Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    felixbkfelixbk Member Posts: 1
    I just got an offer of 20,500 for a 2009 Accord EX Coupe plus $299 Documentation fee. Is this a good deal. This is from Boch Honda.
  • Options
    wantedcarquotewantedcarquote Member Posts: 3
    Did any one recently bought 2010 Accord EXL V6 sedan leather with Navigation (high end)? If so, how much have you paid. pls post all the information in detail. Not sure does this matter if the dealer is in New Jersey.
  • Options
    1stmzda1stmzda Member Posts: 9
    20,500 for an EX Coupe in my area would be very good. Over here, the coupes move, they don't sit for very long after delivery so leveraging is not the best. Lots of sedans sitting but I wanted the LX-S Coupe (no moonroof). Checked 2 dealers on 3 coupes and they wouldn't budge from TMV. Btw, I can be one of those "you don't want to be my salesman" kind of guy so I think I'm pretty ok in my dealings. I got a good price on my trade in, an additional accesories value package, and the color combination I wanted, no compromise. Less than 10 miles on it, still prepping the vehicle when I checked it. Hopefully, you've been watching how the inventory moves in your area, or if you're willing to compromise on your choices you can leverage a better deal. Mazdas and Nissans cut way better deals here but I got what I wanted and I'm happy with what I got. Do your homework and apply it to your area and you'll do all right.
  • Options
    player98player98 Member Posts: 54
    1stmzda
    did you get the 2009 then. what was your vehicle sale price + doc fee (do not put OTD price).
    also what did the acces pck include and how much did you pay
    what combination did you finally get the ivory. i bought back in june and it was hard to get the color i wanted with the ivory interior which unlike many others i do like.
    also good that the car only had 10 miles.
    i think that in most areas it will be more difficult to get amazing deals on coupes whereas in sedans it is much likely.

felixbk i think you are getting a quite good deal. but to be fair in comparing with others i would say that you deal would be of $20,799. i prefer to look at it this way because we all pay different doc fees like here in my area our doc fee is $50. but nonetheless you are getting a good deal several hundred below invoice and that is before $1500 marketing support. does the car have any installed options that might bring the cars price up at the end?
    also like others have said your color options are going to be more limited as time passes so if this is the color comb you like i would go for it. trust me on this back when i got mine in june it was hard to finf color combs so i can imagine now .
    at this point if you plan to keep the car for a long time the 2009 will save you a lot over an 2010 which did not change much .
  • Options
    no many post for prices paid for 2010 accords yet. you state doesnt really matter much because we all have different fees for TTL. well only thing that state matters is on how much that state allows the dealers to charge for a doc fee.
    so when you compare prices if you get a chance look at car price + doc fee this will better compare actual price between different areas. the TTL is useless since not the same for all.
    one thing i can tell you is that you will not get any deals anywhere close to what people are paying for 2009s. expect to pay over invoice for this car.
    you are going to have to wait 1-2 months to get more details on prices paid for 2010 as for the most part people rather save several thousand on a 2009 that is practically the same car.
  • Options
    carhog24carhog24 Member Posts: 3
    The dealer cost of an EX-L is roughly $23,150 (after the $1,500 rebate, before TTL).
    The best offer I have had is $23,300 in Long Island.

I see post here that people bought this car for $500-$750 less than what we know are the dealer cost. The dealer ask me, how is this possible?
  • Options
    your cost will depend on your area. if there are not many cars with that trim in your area the dealer will be less willing to go down.
    i have read that someone paid $20500 but in case you did not see this person paid like a $300 or more doc fee which really made the car to be about 22800. what is the doc fee in your area and take that into consideration when comparing. well regardless i think you can go down more. call the other dealers tell them 22800 no more and tell them if they agree you'll buy asap from them . if it is not the case and dealers in your area still have a good supply on the ex-l one of the dealers will sell for a number lower than what you got. i would not pay more than $23,000. also take into consideration the color combinations if you wait too long the one you want might no longer be available. i dont see the point of getting a new car just because it cost you less and it not the exact color you wanted. when i got my car i had a quote that was $150 lower plus they offered to give me $1500 worth of options that were added by dealer for free. unfortunately they did not have the color i wanted i ended up paying $150 more (not much)and no options on my car at another dealer but it is the exact color comb i wanted.'but it just depends on each person some people do not care for color and they are happy some of us are not.
    but yeah do not pay more than $23,000 (including doc fee ).
  • Options
    jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    - If you are shopping for yourself shop OTD because we all pay it.

