Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Infiniti G35 Sedan 2006 and earlier

Comments

• Options
    dpepperdpepper Member Posts: 44
    Don,

Danny's number is 888-4GRUBBS, his email is dmayer@grubbs.com

Do you know where the Ft Worth show will be held?

Inquiring if the vehicle will be in Austin, I'll find out tomorrow. If not, you might see me there, I'll be in the silver I35
  • Options
    gandhim3gandhim3 Member Posts: 191
    In case some of you are not aware, here are some more pics. Unfortuately, there is only one pic in a color other than the silver. But that lone pic has the G35 in blue!

http://auto.ascii24.com/auto24/e/2001/0618/e88npr_kt0618_22.html

• Options
    No, the vehicle was a loaner off the lot. I didn't have a lot of time to look at the speedo. Driving at those speeds, you just drive.

Roadway is in the country, 5 mile flat straight drive. Locked in at 148 on laser radar. Took the Max thru the academy driving course, handled ok, however I did have an GLE and not the SE.

Will get the G35 out there and on the course for response. Looking forward to put it to the test and will post results.

BTW, I have had extensive high speed driving training and experience. I don't drive like that in my regular routine, however I do want to know the limitations of the vehicle I drive.
  • Options
    g35playerg35player Member Posts: 7
    In comparison, it is about the same wind noise as the TL. I felt that the road noise might be slightly louder than the TL, but it is definitely quieter than the IS300, and much quieter than the WRX. The engine is actually very quiet reving between 3k and 4k! The throaty sound of the engine doesn't seem to be as expressive in the car than being outside the car. I was pleasantly surprise by the low noise level cruising at 80 mph on the freeway. As for rattle and sqeaks, I didn't hear anything while running, but then I wasn't paying attention to that. The finish and fit of the interior is very good, although there were signs of wear from car shows.
  • Options
    carsrcoolcarsrcool Member Posts: 26
    Want to confirm with some earlier posts the disappointment in the Infiniti tire selection. I really like the styling and potential of this car but the intro year model misses on two points. No manual tranny and no performance tires. Fortunately, I'm in a position to wait until they get it right, unless something else more appealing shows up before they do. We haven't seen any 0-60 times yet, a statistic of arguable value but never the less one that most everyone interested in a performance sedan looks at. I can see the reviews now...."combination of slush box and lack of tire traction really hurt the 0-60 time". Sure, it should hit somewhere in the 6s in 0-60 with current configuration and reasonably close to the target market competition but I expect that a 6 speed, with good rubber, proper gearing, 260Hp, 260 ft-lb of torque, and 3300lb curb weight should be somewhere between 5.5 and 6.0 in 0-60 without these two handicaps.
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply, I now know the G35 is the car for me.
  • Options
    kevingreesekevingreese Member Posts: 8
    Even without the free-maitenance Infiniti is a whole cheaper than the BMW 330, Merceded-Benz C320 and much, much more horsepower!!!
    Plus the warranty is 4-year/60,000 miles instead of the 4-year/50,000 miles!!!
    So if you want to pay up to $8,000+ more to get the scheduled maintenance included and get a much smaller size and less power than....
  • Options
    The G35 will have a manual-matic option.
    Let's face it the majority of the people buying any car in this range will prefer an autotmatc to a manual. And the G35 will have the best of both worlds. This is a standard option and not a costly option,as on the BMW or the Porsche Tiptronic.
    And having this type of car form this price is a way better value than the other cars on the mkt!!!
  • Options
    I work at Grubbs Infiniti and have just received the lsit of upcoming G35's with all the information about them; color, price, options, etc.

Right now we have about 4 of them pre-sold. We will secure the car for you with a $500 refundable security-deposit to give you the 1st right of refusal.

I have 2 of the 42 with navigation. We haven't ordered many with navigation as it isn't our best seller on the I35's or QX4's.

You can call me Kevin Reese at my 817.318.1200 for more information or email me at kreese@grubbs.com
  • Options
    hvan3hvan3 Member Posts: 630
    For those of you who live in Orange County, CA, Costa Mesa Infiniti has two preview dates for the G35 showing.

1/30 Wednesday from 5-8pm.
    1/31 Thursday from 9am-7pm.
  • Options
    magnetophonemagnetophone Member Posts: 605
    hey dpepper, I'm in Austin, too.

