Obyone, that would be great it you could.

Filled up for the first time this morning, 26.382 gallons. I calculated 17.5mpg which was my average in the '99 truck.

Ventshade has some new options now with their ventshades and bug deflectors. The shades install in the window like the Weathertechs, no more tape! And the deflector uses plastic anchors installed in the holes so no drilling or taping here either!

Dano
  • Options
    seeligseelig Member Posts: 590
    we're waiting....<:)
  • Options
    dhoffdhoff Member Posts: 282
    ...is a shopper no more. My wife just got off the phone with her. She bought the Silverado. I think they sealed the deal once they let her take it home overnight. ;-)

I don't know where she ended up on the price, I didn't talk to her and my wife wouldn't ask. She did end up buying a protection package (Scotchguard, paint sealer, undercoating, etc) plus the bed liner for $1000, and she also bought an extended warranty. She wanted to have it under warranty until her loan is paid off, which I can understand.

I kind of wish I could have been there with her, or that she would have pulled out her phone and called me. I might have tried to talk her out of the protection package. But she's got the truck now, so she's all set. She got to take advantage of the great financing, which is a good thing. Hope she lets me take it for a spin sometime.

Thanks for the advice folks.

Dave
  • Options
    That the extra $1000 was dealer fluff. These items are usually already applied(undercoating) or not worth what the dealer charges.
    Doesn't matter as long as she is happy with the truck! Congrats to her.

Dano
  • Options
    ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    she paid for undercoating?

its already undercoated from the factory with this wax stuff

man sounds like the dealer made out big
  • Options
    that i beat up on my dealer when i buy, cause i know he's gonna beat up on some poor unsuspecting customer to make up for the beatin i gave him.
    there ought to be a law that prevents the dealer from selling such items as listed.
    Paint sealant?.......give me a break. even Zaino wouldn't have any part of that.
  • Options
  • Options
    Hey seelig-

You running a cap for the stereo? If so... 1 farad or 5 or 15? hehe just wondering....got one free so I guess it goes in may as well rewire the good work that the cc guys did on that amp.
  • Options
    mpalombompalombo Member Posts: 186
    Does anybody know if work done to correct a TSB is covered by warranty? What if the truck is not under warranty anymore, do you have to pay?

Thanks,
    Mark
  • Options
    i put a 1f in, it's just behind the amp and up on the upper shelf of the rear of the cab. i don't know whether you can see it in those EXTRA sharp pics i sent you or not, but it's there. the funny thing about the cap is that two well known audio guys that promote the Monster cap, also say that they don't make a difference. but then say that when running power like you and i do, that it will help with the bass......Dohh! which is it? i know without it, i loose some high end, and the lights flicker a tad bit. so did you get one of them flashy ones that have digital readout?
  • Options
    The one that I got was a 1f from Rockford Fosgate with no digital display. Only reason I got it was cause it was free as my friend installed a 5f in his car. After installing it another friend had stopped by. Being an electrical engineer he had asked us how does this capacitor work? Reasoning was that a capacitor theoretically works only with AC power and not DC. Had me thinking maybe it was why I hadn't noticed any difference after installing it. Maybe a 5f would have a more noticable difference?

On another note, I had filed a complaint with the BBB against CC which denies that they had damaged my A/C controls while trying to fix their initial faulty wiring. These guys never cease to amaze me. It's a good thing they aren't in the quick lube business....
  • Options
    the caps for our needs are designed to work with DC power. they are merely a power storage that allow a power surge to the sub. the sub section of our amps is what hits the alternator the hardest. 1f does a little but not a lot. that's why the guys that put in mega watt systems have a row of caps in series. the ones with the digital tops are cool, but defeat the purpose since the display uses some energy. my lights flicker on certain tunes, but with the cap installed, i can raise the volume a number or two before i see the same flickering. the real solution to power spikes when the sub hits is a HO alt. they aren't cheap.
  • Options
    Will also work as well. But then you will need the alternator to charge them... I guess they get you anyway you want. The nice part about caps are they maintain higher voltage, decreasing the amperage, which in turn keeps the amplifier cooler.
    -Eric
  • Options
    and a 15f cap? That should solve all the problems that I don't have......hehe.
  • Options
    before you know it Dean, our systems will be worth more than the trucks......haha
  • Options
    Spend some bucks on it. Then let it sit in the boxes for a few years, wreck the vehicle, then realize the new one needs all different size components... Sux to be me...
    -Eric
  • Options
    Heard of ebay? Many, many people dump all of their s**t there.
  • Options
    Obyone thats what I needed. The mats look good and appear to be a one piece rear, is that correct?
    I am to indecisive and need to compare these mats at a store. The problem around here is only one store and they only have the Huskyliners in. The WeatherTechs they have look like a department store type and the one Catch ALL they had felt really cheap for the money. This is to simple to be so complicated!!!!
    Another note, got the approval from the better half to begin restoring my 1971 Chevelle Malibu. Now this is going to be fun!!

Dano
  • Options
    blackmax200blackmax200 Member Posts: 255
    Ryan, I wouldn't put a lot of faith in getting your laptop fixed with this. It might work; then again, it might not. Working on laptops is like working on an import vehicle: not a lot of room for working in. Yeah your parts may fit the new chassis, but for how long. Get the Dell then maybe try the Gateway chassis but use the machine for a backup only. I have tried fixing laptops with a 60% sucess rate. They take twice as much time as a tower/desktop.

just my .02 worth

matthew

Now I gotta go get a new cell phone as the one I had is now a curiosity item for the fish and other bottom feeders of Narragansett Bay! DOH!
  • Options
    Got word from dell today my computer has shipped WOOHOO
  • Options
    Why sell it? It will fit another vehicle at some point, and it is all new-in-box. I see car stereo equipment kinda like tools, at some point down the road it will be used (hopefully). The only useless piece would be the sub enclosure for under the rear seat of older style extended cab...