- Comparing prices from one area to another area even minus taxes is like comparing green apples to red apples unless you travel across country to purchase.
  • Options
    rjb81rjb81 Member Posts: 1
    Carhog24 i am also looking for an accord on Long Island, what dealer have you had the best luck with?
  • Options
    kpr1969kpr1969 Member Posts: 10
    I got this quote from a suburban Chicago dealer for an Accord LX-P Sedan (MT)

18,260 +TTL , which includes the 1,500 dealer cash.

Is this a good deal?
  • Options
    1stmzda1stmzda Member Posts: 9
    LX-S Coupe 22,500 with a 194 doc fee. This is pretty much TMV for this area. Tafetta White with Ivory. I did verify, Coupes with Ivory, carpet, dash, and doors will be contrasting black (which is what I wanted). Sedans with Ivory, dash/doors will be contasting dark/coffee and carpet is beige. Dealer also had a Belize Blue/Ivory delivered, color really "pops", nice but I went with the White as I think it will age better. Just my opinion but sometimes I feel "this year's hot color" may not look as hot 3 years down the road. Monitored the last 2 deliveries for Coupes in my area for 2 dealers and they've been selling fast. This my 2nd new Honda purchase, I'm happy, especially knowing their reliability and resale value.
  • Options
    jb turner

i many my purchase several months ago but nonetheless your advice is totally wrong.
    You cannot compare OTD prices of different areas sorry but im not sure where you got this wrong info from.
    you say we all pay OTD prices. do you know what this means. OTD is price paid of car+ options if any+ TTL.
    The fees for TTL (tax, tittle and, license) are not really the sam e in every area so why in the world would you use this to compare prices.
    two people could get the same price for a car but in one state tax is 3% while in another its 7%. so you see the OTD price would be several hundred dollars different.
    a dealer is not going to sell you a car several hundred dollars cheaper just because someone else pays less tax than you to get the OTD the same.
    comparing prices without TTL is the best way to make comparisons. also i tend to look at price paid plus doc fee as the sell price. one might pay $500 less for a car but then pay $500 doc fee while you paid $50 so if you see the price both will get is basically the same give or take $0-$100 bucks. know fees for TTL depends on your state cannot do anything about it. can you know see why comparing OTD is not a proper way to compare.
    sorry but i do not know who informed you about this but i think most would agree that your way of comparing is wrong. hope you get you facts straight if you plan to buy
  • Options
    carhog24carhog24 Member Posts: 3
    I agree, OTD prices makes no sense if for no other reason than taxes vary so much between states. Dido on the doc fees - its just a trick where they take from one hand & give to the other.
  • Options
    phxsuns1phxsuns1 Member Posts: 12
    Hi Guys,

I went to a dealer in Phoenix arizona to buy a 2009 Accord Sedan EX car. The dealer is quoting me the following rate. The dealer said the car automatically comes with tint, extra splash quards, wheel locks.

21700 - invoice
    400 - doc fees
    1785- tax (8%)
    400 - vehicle tax
    --------------------------
    total price was : 24,500 OTD

I told him that i read that others were buying the car around 23000. I wasnt sure if i was correct. Told him that i will do more research andcome back later.

What is a reasonable price for this model?

Thanks in advance.

-Sri
  • Options
    If you read my message it said "If you are shopping for yourself shop OTD because we all pay it."...I did not mean shopping for others.. I meant shopping for yourself shop OTD (car price, dealer fees... this fee that fee taxes etc..) It is a 100 percent certainty you will pay an OTD price.