Any news on when the G35 is going to make its rounds here? Will it be at Austin Infiniti on Huntland? (I work like 5 minutes from there.)

I normally post on the CTS message board and was trying to explain that more people on the street are interested in the G35 than anything else... nobody here's heard of the CTS, but even my mother who used to drive a Q45 was like "I heard about this supposed G35 that's supposed to be like a Japanese BMW!"

So if there's any news let me know.

Thanks
  • Options
    kegelskegels Member Posts: 20
    I pre-ordered mine from Peninsula Infiniti and was told that it will be in by mid-to-late April for the G35 w/ sport, premium and aero pkg(plus the full spare).
    For those of you who have pre-ordered, are you getting dates earlier than April for the G35 w/ aero pkg?
    I can't wait to drive this car!
  • Options
    baron87baron87 Member Posts: 93
    What did you say Matt, come again...Japanese Buick?? :)

Yes, we have all heard of the G35 before CTS, and that's for one reason: it's really a Skyline, which has been around since the beginning of time. Cadillac didn't cheap out and re-badge a Vauxhall from Europe as CTS, like the G35 is a re-badged Nissan from Japan. Impressions, opinions; it's all subjective. And if people really haven't heard of CTS they will during the super-bowl ad blitz, and XLR, and SRX, and ALL of the five new "segment-buster" (see next weeks AW: 'Segment Busting: Caddy-Style!') Cadillacs arriving in the next eighteen months. Have fun!!
  • Options
    I said Japanese BMW.

Second of all, the G35 has its roots in the Skyline, which is a family of some of the world's BEST sports cars.

So we know to expect great things!
  • Options
    baron87baron87 Member Posts: 93
  • Options
    riezriez Member Posts: 2,361
    baron87... Think it more accurate than not to say GM actually did el cheapo out of Europe. I can't wait to see the origin of manufacture data on the CTS. Engine and transmissions from Europe. The odd 54-degree Opel V-6 has been around for ages. The auto tranny is the same one BMW has been buying for years from GM of Europe. The manual tranny is a Getrag.
  • Options
    xtypebuyerxtypebuyer Member Posts: 7
  • Options
    stanny1stanny1 Member Posts: 962
    CTS made the same mistake the Lincoln LS did in choosing the Getrag and that is too low an overdrive ratio. .82:1 means 3000 rpm at 75 mph. Fifth gear should be .72 or so. The G35 should solve that by going to their own six-speed. The only Getrag worth buying is the six-speed - it has two overdrive ratios.
    The IS300 is worse. It has a .85:1 fifth. Rev-city. Boy racer for sure. I would hate to buy a CTS when the new engine is coming out next year. Talk about planned obsolescence!
  • Options
    I just went by the Austin-Infiniti and spoke with Elmer Fisher, Internet Manager, he advised the car was leaving Grubbs on Wed and heading to another show somewhere.

It will not be making the rounds to Austin. Austin rep's will be going to the track in Dallas on Feb 19 for test drives. They will be taking photos and giving reviews for those that have placed deposits.

To you folks on the west coast, the vehicles will be arriving in there, you will get your's first. We east of you expect plenty of photo's and review' s.

Advised 1st arrivals should be in around the end of Feb.
  • Options
    mvargo1mvargo1 Member Posts: 298
    17" W rated high performance summer tires are available as part of the sport pkg. They can be replaced with all season v rated 17's at no charge or as part of the winter sport pkg.
  • Options
    I was lucky in the fact the Austin-Infiniti had ordered a vehicle in the configuration I wanted.

G35 Luxury Leather Model - Black Obsidian
    Black Graphite Leather
    Premium Package
    Sport-Tuned Suspension
    Winter Package (like I really need it in TX), but it had the options I wanted.
    Aero Kit.

The vehicle is on their board for arrival in late Feb. If someone on the west coast doesn't post first, I'll be glad to post the pic's.
  • Options
    maybeg35maybeg35 Member Posts: 186
    I looked at the car again in San Jose this time, and I did not ask for my deposit back. I can't wait to drive it in hopefully mid Feb. Should firm up a lot of deposit deals.
  • Options
    My schedule will not allow it. Disappointed, but I need to keep appt.'s already on the books. Need to make that money right now.

