Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

What Car is Right For Me? Help Me Choose!

Comments

• greenacuragreenacura Member Posts: 42
    Has anyone gone from a TL to a TSX? I have owned 3 Tls ('00, '04 & currently '07). I am thinking of leasing the 2009 TSX with the tech package. I don't like the look of the new TL but the 2009 TSX reminds me of my current TL. On the test drive, it seems to be fine, maybe even a bit more peppy than the TL and lower speeds. I am thinking of pulling the trigger but I don't want to regret it a few months down the road. I'm thinking of looking at the Accord EX-L V6 but somehow, the idea of going from an Acura to a Honda seems like a step back plus from these forums, it doesn't seem like there will be much of a price difference. Also thinking of the Altima although the wife doesn't like the idea of a Nissan. Also, back in 2007, I looked at the Altima and it priced the same as the TL (granted the Altima was a new model then, so no leasing discounts). Any advice?
    Thanks for the responce. My budget allows me to lease in the $300 to $500 range. I do prefer the Acura brand over Nissan, Honda, Mazda plus the longer warranty covers me for the entire 36months 45K. The car is used as a daily commuter for my wife and I into downtown Boston each day. I do require the navigation system & XM radio, which is offered in the cars mentioned above. I'm just thinking the TSX is a bit too small, especially in the back seat yet the Accord seems too large plus the Accord back end is just plain ugly. Not sure what other makes/models that will work. I do really like the look of the TSX though....
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    I have always told myself that one reason I spend so much time researching cars is because you never know when you'll need to buy a car fast... like if your car is totaled in an accident. OK, I do it because it's fun, but what if I had to buy a car without notice?

I have that predicament now. My 2005 Jetta was hit by a guy running a red light this week and was declared a total loss by his insurance company. So I need to buy a car tomorrow because I won't have time for car shopping for the next few weeks after tomorrow due to a heavy work schedule. Since I just went through this process at the end of last year, when I bought the Jetta, I have a pretty good idea which cars I would want to buy. I am relating my thought process here in case it is useful for others facing this decision--and if you are reading this discussion, you probably are facing this decision.

Main requirements: Reliable (preferably with manufacturer warranty for at least 2 years); safe (must have 6 airbags, decent crash test scores, and ABS minimum); economical (e.g. I4 engine, no bigger than mid-sized); clean CarFax (not a guarantee, but better than nothing); automatic tranny (more for other drivers in family than for me); power windows/locks/mirrors, remote entry, cruise; good blend of ride and handling (not too firm of a ride, as the roads are bad in my area); styling/color I can live with (e.g. no black cars); and price ceiling of $13k before T&L (could go a bit over that if needed). Would prefer something closer to $10-11k.

Plusses: Higher the fuel economy, the better; electronic stability control; moonroof; power seat; "certified" car.

The Short List (Car / Price before negotiation / Miles / Notes), in general order of preference:

2007 Fusion SE / $9k / 37k / Does it have ABS? Why is it so cheap??
    2008 Milan Premier / $13k / 20k / Loaded car!
    2008 Mazda6i Sport / $12.4k-12.9k / 14-20k / Several samples available
    2007 Civic LX Coupe / $12.8k / 41k / How much to certify?
    2005 Prius / $13.8k / 51k / Looks/drives like new, Pkg 4, good price for a Prius
    2005 Jetta GLS 2.0 / $11.8k / 25k / Not VW certified (but is certifiable), moonroof
    2006 Jetta 2.5 / $12k / 49k / VW certified
    2005 Jetta GL 2.0 / $11.3k / 32k / VW certified
    2005 Jetta GL 2.0 / $11k / 42k / VW certified
    2008 Sonata GLS / $10.8k / 39k / Hyundai certified, ESC, moonroof

A few others I saw online that were a bit out of my price range but intriguing were a 2007 Accord LX with 15k miles for $14k, a 2006 Accord SE with 25k miles for $13.5k, a 2007 Civic EX coupe with 30k miles for $14k, and a 2008 Civic LX 4-door with only 9k miles for $14k. I might make a play on some of these, see if the price will come down any.