"comparing prices without TTL is the best way to make comparisons.

If you shop for others the prices you have in your area even minus the taxes and fees can not be comparable to another another city or state because each area will be in a different market or incentives....example said car minus taxes and fees may be $29,500 in Pomona, CA however same car may be $30,200 in Jacksonville, FL due to differences in marketing support and the auto market in that area.

"sorry but i do not know who informed you about this but i think most would agree that your way of comparing is wrong"

I will betcha a nickle if you shopped for yourself you will pay an OTD price.

- OTD is the best way to shop if shopping for yourself.

- Prices paid in different areas are not comparable.

- We all pay OTD.
  • Options
    "shop for OTD price we all pay it".
    i dont ever shop OTD i know the fees for TTL in my area and i know that most dealers have a $50 doc fee that is it for fees + price of car. so see i shop price of car not OTD. the dealer that has the best price should have the best OTD. after my price i calculate the OTD myself to make sure dealer is not charging more than they should. if you tell a dealer you are shopping for OTD only and they provide you with it then you say well let me tell another dealer this is what i got. other dealers sees this number is high but knocks off $300 makes you happy and there you paid more than most. so see shopping OTD helps you in your area but only after you have compared prices

you are right we all pay it but its different for all. i guess you are trying to say that do not comparisons and just pay a good OTD price that you feel is right. my question is: if you do not know what others are paying how in the world would you know if your OTD price is good. i saw one post in which someone said they bought a car through some program and they were happy with their deal but if you compared it to other deals this person overpaid by a lot.

you are right that the market in every place is different. i have explain this many times in this thread before. i always see people say that this other person got it for less than what they are being offered. how much dealers are willing to lose per car depends on volume of cars sold. dealer selling lots of cars might let a few go for an amazing deal but dealers who sell less are not going to offer as great offers.

when it comes to incentives what i have said mainly pertains to this thread as the marketing support as far as edmunds has it is a national offer. i have not really seen honda give cash offers like nissan most people do not even know about the marketing support because this is not advertised. Honda dealers have the option to give you some or all of the marketing support but it is to their discretion. If they only want to give you $200 you cannot make the give the other $1300. Really look at the other post nobody has got cash back on top of the market support . So as far as “incentives” go for Honda as this is what this thread is about there is only the market support which as I have seen all areas are getting the same thing. So yes other than this your location determine how much you get the car for and they will not car if people here on edmunds or other websites have paid less.

But if you do know about other marketing support in other areas let it be know for people that live in that are.

Then again I think it is great to look at what other people are paying in other areas notice I did not say in this post or if you read my other post that everyone should get the same price. If someone says that it would be very stupid. In Honda case as all get same marketing support area will determine car price. By looking at prices you will get an idea of what to expect to pay if you notice a $2000 well common sense would tell you are overpaying. Every individual will make the final decision as to whether their deal is fair.

“we all pay OTD” . how does this help anybody that is shopping we all know or final number is called an OTD price.
    “OTD is the best way to shop if shopping for yourself”: well I could tell a dealer I am in the market for a car an plan to not may more than X amount of dollars OTD they take your money gladly but you could have saved more since you didnt’t research.

My last question is then why in the world are you in this forum if you do not care for the prices of other people and you know OTD will be different due to difference in other fees. Pay OTD does not help any body. A good OTD for me is different than to someone else. As far as I see it most people in this thread have got similar deals after price+doc fee were added. Although it will depend on your area for the most part using numbers obtained from here when contacting dealers has been beneficial to most and most are paying less than TMV which is good. So see comparing this way is doing good for many. So I am not sure why you are in this forums if OTD is all you care about . If people only posted OTD prices it would be difficult to compare.