Glad to hear you didn't change your mind. I've enjoyed chating with you. You've been a driving force in my selection of this vehicle and your pic's and reviews are refreshing.
  • Options
    68bullitt68bullitt Member Posts: 177
    Can any Infiniti dealers out there confirm one way or another whether or not we can order a Leather pkg. G35 with the Sports Suspension Package but WITHOUT either the Aero Pkg. nor the Winter Pkg? Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    dpepper, we have had past relations with Austin Infiniti and they are a GREAT dealership.

Also, Roger Beasley Volvo where my mom got her new S60.
  • Options
    maybeg35maybeg35 Member Posts: 186
    I got busted by the board dictator....err moderator about my language and posting those pics directly to the site. Links are OK you just can't post pics you don't own. I own all of the except the red and blue. I've seen my pics on other sites too with my tag, go figure.
  • Options
    droidekausdroidekaus Member Posts: 11
    Crest Infiniti called and said to get over there as they had the G35 on the lot for one day. I'm sorry I didn't make it over before the car was in the shade, but at least you can see it in natural light. This is the red/willow with the sport package 17s.

I can't recall having seen pics of the G35 engine bay yet. Here's something that really impressed me. A stock, cold-air intake. Check out the lower right hand corner to see the exposed air filter and the picture below for a close-up of the intake. This thing is really going to breathe well...

Impressions: First, I've been wavering between this and the 350Z. I've already pre-ordered the 6MT Z, and today confirmed that I have done the right thing. Don't get me wrong, the G35 is a striking and handsome car, and as everyone has already said, pictures DO NOT do it justice. The seats are not supportive enough for me. I drive an Acura CL-S with heavily bolstered seats that wrap around you like a glove. The G35 seats are just a little too wide for my taste and obviously aimed towards a larger (no pun intended) demographic. Secondly, with no 6-speed available now, the G35 is not an option. I just learned how to drive a stick today (seriously) and within 2 hours I was flying into corners, downshifting with a little heel-toe action and powersliding out at the apex. I seem to be a natural and want nothing to do with an auto now. Even the Sport-shift manumatic in my CL-S is no match for the real thing.

I told a buddy who was with me that although the G35 is by all means a very attractive package, once I actually saw it in person I wasn't overwhelmed with a "I MUST have this car" feeling like when I stare at my 350Z brochure. Of course, this is just *my* opinion and by no means do I expect to sway anyone's decision with it. All that being said, I am still awaiting news if the G35 Coupe could possibly be here by Summer with a 6-speed from the get go.

If you're in need of a dealer in the Plano/Richardson/Frisco/North Dallas area, I highly recommend stopping by Crest Infiniti in Plano and speaking to Christy Neal. Tell her the "350Z" guy sent you. ;-)

• Options
    Mike,

Saw that last night, should say early this am. I think I'm going to wait on seeing one until mine comes in. It's like a baby on the way, don't want to know until it's here, if you know what I mean.

Everyone has been so helpful with their post, comments, reviews and pics, it was easy to make an informed decision on this ride. You'll get your's before me. Let us know how IT RIDES!
  • Options
    keyrowkeyrow Member Posts: 214
    I posted this on the initi M45 and G35 coupe & convertible board. Maybe someone here can answer my question.

Although the coupe is still just a drawing as far as public information goes, does anyone have an idea on just how close it will be to the 350Z. My initial interest was in the (red) G35 Sedan, I want the manual tranny so I will wait for its introduction later this year. BUT if the Coupe is scheduled to arrive Fall 2002 (per Infiniti.com), same time frame as the G35 MT, it might just be the better choice for me/us (it sure looks a lot better!). I already have a Lincoln LS for those times a back seat becomes a necessity. Since we are empty nesters it's time for some serious FUN! Anybody have any "inside" info or secret sources, other than the totally unreliable Hollywood.com?
  • Options
    sascuderisascuderi Member Posts: 73
    Does Infiniti offer a "customer loyalty rebate" to return buyers? Anyone know if such a rebate exists and what the details are?

Thanks
  • Options
    rezo00rezo00 Member Posts: 103
    " Secondly, with no 6-speed available now, the G35 is not an option. I just learned how to drive a stick today (seriously) and within 2 hours I was flying into corners, downshifting with a little heel-toe action and powersliding out at the apex."