My attack plan is to check out the Fusion, Milan and Mazda6s first, since they are all at the same dealer. If the Fusion checks out and has ABS, that could be it. If not, I'll move down the list, trying to negotiate as low as possible on the price (since I have many options and there's more where these came from).

In case anyone wonders why the Sonata is so far down the list, given it meets my requirements well and is priced reasonably: I looked at it the other day and it needs a little work (broken driver's mirror, door trim damaged, small hole in rear seat back, smoky interior). Also, it was advertised as pearl white, which I like, but it is actually plain white (which I can live with but am not excited about). It drove fine and the body is pristine, and it has a clean CarFax, so I'd consider it but there's other cars I like better.

Got to get to bed so I can hit the dealers first thing in the morning!
    Epilogue: I bought a car. However, it was none of the cars on the list I posted earlier. It was a car I found out about this morning, doing another search on the Web before I left for my hunt. So the lesson learned there is, never give up looking until you've handed over the money. But my research paid off I think because I was able to tell the sales rep truthfully that if he did not meet my offer, I would head off to look at all the other cars I had zeroed in on in the $11-12k range.

Oh yes... I bought a 2007 Rabbit 6AT, blue, 34k miles, 4 years/40k of VW warranty left (including 2 years of VW Certified warranty). Paid $11,050 + T&L. Got 4.09% for 60 months from Think Mutual Bank (highly recommended for folks in the Twin Cities or Rochester, MN areas--their 48 month rate is 3.99% now). Since this is an upgrade from the car that was totaled (2005 Jetta GL) and I lowered my payment about $80/month, I almost don't mind the knot in my forehead now. :)
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    The Fusion was introduced in 2006. Although it is a Ford, it is based on the previous generation ('03-'08) Mazda6 platform. My best friend has an '08 Ford Fusion SEL V6 and it it feels more like my Mazda3 than a traditional Ford.

Consumer Reports rates the 2006 Fusion as Better Than Average and '07-'08 models Much Better Than Average (Excellent) reliability. The Mazda6 gets similar ratings, especially '06-'08 models.

The Fusion and Mazda6 are sportier-looking than the Altima or Accord, IMO. The cars share powertrains- 2.3L 4-cylinder with 5-speed manual or 5-speed automatic or 3.0L V6 with 6-speed automatic.

The '07 and '08 Altima are rated as Average (4-cyl) to Better Than Average (V6) reliability, so the '07 seems like a safe bet even though it was the first year of the current model. For a 19-yr old, the 4-cylinder is the safest bet...both for safety and insurance cost. The Altima with 175hp 2.5L is among the quickest 4-cylinder sedans. The 270hp 3.5L V6 is more power than I'd want my kid to have! :)

Another consideration with the '07 and newer Altima is the transmission. Instead of a conventional automatic transmission, they have a CVT. To date, the CVTs have had no reliability issues, but there's no long-term, high mileage reliability info yet. If he hasn't driven a CVT-equipped Altima, a thorough test drive is a very good idea. Some folks (myself included) don't care for the CVT's driving characteristics.
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
    It's unfortunate that the new TL is so hideous. The last two generations ('99-'03 & '04-'08) were among my favorite cars!

I agree that the TSX is much better looking. I'd suggest a long test drive in a TSX before making any decisions. If you have a relationship with a particular Acura dealer, they often will let you take one overnight. If the 4-cylinder has enough power for your driving style, go for it!

FYI- the 2010 TSX will be available with a 280hp 3.5L V6, if you aren't in a rush to buy!
    What about the Infiniti G37 Sedan? They currently have a $379/mo 39-month lease deal on them....
    I thought about the G37 Sedan but I live in Boston so I'd need the 4 wheel drive option which may price it out of my range. I think I might ask my Acura dealer for an overnight test drive as recommended in one of the posting. I've had 4 Acuras but all purchased from different dealers. The V6 TSX might be interesting but maybe too powerful. I post my update if I can snag an overnight test drive.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,930
    V6 TSX??
    Did I miss something?

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

See post 1832. I have also read that Acura is coming out with a V6 TSX. Dealer confirmed it when I was trying to get my ovenight test drive. Has anyone been successful in getting an overnight test drive? 2 dealers said no. Maybe I'll try in person this weekend....
    oh, i did miss that. Thanks.