But if this is how you like to shop that is fine. Personally I find this forum helpful. I used numbers similar to those paid by people in other sates and I got a good deal based on my area so it worked for me. Most people paid way more for OTD prices than I did I they were happy. Since we live in same area our doc fees and TTL were the same but price was different. They paid more even in my area so OTD as I see it means nothing to most here.
  • Options
    jason50jason50 Member Posts: 55
    For me, OTD is the bottom line when i compare to what others in my city pay for and the same type of model/trim that i am looking for. I do look at pre OTD price, but the OTD is what i deal with. OTD for the same model and city is only what i look at in the final analysis.
  • Options
    Right on Jason....We all pay an OTD price.
    Some dealers may have a lower price for the car however may not have the lower OTD price even in the same area because of the various fees etc added on.... this is why OTD is the way to shop because we all pay it.
  • Options
    houstonaggie95houstonaggie95 Member Posts: 1
    Just received a quote on a 2009 Black Honda Accord LX-P from a dealer in Houston that was $22,500 drive out. Is this a good deal? I am thinking about also considering an EX, however not sure what kind of deal I could expect. If going that route, would ideally like to stay under $25K all said and done.

Think that is unrealistic to find?
  • Options
    Not at all... and EX can be had less than 25k OTD all day long.
  • Options
    jason50jason50 Member Posts: 55
    My friend was able to get a 2009 Accord LX back in July for $20,100 drive out(paid cash) in Houston without doing the clash for clunkers. The LX-P should only be $700-800 more, so $20,800 drive out would be a good price for LX-P in Houston. However, back in July, there was quite a supply of Accords. Right now, there is a shortage of cars in dealerships in general.
  • Options
    Guys,

What is a good deal for Honda 2009 Accord EX OTD? Is 24,500 too much?

Please give me an idea.

Thanks.
  • Options
    cgtenniscgtennis Member Posts: 2
    24,500 for 09 EX OTD (assuming it's 5 speed auto) is too much. FYI, we got an offer at a dealership: 22,500 OTD for a 09 EX Auto (Tax rate in my state is 7%).
  • Options
    mclarrymclarry Member Posts: 21
    I've received offers around 23k. and the tax rate here is 8.5%
  • Options
    rosspanicsrosspanics Member Posts: 2
    Just got quoted $23,975 for a 2009 Accord EX-L, including destination. Sticker is $26,975. How much more could I probably negotiate off?
  • Options
    Yes. It's 5 spd Auto. 22,500 OTD sounds awesome. How much did the dealer tell you the invoice was?

This is what the breakdown he was showing me and telling me that there is no way you will get this car for 23,000.

21700 - invoice
    400 - doc fees
    1785- tax (8%)
    400 - vehicle tax
    --------------------------
    total price was : 24,500 OTD
    -------------------------------------
  • Options
    hfzeushfzeus Member Posts: 39
    Paid 20,250 OTD including new plates and 6% tax (CT). The car also had glass etching, which was listed as an extra 299, but they included it.

Very friendly, no b.s. dealer. Including having a coffee and demonstration of the car's features, was out of there in about 1/2 an hour.

That is the way car buying should be!
  • Options
    pilot4epilot4e Member Posts: 8
    I will be buying a coupe at the end of November. Anybody had luck or any experience in Chicago area. Will appreciate any help. Thanks
  • Options
    from what i see based on your car price you are between 100-200 above invoice this is without the $1500 marketing support that they have given you. or you can say they gave you invoice and only ~$1300 of their marketing support. guess price of car could be worked out a little but based on the area you live in i think you might still pay in the $23,000 range like your dealer said. comparing your tax with the other person that pays 7% and if you got the exact price you still might end up paying some $200 more. also the doc fee is very high i assume that it is much higher than the other persons. is the doc fee the same in all of your area or is it just at this particular dealer. if not the same go to another dealer. $400 vehicle tax not too sure on this i assume my deal had something like this but since it was not a number as high as this probably wasn't too bad on mine.

i think you could get the car in this price range $21,000-21,500 with out to much trouble maybe even lower.