He is jokeing I hope.
  • Options
    norcalmike2norcalmike2 Member Posts: 133
    The red car pictures look great! Did you happen to notice if those 5 spoke wheels were 17" ? Was that red car equipped with the sports suspension package? Thanks
  • Options
    Dang, I can't decide what I want. February 2003, my Impala LS will be two years old. By then, my car will be totally paid off.

I can't decide if I want the G35 coupe, the new Z, or Impala SS (if GM should decide to introduce the new SS version).

Right now, I accumulated $1500 in GM card rebate points. By end of this year, it'll be up to $2000. By early 2003, it'll be up to $2500 points. If I should decide to get either the G35 coupe or the new Z, I will forfeit the GM points I acumulated over the years. If the Impala SS gets introduce, my only option is to use my GM points and buy the Impala SS. But then again, I really want the G35 coupe or the new Z! That red G35 sure looks nice!! I love that front grill!!
  • Options
    Is it possible to get the aero package without the sports suspension package? I only want leather/sunroof/aero package. I prefer to get my own customize 17" wheels and lower the car by an inch.

Thanks
  • Options
    riezriez Member Posts: 2,361
    hvan3... If using up your GM credit card rebate dollars is important, have you considered the new Cadillac CTS? You can use your rebate dollars there. For about $30,000 MSRP it comes with 220 HP 3.2L V-6, 5-speed auto or manual transmissions, RWD, and lots of nice features. Plus has lots of options, including Sport Pkg. You should stop by a Cadillac dealer and take a look & test drive. Also guessing a Cadillac dealer will give you more in trade for your Chevy than an Infiniti dealer will.
  • Options
    dl7265dl7265 Member Posts: 1,381
    Gosh darn it i was near Crest today wish i had known the car was here ! aauugh, but thanks for the great pics....

btw not that i care, but can dealers solict sales on the board ?

DL
  • Options
    SAR21102SAR21102 Member Posts: 29
    I agree with the folks that are disappointed with the odd tire size they have chosen. As someone mentioned, Tirerack has no performance tires in 215/55/17s. The next reasonably equivalent size is 235/50/17, which is only 1.5mm difference in diameter. Tirerack has a couple of Pirelli tires in that size, only one of which is a very high performance tire. A couple of winter, touring, and all-seasons are also available.

Now mvargo1 says " 17" W rated high performance summer tires are available as part of the sport pkg. They can be replaced with all season v rated 17's at no charge or as part of the winter sport pkg." Do you know the brand and model of these tires?

If Infiniti wants to travel in this "luxury sports sedan" market and compete with Audi and BMW, they gotta fix this. Maybe they will when they get a manual transmission. . .
  • Options
    rezo00:
    I'm not kidding. I've got sixteen years of driving under my belt, so the actual "driving" part didn't get in the way. I also equipped myself with as much knowledge as possible to get the "theory" down before I got behind the wheel. I went to this place called Rent-A-Wreck and picked up a POS Sentra that doesn't even have a tach! LOL! A buddy took me to a vacant lot and as soon as I figured out where the clutch take-up was, it was no problem after that. I'm actually smoother driving fast than I was tooling around in traffic if you can believe that. OK, so maybe the heel-toe was a bit exaggerated, but I was properly blipping the throttle when downshifting at speed. ;-)

norcalmike2:
    Yes, as far as I could tell, that was the suspension package and those were definitely the 17s. The wheels were shod with some lame Goodyear touring tires that I'm sure are not the ones that will actually arrive on the vehicle. I know for a fact that they just slapped them on because one wasn't even mounted properly and was going in reverse of it's proper rotation. They're definitely not test-driving this one as it makes the rounds.
  • Options
    I just took a look at my full-size pics from today to identify the tires. The ones on the car I visited where Goodyear Eagle GS-Ds. Sorry, folks, but when I think of "sports" tires, these are definitely not at the top of my list.
  • Options
    g35playerg35player Member Posts: 7
    So far I have only seen the black leather interior. I am very interested in your opinions on the willow leather interior with the Ti trim. Does the center console clash with the willow colored seats? Is there a different shade for the dash vs the seats? Is it a good blend of colors or does it clash? If you have any pictures, that would be great!