Wonder why they would do that. I mean, the TL now gets SH-AWD, pretty much making the RL useless, and then they give the TSX a V6. What's the point? The sizes really don't differ all that much. Although, I suppose neither do the 3-series and 5-series.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

The TSX will be getting a 3.5L V6 with 280hp. I presume it's the same engine found in the standard TL. The TL SH-AWD has a 3.7L 305hp, which is the same unit found in the RL. Hopefully, the base model TSX will still have the 201hp 2.4L 4-cylinder.

The TSX V6 and the base TL seem redundant....and the TL SH-AWD and RL are also redundant. I'd just dump the hideous TL and drop the RL price a bit! The TSX and RL are gorgeous in comparison to the TL, IMO.

I was expecting the 240hp 2.3L Turbo I-4 from the RDX to show up in the TSX instead of the V6. Perhaps it will replace the non-turbo I-4 eventually???

The technology and powertrains are near-perfect, just what you'd expect from Honda. But stylistically, Acura has really lost its way....
    Have you thought about the 2009 Mazda6? It's not a "premium" brand but in the higher trim levels, it looks and drives like one! The mid-level Touring and high-end Grand Touring trim are available on the 4-cylinder (i) and V6 (s) models. You can get cool features like Xenon headlamps, LED tail lights, Blind Spot Monitoring System, rain-sensing wipes, Bluetooth connectivity and Bose Audio system. The Touring models interior is part-leather/part-premium cloth, which is a nice option for those of us who aren't huge fans of leather.

Just a thought. ;)
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Sounds like you got a great deal, have to keep us posted on your impressions of the Rabbit.
    I was expecting the 240hp 2.3L Turbo I-4 from the RDX to show up in the TSX instead of the V6.

So was I.
    Would have brought the tuners back to Acura, that's for sure.

• rockymtnhirockymtnhi Member Posts: 19
    New TSX comes with V6 :shades:
  • gerri1gerri1 Member Posts: 11
    Hi all, there doesn't seem to be a Help Me Choose SUV forum but another CarSpace host sent me this way. We need a car for our 22 year old son who's environmentally conscious, good safety record, and starting a new job. We want quality, reliability, safety and something that doesn't scream old surburbia. He needs an SUV v a sedan since he wants to cart around his dog. We are happy to do used v new. We've been looking at hybrids frist but boy, there just doesn't seem to be a lot options. Scared about the Ford Escape's brake issues, or is that overblown? Don't want the boxy, quirky of the Kia Soul, etc. Shoudl we just be looking at a good, used fuel efficient non-hybrid SUV and if so, what would you recommend? Wouldn't want one any older than a 2007. Thanks tons!
  • irismgirismg Member Posts: 345
    Congratulations on your new-to-you VW! I liked your piece on your thought processes in deciding on a car, and I just thought I'd add that another consideration sometimes in deciding what car to get is how many dealers in your area can do the warranty work. Example, there is only about one Volkswagen dealer every 100 miles in Oklahoma, so no matter how much I may like VWs, the lack of VW dealers is a deterrent for me even though there are quite a few late model/off-lease cars on the used market. It's a similar situation here with Hyundai and Kia. Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Honda and Toyota dealers, on the other hand, are almost dime a dozen. Therefore, sometimes it pays to not always go with your first choice for the sake of the convenience of having someone nearby who can service it.
    Yes, availability of dealer service is definitely an important criterion, especially if the car is still under factory warranty (as mine is). Fortunately, I have one VW dealer five minutes from me and another, the one I bought from, 15 minutes away, plus at least one other within 30 minutes. So that was not an issue for my purchase decision.
    Have you looked at the Sportage? Excellent utility for its size, good reliability record, good active and passive safety (not tops in class in crash tests but not too bad either), and attractive pricing. Dealers in my area are offering 2009 Sportages (new) starting at $14k for the I4. Fuel economy is not as good as a hybrid of course, but it will cost a lot less than a new hybrid SUV and it has the benefit of a long factory warranty. I almost bought a Sportage I4 FWD last year, decided to go with a used minivan instead. Its twin is the Tuscon, but I like the Sportage better and the Tucson is being replaced soon by an all-new (and very impressive, based on early pics and info) SUV design.
  • infinit97_owneinfinit97_owne Member Posts: 2
    Hi All,