Anyone interested?
    -Eric
  • Options
    Yes, it's one piece and I believe I got it at carparts.com. Good luck on the Malibu. How much restoration is needed?

Eric...reasons for selling
    a)new technology rendering current obsolete
    b)clutter
    c)make room for NEW clutter (see (b))
    d)more money to buy more clutter
  • Options
    New tech, in head units only... Already in vehicle (no more On-star sniff, sniff LOL).

In boxes are couple of amps, speakers, subs & wiring.

Don't get me started on clutter. Live alone, 3 bedroom house down to 1 bedroom due to "stuff". Need to have lightning or tornado touch down & clean up!!!

Aaahhh...'tis Friday, and I will have to go have a porter in Tim's honor! Maybe two!
    -Eric
  • Options
    Long story short, first car I ever had and I really abused it racing. Then I parked it and used it only on the weekends. Had to drive it daily for a year to save for a house. The day we wen to get the loan it was stolen and stripped of the motor, trans and wheels. It suffered some body damage as well.
    That is how I got my first truck, insurance paid for it.
    After sitting in a demolition yard for a month, being towed home and sitting in the basement it needs a lot of TLC.
    Driveable for about $3000, total restoration about $15000. But since I have the truck I have something to drive while working on it. And I can haul parts when I find them. I torn between racing it and streeting it.
    Almost had the opportunity to race Talladega this weekend. B'day gift, but it didn't pan out. Paying for it was another option but at approx. $100 a lap I'd rather wait until the freebie comes around again.

Dano
  • Options
    did you know that there is a way to interface the OnStar with any current aftermarket HU?
  • Options
    ..so THAT is where my keg is going!!??

LOL

Enjoy

Me and Bruce are going to BBQ up the rest of the backstraps and have some good cold Quay Street Porter 442

- Tim
  • Options
    ..didn't know 2 guys could eat 4 lbs of Venison!

...ahhhh...the right seasoning and the right beer can make a man do anything....

haha

..and 2 sheets of drywall to boot!

LOL

- Tim

..Nightyyy Night
  • Options
    Saw a blip on the news, that a micro brewery had caused a ruckus in Utah for naming a brand, "Polygamy Porter." And then...(LOL), they coined a phrase..."Why have just one?"

I'm not making this up. True story.
  • Options
    at 10pm east. time?.....haha......not suprised though, did it all the time during a bar install i heard about....{=)
  • Options
    I believe tah porter story...heard some wild ones over the years....just wish I could remember them!

dohhh

stipid beer brain cells...

passed out?....nahhh....got tons to do thsi week outside before it's too cold.....and really shouldn't be here!...dohhhh..

C-ya

(and I remember applying stain at 3:30 am while someone else was sure liking that recliner...LOL)

- Tim
  • Options
    professor4professor4 Member Posts: 27
    The electrical drain on my Silverado was, in fact, a bad battery that tested okay. The dealer replaced the battery, and the problem is solved.

Thanks for your input.
  • Options
    sfishsfish Member Posts: 27
    I went out and bought chains for my 2001 ext 1500 and then read in the owners manual that if you have standard tires 265's you shouldn't use chains. Anyone have any experience with chains on standard 265 tires?
  • Options
    Did you interface the on-star? I heard that people had added an amp just for the on-star and ran a second set of wires to the speakers, but I didn't like the idea. I figure it was only a matter of time before they get interfaced through cd changer controls. On the other side, I don't have any use for the on-star, except for the remote unlocking capability. I am assuming this still works, as I only disconnected the radio leads???
    -Eric
  • Options
    Does the stock high cap cleaner add more HP than the regular air cleaner? Only ask because I didn't get the high cap because I plan to replace it with a K&N setup. Seems like I notice less HP from a dead stop and was wondering.

Thanks,
    Dano
  • Options
    Ryan,

If it shipped Friday then Monday is only 1 day. Saturday doesn't count so it "should" arrive tomorrow. I feel sure Dell will make it right if it doesn't. Slow down and enjoy things cause you might miss something.
    FYI, I've been waiting 6 months for my new machine. Company keeps dragging their feet and I'm too cheap to buy one myself. At least technology is better now!

Dano
  • Options
    one lousy day isn't going to kill ya babs.......but then again, i know someone who climbed the walls waitin for a bar top.........BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    Ryan doesn't need a bar top. He's too young to drink!
  • Options
    .only count week days,......and yesterday being veterens day may have something to do with it?

chill hoss

- Tim
  • Options
    txyank1txyank1 Member Posts: 1,010
    computer. Most of Dell's Mfg. has been moved out of Texas. Lots went to Mexico some went to Tenn.
  • Options
    "If it shipped Friday then Monday is only 1 day"

Well it was sent out thursday night. So friday + monday = 2 days (also ups works saturday but it doesnt count cause its not a business day)

The lady i talked to even agreed it should have arrived today (yesterday). The holiday on sunday had nothing to do with it.

Thing that gets me is its sitting about a block over at the local ups place :(

It took less time for my truck to be built and shipped ^&$%(&*#
  • Options
    tim and i had the experience of a lifetime last year with a certified check being 15 miles from my main office. the deal was that tim paid to have it delivered next day. first attempt was on a sat., and even though no one was at the office and the door clearly stated business days and hours, they claimed to have made a second attempt on sunday.....Dohh!.......it took a lot of tim's charm to get this one gal at the post office to make a 3rd(they only make 2) try. point to all this, is that sometimes, someone fouls up, and even though you will most likely get it today, you feel cheated.
This discussion has been closed.