BTW, great picture of the car! Just wondering if anyone else other than me thinks the rims look much better in the brochure than the real thing...
  • Options
    aggie4aggie4 Member Posts: 16
    The G35 looks good in red. I too would like to see the other colors. Hey kevingreese at Grubbs, what colors do you have coming in?
  • Options
    dl7265dl7265 Member Posts: 1,381
    I was looking at your web site and it says Grubbs is located in Ueles Tx, where the heck is that ? lol just kidding , but you might wanna see if Infiniti can get that corrected.

Also several have asked where the Ft Worth auto show will be held. can you help them out ?
    thanks
    DL
  • Options
    jimmyj1945jimmyj1945 Member Posts: 141
    For what it is worth-the voice of experience. I had $1500 in Ford credit that had to be used or I would lose it. I just could not stand to see that money go down the drain, so I bought a ford. Less than six months later, I bought the car I really wanted-An Infiniti! Yes, I lost money on the ford deal. Anyway, if I had to do it over again, I would buy what I really wanted.

Jim
  • Options
    jimmyj1945jimmyj1945 Member Posts: 141
    The Tarrant County Auto Show is again at the Convention Center downtown. Sorry, don't know the exact address.

Jim
  • Options
    stanny1stanny1 Member Posts: 962
    As mentioned in a former post, a good alternate size is 235/50/17. This is the standard size for the Lincoln LS Sport Suspension models. I drive a 2000 LS Manual with this size tire. It is actually a Firestone Firehawk and was designed specifically for great handling. Tire Rack has these for the incredible price of $69.00 and many LS owners have bought an extra set for replacement. I have run many slolom runs on this tire and I can't imagine a better value. If you have the bucks, you can go for the favorite of the M3 crowd - the Yokohama AVS Sport at around $200 each. It's radical tread pattern makes it probably the best dry handling tire out there. Even more expensive but probably better if you live where it rains and snows (I live in San Diego) is the Michelin Pilot at well over $200 per. Even with my aggressive driving, The Firestones will yield over 25,000 miles. They are a bargain.
  • Options
    cayennered1cayennered1 Member Posts: 193
    Unfortunately these crazy option packages of Nissan's force almost everyone to buy something that they don't want. I want a Leather Addition and Sport Package only. To get that all I need to do is buy Moonroof, Bose Stereo and a Winter Package which tack on another $2500.00 or so to the price. So much for low base prices. I may end up forgetting the Sport Package since It's not worth it to me to end up paying $3000 for a sport suspension, alloy wheels and Titanium trim ($400 retail). The car is still a great deal if you want all these options. But if you're on a budget you are likely to have to forego some things that you might want to keep the price reasonable.

Oh and did I forget to mention, you can't get the Aero Package without the Sport Suspension Package.
  • Options
    cayennered1cayennered1 Member Posts: 193
    I certainly think the red color is very nice, but I have a problem with anything but a light color on this car.

That problem is the very thick chrome molding that surround sthe door frames.
    It creates in my mind the appearance of an older car from the 70's or 80's. Therefore, I think the car should either be silver, platinum or pearl white. This mutes the chrome and makes the car look much cleaner in my opinion. This of course, is a purely subjective judgment on my part.
  • Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    To answer your question, no, dealers may not solicit sales within the Town Hall. And members may not solicit sales either - this is spelled out in your Membership Agreement.

I may have missed where you are coming from with that question, but if you have seen solicitation in a posted message, please notify the board host - in addition to our posts, you'll find links to each of our profiles at the top of the main discussion list for each board.

Thanks!

Pat
    Host
    Sedans Message Board
  • Options
    68bullitt68bullitt Member Posts: 177
    QUOTE: "Oh and did I forget to mention, you can't get the Aero Package without the Sport Suspension Package. "

Hey cayennered1: But do you know if the converse it true? Can you get the Sports Suspension Pkg. WITHOUT the Aero Pkg.?
    Thanks
  • Options
    You guys need to get over the fact that the Nissan offers off size tires. Once your tires wear out, do you really want to replace the same size tire? Here's your chance to "customize" your tire preference. I would recommend 225/45/17. If you want to go a bit extreme, like myself, lower the vehicle by one inch to improve cornering.
This discussion has been closed.