i need some assistance from the community here. I'm looking at buying a 2009 Volkswagen Jetta SE automatic with no add on's. Since i do not have much idea about a good price to offer, i'm looking at some guidance from folks here.
    I got an offer of 20,100 including dest. charges, but does not include T,T&L.
    I will appreciate some sound advise from the community as to what would be a good price.
    FYI i'm in the Dallas Fort worth area

Thank You
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    Volkswagen Jetta Prices Paid Forum

Try going here, I'm sure someone will be able to help you! :shades:
  • crackberrycrackberry Member Posts: 9
    I have been looking around for a Hybrid sedan as my current car is giving me lot of trouble. Toyota/Lexus seem to have a better + reliable Hybrid collection.

The Toyota Camry is one option (I have a long commute and Prius is not for me).
    The current Lexus Hybrid cars are expensive ($55K+).

However, looks like there is a new Lexus Hybrid sedan "HS" that will be available in "fall" as per the Lexus's website http://www.lexus.com/fcv/HSHybrid.html

Does anyone have any updates on the car price, numbers that will be available or feedback?
    Edmunds.com has estimated the MSRP at $32K.

I am trying to figure out if I should wait for HS or go ahead and avail the $1500 cash back currently offered on TCH.

or is there a better alternative?
  • crackberrycrackberry Member Posts: 9
    The following website review has the price starting around $40K.
    http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/2010-lexus-hs-250h2.htm

Good info on this site.
    If you have a long commute, particularly one that is highway-intensive, a hybrid won't be the best option for you, I think. Hybrids shine in the city, where the engine-shut-off abilities, and capabilities to run on electric-only at low speeds, allows city fuel economy to actually supercede that of the highway economy.

If it were me, and I wanted to drop $30k - $35k on a near-lux car, I'd be looking at vehicles like a Maxima, an Avalon, or maybe even check out the new Hyundai Genesis. A hybrid on the highway will probably get about 3-5 mpg better than its non-hybrid counterparts (using the Camry Hybrid as an analog there). Not worth the extra dough. If you lived in town, the difference would be closer to 10 mpg, a big difference.
  • psumommyof2psumommyof2 Member Posts: 18
    Help me choose..

I’m starting my research to determine what my next car should be when my lease ends in September. So, if you were in the following situation, what would be on the top of your list as the “perfect vehicle” to BUY.: Single Mom with 2 kids, occasionally transport friends, so extra room is nice, but not always needed have a 50 mile roundtrip daily commute to work and are working with a budget that will nix super luxury cars…I’m looking for a car that once paid off, will become the car that I can drive for many years.

Thanks!!
    New or used? Can you narrow the budget down more? What are you currently leasing? And do you like the vehicle? How old are your kids?

Without knowing the answers to the above, I suggest Mazda5.

Depending on how many friends you need to transport, I'd either be looking at a small-to-medium SUV that has excellent safety ratings and reliability, e.g. something like a Forester or RAV4 (can seat 7) or CR-V or Santa Fe (can seat 7), or a used vehicle like a Honda Pilot (save the new-car depreciation). If a smaller vehicle would work, there's some really nice smaller wagons like the Matrix/Vibe, Impreza, Rondo, and Mazda5. And of course minivans--really great deals available on those now (especially 1-2 year old ones) as they are not selling all that well, but I think they are a great car for a family (I have a Town & Country).

Hard to narrow it down to one "perfect" vehicle based on what you have told us. There's so many excellent choices out there. My advice is, pare your list down to a reasonable number of vehicles and start doing test drives to sort them out. Get down to a few you like, and start negotiating. Don't narrow it down to just one "perfect" vehicle because you will be at the mercy of the car dealer then.
  • ronsmith38ronsmith38 Member Posts: 228
    My daughter just went through this exercise, and settled on the CR-V. She loves the vehicle, and having ridden in it, I too am impressed. The LX model is about $20k.
  • psumommyof2psumommyof2 Member Posts: 18
    I am currently leasing a Honda Odyssey and while I like the van, I'm not in love with the van. I find it on most days to be too big of a vehicle for just the 3 of us. When I've got my daughter's friends with us, it's perfect..My kids are 9 and 5. I am not opposed to buying a used car, if I can get more bang for my buck buying used, that'll work for me.