but if the doc fee and vehicle tax is the same in all dealers in your area OTD price would still not be in the 22,500 range. assuming the vehicle tax and doc fee is same in all dealerships in your area and you get quoted $21,000 car price + 400 doc fee+ 1680 tax + 400 vehicle tax your OTD price would be $23480. you could even knock down the car price a bit more and you would still be in the $23,000 range.

other people have paid less OTD but is due to less tax, lower doc fee, etc.
    but like i said if vehicle tax and doc fee is only this price at this dealer go to another one. if fees are the same aim to get a lower car price which in turn will lower the OTD or just ask for a lower OTD since now you know a bit more when it comes to pricing. it is great that you are comparing but if your state allows dealers to charge that much fees it will make your chances of a lower OTD less likely.
    it is weird usually dealers that charge those outrageous fees give you a low sell price but then by adding the other fees they still profit. still i think you can do way better on OTD price you are given.
  • Options
    not many post of people getting an 2010 yet. i would not expect to get invoice pricing. TMV shows people paying coupe hundred dollars bellow msrp.
    some time in june or july someone posted that he/she would get invoice pricing on an 2010 but this person has not posted anything so i doubt it that he got that price. even if he did it was claimed that the owner or manager was a know. it is still about 2 months before you buy. i suggest just wait until nov . by that time more people should post 2010 deals and you can get a better idea
  • Options
    sunnyocsunnyoc Member Posts: 6
    Hi,

Guys let me know if this is a good price for 2009 EX V6 Accord.

23545 plus tax, title and doc fees(MSRP 26605)

Let me know if this is a good price.

thanks
  • Options
    Get the best OTD... we all pay it.
  • Options
    sunnyocsunnyoc Member Posts: 6
    This is what the dealer said for OTD:

Sale Price: $23,545
    Doc Fee: $250
    Sales Tax: $1,844.11
    Title Fee: $25.50

Out the Door: $25,664.61

This is for Accord EX V6. Let me know if this is a good price or still there room to negotiate. I haven't gone to the dealer but this is from Internet price from Internet Manager of the dealer.

thanks for info, I appreciate if any one can give an insight about the price.
  • Options
    Thank you Player98!
    Lets see what happens in a month.
  • Options
    shop4accordshop4accord Member Posts: 6
    The lowest quote that I have received on the EX-L (V4) for around $ 22,718 except TTL.
    I was hoping to get a sales price of 22K. How can I negotiate for them to lower the rate?
    This is my first time shopping for a car and I am feeling stressed out because I know I need to be so careful not to get screwed over by the dealer.
    Has anyone got some good deals in the Chicago area on the EX_L? If yes, which dealer?
  • Options
    jayfivealivejayfivealive Member Posts: 12
    I am that person player98 and last week I got a call from my dealership that said they are *finally* making the I4-EX-L coupes. I am indeed getting it at invoice price, but as I mentioned, I know the owner of the dealership through someone else. I doubt many others will be able to get that kind of deal. In addition to invoice price, I am getting 5% off all accessories.

I asked the dealership about if I would be able to take advantage of any deals (like if they have 1500 marketing support or whatever) and he said I can take advantage of all deals that will be going on at the time, but he doesn't know what those will be since the car won't be ready until around 10/23. They said it takes about 30 days for an order to be built once it's in.

It's my first car purchase, so I've just been reading on these forums a lot since July!
  • Options
    shadingdingshadingding Member Posts: 16
    Hi,

Is the price 23975 your final (OTD)?

I am also interested in bidding 2009/2010 EX-L.I will follow up you and other posts.

thanks.
    shadingding
  • Options
    action378action378 Member Posts: 7
    Back in June of 09, I went to Valley Honda in Aurora. Where I purchased an EX-L (V4) w/NAVI for $23,800 including destination fee, minus TTL and trade-in. This price did include the $1500 dealer in
  • Options
    Thanks action378!