Right now vehicles I've been researching are Mazda 5, Honda CRV, Chevy Equinox, Chevy Traverse, Toyota Highlander and so many others, i'm just having a hard time narrowing down whether I want to stick with something smaller that would only seat 5 and stop being the friend transporter or get something that would seat 6/7..and now with gas going up again, I know I want something that gets decent gas mileage. I appreciate everyones feedback so far..thanks!
  • ronsmith38ronsmith38 Member Posts: 228
    If you plan to lease again stay away from the American made models, as they depreciate too fast to be good candidates. In this case from your list the CR-V would be your best bet, followed by the Toyota and Mazda. If buying outright some American models are selling at fire sale prices. I rode in a Traverse and it was quite nice.
    BTW, I graduated from Penn State about 50 years ago!
    You might want to wait a bit if you are interested in the Chevy small SUV, as the Equinox has been redesigned for 2010 and looks like a VERY nice vehicle, from what I saw at my local auto show. Also the fuel economy will be excellent for this kind of vehicle, 32 mpg highway per EPA with the 2.4L engine. That is as good as many mid-sized sedans. Supposed to be available "summer 2009."

http://microsite.chevrolet.com/allnewequinox/
  • jbbeveljbbevel Member Posts: 28
    I'm looking for a car that's fun to drive, but good on gas, and having a bit of utility would be nice too. So far, I've got it narrowed down to three.

2009 Toyota Matrix 1.8L Manual (for better MPG)
    2010 Mazda iTouring 2.0L Manual (just fun to drive)
    2009 Honda Civic LX-S 1.8L Manual (MPG, looks)

I like the utility of the Matrix....

I like the feel, drive and looks of the Mazda....

I like the reliability, gas mileage, and looks of the Honda.

Thoughts? :confuse:
    Honda Fit????
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
    If you like utility, as well... I'd agree with the Honda Fit (sport, manual), and add the Subaru Impreza hatchback ..

I like hatchbacks in small cars.. I might pick the Mazda, too... but, only the hatchback model (more money, bigger engine, more fun, worse mileage).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

+1 vote for test driving the Honda Fit. More utility than the sedans, and more fun to drive than the Toyota.
    The Impreza isn't that imprezzive in the fuel economy area, but fits otherwise.

Another car to check out for a small, roomy, versatile car with good handling and fuel economy is the Elantra Touring.
    Well.... I started with the Honda Fit on my list. Until I test drove it. It felt so gutless...even the manual seemed to scream at me when I accelerated. It felt too much like a tin can to me.... and the plastic dash was a real turn-off as well. The gas mileage would be awesome, and I like the looks of the Fit... but it has fallen off my list after a test drive.

:)
    I'll have to consider the Suburu.... I did hope get a little better MPG... but it matches most of my needs.

The Elantra Touring is something I'll have to look at.... I just am a bit skeptical of anything with the Hyundai name on it... though I think they'll improved their quality since those early cars that seemed to fall apart.
    Yes, check the calendar, it is indeed 2009, not 1989. ;)
  • goateegoatee Member Posts: 51
    Everyone has different tastes and little things that bother them. In a perfect would & In my opinion my next vehicle would be.
    1.Made by GM - Ford or Chrysler in the USA.
    2.AWD available
    3.Gas filler door must be on the driver side - I don't know of any passenger who fills the tank with gas. This is a rediculous design & I dont care what the reasoning is.

I don't think such a car or vehicle exists other than a large SUV.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
    Yeah.. the Subaru mileage will be down in the Mazda3 2.3 litre range... but, it does have nice acceleration, AWD, and a hatchback option... That's what would knock the Civic out for me... No four-door hatch available..