And, how was your buying experience? Should I be careful about anything?
    I was thinking of going to Valley Honda or Honda city or Honda Superstore at Joliet in that order of preference. Just wanted to have a list in case things don't materialize at one dealership.
  • Options
    Has anyone taken a loan from a credit union and at what rate?
  • Options
    action378action378 Member Posts: 7
    The buying experience was very smooth and easy. A few days before I went to Valley Honda, I recieved 2 (from different dealers) on-line quotes. I took these quotes in with me and told Valley that I'd buy the car from them if they beat these prices.

The only thing that did take a little time was the price on the ext warranty. I was able to get a 8yr 100,000 for $900.00.

Best of luck and let me know how things work out.
  • Options
    What is the difference between v4 and i4 engine? Horsepower, economy, prize, etz.? Thanks
  • Options
    jayfivealivejayfivealive Member Posts: 12
    no such thing as a v4, it's i4 or v6 - difference is that the v6 has about 75 more HP, costs a few thousand more, and gets 4-5 miles a gallon less on average than the i4.
  • Options
    a13049a13049 Member Posts: 2
    I just bought an Accord last week. I bought a 2010 automatic coupe for 22500 OTD. The coupes are more expensive than the four door and its a year older so it seems liek you should be able to get a better deal
  • Options
    Thanks Player. I contacted another dealer and got the following breakdown.
    How can i ask him to reduce the price? Thanks in advance.

Internet Sale Price*: $ 20,749.00
    Destination: $710.00

SubTotal: $21,459.00
    Tax @ 7.8%:$1,673.80
    Lic. & Reg.: $432.75
    Documentation Fee: $347.80
    Total 'Out the Door': $23,913.35
  • Options
    postmortempostmortem Member Posts: 15
    V6 does not have 4-5mpg hit anymore - partially thanks to Honda's VCM (Variable Cylinder Management, 2-3 cylinders are disabled most of time), and it never had that big difference.
    21 / 30 mpg vs. 19 / 29 mpg
  • Options
    mommaroo1mommaroo1 Member Posts: 8
    i'm buying what is perhaps my last car, since i'm averaging 3000 miles per year--i'm presently leasing a 2007 accord, and like the way the car handles. i've decided to stick with honda and to go with the ex-l. my husband says we should go for the v-6---i'm not so sure. is it a smoother ride? quieter? what is a good price --we live in georgia. here's one quote from a dealer: Honda Accord Ex-L 4dr Sedan (2.4l 4cyl 5a) is $25,429 plus taxes and fees.

help! my car is coming off lease in a couple of weeks.
  • Options
    quick question was the doc fee similar or the same in every dealer?
    dealer here has not done too much only about $240 lower than from the $21700 .
    the vehicle tax is the lic. and reg right? i think you dealer is screwing with you with the numbers. see before the lic and reg was 400 was it not now they added some ~30. then took some off the doc fee but basically the doc fee and lic and reg fee when you add the before price and the new price is almost the same only about $20 off.
    so you cannot due anything about tax. but see why the lic and reg fee is more not much but more. there should be a price that the state sets for lic and reg check why it is increasing.
    so basically you t best bet is to lower the sell price at least another $500 more to and area near $21000, and see if you can negotiate the doc fee . some people say you cant do this but you can. you can argue that they lowered it some already but not much.
    by the way i forgot to ask. not sure if i asked before but what is the stock of accord in the dealerships. if it is low i might be a little more difficult to get it down but i think you can do it.
  • Options
    hey there. well i am glad the dealer will honor the invoice price. first i should suggest that you never tell a dealer that it is your first time buying. thats like telling them take advantage of you. when ever you get the car and get ready to do paper work make sure they are not going to charge more lic and reg fees or any other fees that are not usual. i had this happen to me once. i got a great deal i went down there since i had calculated my OTD price myself but then they wanted some $1000 more which didnt make the deal as good. i really hope they dont pull anything but just be careful. are you going to want dealer options if not tell them so that they dont add any to the car .
  • Options
    wow 22,500 OTD for an 2010 how did you do that.i assume this is manual trans.
    it be nice if you could get the details of your buy for those other people that want an 2010. most dealer are just getting the 2010 coupes didnt think any would sell for so low price. but great post the details