But, I just got 30.5 mpg on my last tank... :)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Of course, that was in city driving, right? ;)

I don't see how the Civic can be considered as a "versatile" vehicle.

Speaking of SUVs, though--just read a review in my local paper of the 2010 Equinox. I think it's made in the USA, it's very roomy, versatile of course (big cargo area), and best of all is rated 22/32 mpg with the direct-injection I4 and 6AT. That is comparable to mid-sized sedans and even many smaller cars. Might be worth checking out.
  • taffetawhitetaffetawhite Member Posts: 1
    Seating in cars is like dining table seating...choose the table that is right for you 99% of the time. And reflects how you actually live day to day, and not how you dream of living.

Would you consider buying a castle-sized dining table to seat 20, just because you have 20 kids in the house once a year for a birthday party? That seems absolutely ridiculous.

Would you consider buying a school bus because it would be really convenient for OTHER people and THEIR kids if you would spend YOUR money to drive their kids around?

I bought a Honda Fit, base model, automatic, and I'd like to recommend it as an option. I did look around a lot. I was interested in reliability, mpg, pollution, versatility (for the interior), ease of getting in and out of vehicle and getting things in and out of the vehicle.

With you and two, each of the children can choose to have ONE friend come along, and that's 5 people, the Fit will handle that quite well.

The insurance on the base model is great. The resale on the Sport model is great. You can get a lot of insight into the Honda Fit by reading the Edmunds ongoing blogs:
    http://blogs.edmunds.com/roadtests/Vehicles/2009-honda-fit-sport/

You have their comments and lots of comments from other people below each entry.

You want to find the right vehicle for YOU and YOUR family. Not for everyone else. Not for occasional transporting other people or things. If you need a truck once a year, rent one. If you need a passenger van once a year, rent one or call a cab service that has that option. If you are buying something huge, have it delivered. The same way you would treat a birthday party or gathering by making do, or renting things for the day, for the event.

Use a common sense approach! If you find a car that fulfills 99% of your daily life NEEDS, you won't be disappointed.
  • goateegoatee Member Posts: 51
    The chevy Equinox is built exclusively in Canada with a chineese V6 engine. The fuel filler door is still on the passenger side. Does anyone else notice or do those with passenger sided gas fillers struggle at the filling station. Otherwise it looks great if you can get over the other stuff. This is why cars like the Venza and Santa Fe look so appealing.
    Is the direct injection I4 I mentioned built in China also?

My personal car has the fuel filler on the passenger side and my other vehicles have it on the driver's side. Walking a few feet around to the passenger side to fill up the car twice a month doesn't bother me. There are a lot more important things in picking a car, to me.
    Looked at the Elantra Touring... a nice ride... Hyundai has definitely improved. Dang salesman was desperate.

The Suburu Impreza Outback looks like it fit's my bill as well...

I compared it to the 2010 Mazda s HB in celestial blue...OMG. After test driving the Mazda... I just had to leave the dealership. I had too much of a grin on my face....
    I really think the 5 door Hatchback with the 2.5L 6 speed manual may end up being my pick. It was so... fun to drive. I think the salesman knew I was in love.... that's why I had to leave... How can you negotiate when you know you want it!

Hee hee...

The practical side of me... may change my mind.... but that's really the car I want. *sigh* :blush:
    do those with passenger sided gas fillers struggle at the filling station

Actually, all of my current cars have the filler on the passenger side. It was a pain when I had a stable that included both sides. I could never remember which was which.

In any case, it can be a bit annoying at times. I'm always concerned with blocking people in who have it on the driver's side and are at the first pump in the island. If I nose up to them, they have to reverse out. And another note, which isn't a problem for me at 6'5", but I can see it being a problem for shorter folks with bigger cars, stretching across the passenger seat to pass your money/credit card out the passenger window to the attendant (unless you live in a self-serve state).

Anyway, it doesn't have any bearing on what car i choose.

The practical side of me... may change my mind.... but that's really the car I want. *sigh*

If that's the car you really want and you can afford it, why not get it? Life is short.
    If that's the car you really want and you can afford it, why not get it? Life is short.

Well... it really is about whether or not I can afford it. :blush: But you are correct! Life is short!